[How To] GMA900 with QE and CI support on Leopard.

Andy4life

365 posts in this topic

strange. i don't have any artifacts except for a second on my SSE3 programs that crash on me. DVD player even works without a fight with just SSE2. I'm actually quite impressed.

thanks andy for your time to solve this issue!!! my Leopard 10.5.1 work perfectly on my inspiron 1300.

this is what i did. i just hex edit the appleintelgma950.kext the way andy did replacing a227 with 9225

then put it back to my extensions folde then repair permission. nice work andy thanks again!!! :(

thanks andy for your time to solve this issue!!! my Leopard 10.5.1 work perfectly on my inspiron 1300.

this is what i did. i just hex edit the appleintelgma950.kext the way andy did replacing a227 with 9225

then put it back to my extensions folde then repair permission. nice work andy thanks again!!! :blink:

That's what I like to see!

I should thank Andy also. Without his guide I would have never got GMA900 working on my HP dc7100

I managed to catch some of them. I did it in iTunes, though I get them only in the search field.

Also, obviously, it looks like the artifacts are input field related. Not sure if this helps, but that looks like the problem. Also, renaming a file under finder causes artifacts to appear.

post-66022-1213723156_thumb.png

By the iTunes search field you can see one of them and then the block by the apple icon that seems to happen whenever one is left on the screen.

I'm using the IntegratedFrameBuffer that was included with the original 1.5 TOH's release. Which one is the one that removes artifacts but doesn't allow resolution change? I want to see what happens when I stick that one in there.

It looks like that was the only one I could manage to catch. I tried to take a screenshot of it under dreamweaver but it just disappears.

this tutorial is great! makes OSX so much faster now. Though I'm having lots of artifacting in anything with transparency or any right click/pull down menus, I'm gonna try what made it work for sansey in a little bit. let you know how it goes.

I just installed 10.5.1 today, so I'm pretty damn new.

*edit*

as long as I press Fn+F7 during the gray loading screen a couple times my computer will boot into 10.5.1 no problem with no external monitor attached. Everyone in this thread is awesome. Everything it working now except the ability to dim my screen.

IBM z60t

Intel Pentium M 760 2.0GHz

14.1" WXGA screen (1280 x 768)

2 GB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM

64mb shared Intel GMA 900

Atheros Wireless Card

Leopard 10.5.1 kalyway (installed with SSE2, Audio Driver, and MBR)

Sansey's method worked wonders for me. (copying only AppleIntelGMA950 & AppleIntelGMA950GA from fibblesan's 10.5.3 pack and using the other original files from 10.5.1) I now get the very tiny amount of artifacting that andy4life and mascot are getting. VLC works perfect and only saw the artifacting very slightly with itunes open.

Artifacts are hardly even noticable and its few and far between excellent job fellas still no dvd player tho it starts just find prob is when the dvd starts to play but vlc is better anyway i did notice however that some programs would crash depending on combination off drivers overall excellent

Hi everybody,

First, I want to thanks Andy4life and insanelymac forums for all the great job.

I used this tutorial to install my graphic driver, and I was finally able to change the 1024x768 resolution.

But Dashboard is still "slow", because QE/CI is not working.

I've noticed my device ID is different from Andy's, so can this be the solution of my problem ?

And if it's the case, can you explain me how to fix this ? I'm pretty new to Mac OS X.

Thanks you for you work !

Here's a screenshot of my system profiler.

osx.png

--

zllak

Thank you !

I used fibblesan's AppleIntelGMA950.kext for my device ID 2582 and kept Andy4life (bundle etc) other files, and now, everything's running fine.

I just took the AppleIntelGMA950.kext file because I tried to put all the fibblesan files and I came back in a state where I wasn't able to change the resolution (no graphical driver I guess).

So I re-pasted the AppleIntel* files except the kext one and it worked, with Hardware acceleration and QE enabled.

Thank you all ! Great job.

nice work. It does seem that some people could not use the files I uploaded, even though they worked for myself. Maybe it's an incompatibility issue. If you upgraded to 10.5.3 properly and your drivers and OpenGL has been upgraded, then I think they will work.

nice work. It does seem that some people could not use the files I uploaded, even though they worked for myself. Maybe it's an incompatibility issue. If you upgraded to 10.5.3 properly and your drivers and OpenGL has been upgraded, then I think they will work.

I used your drivers with 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 now and no probs ive tried Andys too and jis work great also

I used h2a's method and it works perfect except a little mouse tearing!

thanks guys.

My System Info:

leo4all_v3.iso,10.5.2

Dell inspiron2200,GMA900,device ID 2592

yeah. i need 10.5.3 for SSE2. I just try to do Prasys manual installation of it and ended with a kernel panic and the inability to boot.

EDIT:

I zipped my configuration for Dev 2592 that is working perfectly, with NO artifacts. This solution involved using a combination of the files that have been posted around this thread and finally finding the right bunch so that i had the right AppleIntegratedframeBuffer and kext combination, as i was getting only a blue screen or a completely hosed configuration with all the previously described methods.

Using Dell Inspiron B120 laptop

Instructions:

DOWNLOAD THIS

*not sure if step 1 and 2 are necessary but i did it*

1. Download and install Leopard Graphics Update BUT DO NOT RESTART when it promts you

2. Delete the following from system/library/extensions

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

3. Allow the graphics update to restart

4. Take the files from my zip and apply them with Kext Helper (included)

5. Reboot.

this was my first attempt at writing instructions so if its missing something or isn't coherent let me know.

post-53826-1214613932_thumb.png

post-53826-1214614051_thumb.jpg

I'm using 10.5.1 iAtkos 1.0ir2, with GMA 915 dev ID 2592.

I copied andy4life's AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin files, and QE/CI are working. No menu artifacts.

However, Preview doesn't work at all for images (works ok for PDFs). I get a white window where the image should be. Quicklook works fine. Time machine doesnt work either, and FrontRow shows a blank black screen.

What am I doing wrong, or are these known issues?

I'm using 10.5.1 iAtkos 1.0ir2, with GMA 915 dev ID 2592.

I copied andy4life's AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin files, and QE/CI are working. No menu artifacts.

However, Preview doesn't work at all for images (works ok for PDFs). I get a white window where the image should be. Quicklook works fine. Time machine doesnt work either, and FrontRow shows a blank black screen.

What am I doing wrong, or are these known issues?

I suspect that's all caused by you having a CPU that can only do SSE2.

So, mouse tearing only with Laptops? They appear when cursor goes over Text Field?

pls, how fix this.....

in excel and word is exasperating, i have GMA900 device ID 2592, Kalyway 10.5.2