[How To] GMA900 with QE and CI support on Leopard.

Andy4life

365 posts in this topic

can you use this for 850 or 865 cards

What about device id 0x2562 ? It was supported it Tiger according to this threads?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=4904

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=19504

I thought all 8xx series or 9xx series were the same.. but 8xx is older and would not be supported I guess. only 9xx are..

will the 945GCM478-L board from msi work?

It uses Intel® 945GC Chipset..

Can't get it working with iDeneb 10.5.5 on HP 500 Notebook

After installing AppleIntelGMA* in different combinations i can see only mouse cursor and black screen or I have software acceleration, but no hardware =(

UPDATE

With KALYWAY 10.5.1 works fine!

UPDATE

Works with previous updated to 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update + 10.5.4 Apple Update

Will try tooday update to 10.5.5

UPDATE

Everything works in iDeneb 10.5.5 with Andy4life's kexts (need all kexts from his pack).

Also I coped OpenGL, (Quartz and QuartzCore frameworks we do not need them) from 10.5.1 System.

!!!-Thank you very much-!!!

OpenGL, Quartz and QuartzCore frameworks from 10.5.1 System

UPDATE

"NO PAPERCLIP NEEDED FOR GMA900"

It Works... on kalyway 10.5.2

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ma900%20leopard

I can confirm it!!!

picture1hi9.th.pngthpix.gif

For 10.5.5: use opengl.framework from Leopard Graphics update

cheers

I'm not sure with it, because it doesn't work with OpenGL framework from 10.5.5 system (I think this framework is the same with OpenGL framework from Graphics Update).

Also I think that modified kexts needs only OpenGL framework because I mooved back Quartzs frameworks from 10.5.5 system and it works on iDeneb 10.5.5

Thanks for Andy4life and flibblesan.

I am running 10.5.5 now.

I update flibblesan's GMA900 package and OpenGL.framework from 10.5.4, all work great.

I can confirm that you can only update OpenGL.framework from 10.5.4 after you update GMA900.

Can anyone getting this to work w/ 10.5.5 be nice enough to post some step by step instructions. Apparently, I'm missing a step, or did something wrong. Here's what I've tried -- I found the opengl framework tar.gz that someone posted earlier in this thread. I copied (overwrote) the opengl folder into system/library/frameworks - Then I added fibble's kexts from the root of his folder as well as the ones from the folder for my device ID (added w/ kexthelper).. Reboot, and it comes up either garbled screen or just totally black. Am I missing a step? Need to be deleting files first, etc? TIA

Here is what I did:

0 - remove AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from /System/Library/Extensions folder (you do not need them because they won't work or you can make a backup)

1 - remove OpenGL.framework from /System/Library/Frameworks folder (do not forget to make a backup)

2 - copy OpenGL.framework from 10.5.1 System (you find link in previous posts)

3 - repairpermissions and reboot to be sure it is posible to boot up in graphics mode

4 - install AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from fibble's or Andy4life's pack (with kexthelper you do not need permissions repairing)

5 - use a paperclip if you run MacOsX on a laptop (you will find link on previous pages)

...I copied (overwrote) the opengl folder into system/library/frameworks...

I think here is your fault. See steps 1 and 2. I tried to overwrite it with no luck.

Thank for the help, followed your directions exactly, but still the same results. "More Info" shows its using the GMA900 driver, but still no QE -- Something perhaps a little strange though, that may show I'm still not bringing in the opengl framework correctly -- If I go to "About this mac" and click frameworks on the side under Software, it does not show a version number for OpenGL.. (it is the only framework in the long list that does not show a version number) -- Can someone confirm that it is supposed to show a version number there, cause if so this is more than likely the problem.. Then I gotta figure out why its not registering correctly when I copy it over. thx

edit: Guess I answered my own question.. Opengl framework was the prob -- I only needed to copy over a subdirectory from the tar file, not the whole directory.. QE rockin now, thanks again

I'm getting crazy trying to get my gma900 to work with iDeneb 10.5.5.. I reinstalled everything almost ten tims... also tried iAtkos, jas 10.5.4 etc and still get the blue screen (with and without paperclip) upon the first reboot when the install customizing wizard should appear.. if I connect a real external LCD monitor, I get a black screen on both the panels (and a "frequency out of range" message appear on the external monitor).. everything is working fine with qe/ci in kaly 10.5.2... but I would prefer using 10.5.5.... can someone give me step by step instructions to be able to boot properly my osx install with gma 900 in my laptop? please I have already google and searched everything :rolleyes:

thanks

Hello,

I start my Leo4all Mac 10.5.2 with the paperclip-trick at the moment. I tried some kexts from this topic, but I had to reinstall the OS three times. Now I will ask you for a kext combination. Here are my Infromations:

Intel GMA 900:
 Chipset Model:	GMA 900
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	64 MB of shared system memory
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x2592
 Revision ID:	0x0003
 Displays:
Display:
 Display Type:	LCD
 Resolution:	1280 x 800
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Built-In:	Yes
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display:
 Resolution:	800 x 600 @ 85 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

I have the two displays because of the paperclip-trick.

What kexts are the best for me?

I hope you can help me...

(Sorry my bad English)

Thanks

A tip for those who want to install 10.5.5 ideneb

Get Kexts from :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32150

& OpenGL.framework from Leopard Graphics Update

(download from http://kindred.at/maci/OpenGL.framework.tar.gz )

NO PAPERCLIP Required with these kexts

Use kexthelper for the kexts and manually replace OpenGL.framework

Cheers

hey moly82 this is what i did on my first boot on my dell inspiron 1300 idendeb 10.5.5

boot on single user mode bootflag -s then at darwin prompt type

cd /system/library/extensions

kextload appleintelgma950.kext

then type exit to continue booting. you should be able to boot the customizing wizard should appear.

before you restart replace the kext from lemnisk8 link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32150 use the kexthelper

the manauly replace OpenGL.framework also from lemnisk8 link http://kindred.at/maci/OpenGL.framework.tar.gz

then restart you should be able to boot without the pape clip

EDIT:

hi kirtog and thanks a lot for you help :2cents::blink:

thanks to your hint I was able to go across the installation wizard (booting -s and then loading the AppleIntelGMA950 kext manually), and then following your instructions I used kexthelper to replace the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions with the ones provided by lemnisk8 and manually replaced the OpenGL.framework folder.

The system starts now and I get to the GUI, but it takes about 5 minutes to get to the desktop, and QE/CI are not enabled... can you confirm that I had to uncompress all the files contained in the GMA900 package by lemnisk8 and move all of them to kexthelper? (AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin, AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle, AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)

Thanks bye! -_-

Get Kexts from :

Cheers

ciao lemnisk8 just a question, you say with these kexts no paperclip is required, and that's true also here. But you also get both QE and CI working?

thanks, regards

EDIT:

hi kirtog and thanks a lot for you help ;):)

thanks to your hint I was able to go across the installation wizard (booting -s and then loading the AppleIntelGMA950 kext manually), and then following your instructions I used kexthelper to replace the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions with the ones provided by lemnisk8 and manually replaced the OpenGL.framework folder.

The system starts now and I get to the GUI, but it takes about 5 minutes to get to the desktop, and QE/CI are not enabled... can you confirm that I had to uncompress all the files contained in the GMA900 package by lemnisk8 and move all of them to kexthelper? (AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin, AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle, AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)

Thanks bye! :)

you have to uncompress the gma900 package then uncopmpress again all the files inside the gma900 folder because this are zip files...

post-154376-1226418304_thumb.png

you have to uncompress the gma900 package then uncopmpress again all the files inside the gma900 folder because this are zip files...

yes that's what I did.. so you confirm I have to install all the files contained in the zip via kexthelper... then I simply dragged the new OpenGL.framework folder replacing the old one.... dunno why it doesn't work here... well I'll try again tomorrow....

just the last questions.. if you can... then I promise I won't bother you anymore :angel:

1. do you confirm QE/CI are enabled there? From your screen I can't see that..

2. how long does it take your boot time to get to the desktop more or less?

thanks bye

yes that's what I did.. so you confirm I have to install all the files contained in the zip via kexthelper... then I simply dragged the new OpenGL.framework folder replacing the old one.... dunno why it doesn't work here... well I'll try again tomorrow....

just the last questions.. if you can... then I promise I won't bother you anymore :angel:

1. do you confirm QE/CI are enabled there? From your screen I can't see that..

2. how long does it take your boot time to get to the desktop more or less?

thanks bye

Make sure your just putting the folder A into versions not replacing the whole openGL folder that was my problem i was replacing the whole folder like everyone said but your just suppose to put the A folder inside of the openGL replacement folder inside of the original openGL folder

Get Kexts from :

Cheers

I did this on my hp dv4275nr and now I got all resolutions unlocked and indeed no paperclip needed on boot - 10x god,

But i still got no QE/CI :rolleyes:

Anyone have a tip ? Really need QE..... HELP

Make sure your just putting the folder A into versions not replacing the whole openGL folder that was my problem i was replacing the whole folder like everyone said but your just suppose to put the A folder inside of the openGL replacement folder inside of the original openGL folder

well I replaced the whole OpenGL.framework like everyone said :rolleyes: thanks a lot I hope that's my problem will try tomorrow and let you know.. crossing the fingers..

well I replaced the whole OpenGL.framework like everyone said :rolleyes: thanks a lot I hope that's my problem will try tomorrow and let you know.. crossing the fingers..

Yea i did the same exact thing restore your openGL and just get the A folder in the new openGL and put it into the old one that was my problem i kept replacing the whole folder if you can go to the system profiler and go into the frameworks bar and find opengl and see what version yours is if it doesnt have a number then you did it wrong