InsanelyMac logo design competition

Ed

214 posts in this topic

Cyclops DS Evolution has no registered trademark regarding their logo, and since the image of 'evolution' is quite common; one cannot effectively claim copyright as such unless able to demonstrate substantial unique qualities which distinguishes itself as an identity. But on the other hand, ROM carts manufacturing and/or reselling encourages privacy and is also a violation of the DMCA.

So sue us I say. I think not :wallbash:

Hi all.

Well, about this logo competition I want to give my contribution to make it really nice and shows nice works.

As I´m an advertiser professional and advertising art designer and work with all this for a long time, I´d like to say a few words about concepting an logo.

First of all, you have to understand what your "client" wants. I know that the crew from the forum left the idea of the concept wide open, so I understand some people may be a little lost about the creation of it. As most of the people involved in the creation are heavy users of the forum, you can get the spirit of the whole thing as inspiration.

Then you have to think that the logo should be simple but strong. My advice is that you all should do a brand research and take a look at the most powerfull brands in the world as reference. Do not copy it, it´s really bad. :thumbsup_anim: Look for it in the chase of ideas, not about copying it.

At this point of the competition, color is one thing that doesn´t matter. In the world of famous brands, the color come in second place. If the brand is strong and comunicates what your client do, color is one item that matters less.

I´m still making one research about Apple, about colors, fonts and getting the spirit of OSX Project to make a little option of logo for the competition.

As a professional of advertising, at this point of the competition, my vote goes for Yezero. Mate, you did a good job. Kinda disappointed to know that your concept of evolution was copied from the Nintendo stuff. Although the concept of evolution is universal, was already use by another Technology brand. But you´re in the right way. Till I see your work published, I was thinking the competition was a trainwreck like somebody said before.

[]´s

Ok, here's my last design/concept (kind of reminds me of the foamy Haribo sweets).

im-logo-competition.jpg

Oh, and guys, this is a sneak peak of what the site will be looking like (currently, logo-less):

im-newsite.jpg

Kinda disappointed to know that your concept of evolution was copied from the Nintendo stuff. Although the concept of evolution is universal, was already use by another Technology brand. But you´re in the right way. Till I see your work published, I this all the competition was a trainwreck like somebody said before.

I had no idea about the ROM Cart logo till someone pointed that out.

Cheers

Ok, here's my last design/concept.

im-logo-competition.jpg

Oh, and guys, this is a sneak peak of what the site will be looking like (currently, logo-less):

im-newsite.jpg

Im about to ask you for show us a sneak peak

My country sign doesn't look well in this black themes, at least with some color changes, but I have other better idea that could be nice.

Guest undefined

I like it, Sabr, though it's a little too thin - I'd say. I'm glad you didn't change the whole idea of logo, which shouldn't have laptops, grass or shiny somethings on it. And the new site looks fine, too!

And its evolution, not eveolution :P

Just a small Q. Is evolution supposed to be spelled with another "e" after the "v"?

What? I spelt it correctly. Check again...

(Just kidding, thanks for that. I've corrected it now.) :P

I had no idea about the ROM Cart logo till someone pointed that out.

Cheers

You´re welcome bro.

I hope you understand what I said.

I´m not saying here that you copied the Nintendo DS rom design concept, right?

Unfortunately somebody had the same great idea of you, but first. :P

Like your concept very much. Good job.

[]´s