[How To] GMA900 with QE and CI support on Leopard.

Andy4life

365 posts in this topic

Hello moly82,

Thanks for the good instructions. I tried the kext and OpenGL framework combination from your post. Now I have QE/CI and a much better performance, but I still have artifacts. Do you have artifacts?

edit #1: Ouhh, I installed the ZIP-Files... ;) I will try it again

edit #2: I copied the kexts (and not the ZIP-Files :D ) with KextHelper, but I still have artifacts when I rename a file or use Firefox...

what kind of artifacts have you got? I don't have any artifacts while renaming files nor using firefox... I can see just sometimes some small artifacts (a small black square or two mouse cursors) but only when using some apps which are a little heavier respect the others (as office 2008 or lotus notes).... can you post a screenshot?

by the way if you have different and bigger artifacts, and if you have the same HW as I have (Compaq nc6120) I think you did something wrong following my instructions... ;)

bye!

Hi!

I have another issue with my AmiloPro V3205 Laptop running iAtkos 10.5.2. Everything went fine with the installation,. also IntelGMA950 was installed and is working absolutely perfect. Now my problem is when i try to connect an external montior, osx starts to output on this monitor but both screens go nuts. only the mouse-graphic is normal all other things are f*** up. When i disconnect the monitor, osx changes to the internal screen and everything is fine. Changing the resolution before connecting the monitor does not help,. Even switching with FN/F3 does not help.

Any ideas ???

Hy moly82,

Sorry that I didn't reply.

My artifacts are like yours. Sometimes I can see several cursors, when I type something in a text field, and a square. And when I work with Adobe Dreamweaver the artifacts are annoying.

I can't send you a picture, because I formatted Mac. (It's a really nice OS and 100x better than Windows, but I can't work with it because of the artifacts :( )

Perhaps someone will find a solution, then I will change ;) .

Bye

Hello,

I have another question...

Before I installed iDeneb 10.5.5, I had iAtkos 4.1i. With iAtkos I had no artifacts(!!), but no QE/CI, too (And I used the paperclip-trick). Do you know which kext (appleintelgma950.kext or appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext, ...) makes the artifacts? Maybe it is possible to combine different kexts and have QE/CI and no artifacts.

Thanks

Here I am again :unsure:

I tried your method, but it doesn't work.

What I did:

1. I deleted all appleintel* files and the appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext

2. Then I installed Andy's kext from the first post in this topic with kext helper

3. I deleted the OpenGL.framweork in the frameworks folder

4. And I copied the 10.5.1 OpenGL framework

5. Repaired permissions with the disk-utility and rebooted

I use iDeneb 10.5.5 and have with this method QE/CI and resolution change, but still artifacts.

Here's a Picture:

ideneb2qv5.th.png

bye

OK, when I use Zend (IDE) then I have no artifacts... :)

But now I have (again) another question. Is it normal that the graphics are slow? When I drag a window over the display then it jumps from place to place. The same for Spaces and Dashboard, the animations jump in big steps, or sometimes when I click on Dashboard it appears without effect (animation).

And what I noted is: When I start the app iShowU or some others. Then I can drag windows without "jumping", with sliding (the same for Spaces and co.)...

Very odd ;)

I have QE/CI enabled and I tried it with enabled and disabled QuartzGL.

I hope you can help me...

hi CRP! I saw in your signature a few days ago you are using the 2 finger scroll, and following the link I'm trying to get it to work here too :P

does it work fine for you? because here the scrolling is working but not so good.. did you use the com.Apple driver in that thread or you made some changes on it?

thanks, bye :)

Cool ;), I tried the two finger scroll tutorial, and it works! But I don't understand why my notebook is so slow... Maybe it isn't because of the graphics. I tried all kexts and OpenGL frameworks from this topic, but nothing!!!

Maybe the reason is that I have 1.73 GHz, or that I have just SSE2, or that System-Profiler shows me just 64 MB VRAM and on Windows I had 128 MB VRAM.......

Are the Films of you in Front Row or from the Apple Website normal? For me the pictures are odd.

odd1.tiff

odd2.tiff

As you can see in my signature I have the same processor with SSE2 and 1.73GHz speed. Also I have 64 MB of VRAM both in MacOs and Windows. But I don't have any problems with window movement, everything is smooth enough.

Wathing films from Apple webpage I can't see normal picture using Safari (odd pictures), but using opera I can see a normal picture.

hi guys!

i am running kalyway 10.5.1 iso on an acer travelmate (pentium m centrino 1,7; 512mb ram; intel 915gm onboard gfx)

so far i installed the kexts from the gma900.zip which was posted in this thread and the opengl framework which was posted here as well

it works fine (partly) i don't seem to have fragments, the bar is transparent everything looks pretty neat even the screensaver runs great...

BUT

as soon as i start any other opengl app (in my case the 3d-view of archiCAD) i see the picture for a few seconds and than the app crashes

what went wrong here????

btw. the paperclip is still obligatory..

@dav11kn

of course i could do with the software-render but it is just a workaround and i'm wondering if there is a solution for that...

and what really riddles me is that i can see the picture (for just a few seconds) so it seems to work and all the osx-native-gfx like this flurry screensaver or the visualizations in itunes work perferctly fine so it definetly seem to work but whats up with the rest, it crashes even on the most simple 3d browser games on miniclip...

btw before it all worked out for me i hade a few trys with the other framework in this thread (framework.tar.gz) which caused the same problem starting this flurry screensaver. i saw it for a second or two and than it hung and crashed

an other thing i noticed is that osx tells me that i have only 64mb v-ram whereas the bios is set for 124 so what's up with that???