ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I have a sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3870 PCIE card with device ID 9508, I don't see any package installers with this device ID, any suggestions?

I tried going into the ATIRadeonX2000,kext file and editing the info.plist file, except out of all the kexts in the folder, that is the only kext file that is not a folder and I cannot get into it? Any ideas for that problem as well?

much appreciated.

Andy

Hi, i hope you help me.....

I´m trying to install my Sapphire HD 3650 AGP in my Hackintosh....i was trying your method but i don´t have Netkas Enabler.

I show you my system profile: http://cl.ly/zim

I only install the LastExile Old 3650.pgk

If you look at my ID, it´s show 0x9598....when i think will be shown 0x9596.

I hope your help. Thanxss.....

My Pc:

Motherboard: Gygabyte 8i848p-g

Ram: 2gb DDR400

Graphic Card: Sapphire hd 3650 agp 8x

HD: 200 gb SATA

LAN: Integrated Marvel Gigabit Ethernet controller

Wifi: Dlink 851BGN

I install iPC 10.5.6:

- Chamaleon 2

- Kernel 9.4.0 StageXNV

- Chipset: Intel ICHx SataDrive

- Audio: AC97 (esta ha sido mi mayor sorpresa, el micro de entrada FUNCIONA)

- USB: Patched USB Driver

- PS/2 Keyborad Fix

- Seatbelt.kext

In the Darwin bootloader show me "ATI 16MB (ATIBOMB)".... i think with PC EFI v10.4.1 could be work.

Hi

I managed to install SL (10.6.3) on my Core i5 (Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 mainboard).

As my actual GPU (HIS RADEON 5850) did not work I tried it with an old HIS 3870. I could manage to get to work everything but Graphic Acceleration. Photoshop CS3 works like a charm and resolution is up to 1680x1050, but I can't get Aperture 3 to start "The installed graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for Aperture."

Is there any hope to get HD 3870 series to get to work correctly under SL(and if, how?) or I should I switch to another card (i'd spend up to a 100 EUR to get it work) ?

Another thought was to go for a HD4870 and sell the HD5850

hi giorgio i have the same PC that you have in the sign:

Q6600 8gb ram, hd 500gb, ati radeo 4650 and Dual monito (1 hdmi 1 dvi)

can you tell me how to set snow leopard to work with my graphic card?

-----

Ciao Giorgio ho il tuo stesso pc che hai in firma:

inter quad core Q6600 con 8gb di ram e ati radeon 4650 con dual monitor (uno in hdmi e uno in dvi). Non riesco a trovare una soluzione per poter settare la scheda video. Non ho problemi ad installare e far partire snow leopard, ma non riesco a settare la scheda video...

Mi aiuteresti?

Hi

I've got a DELL OPTIPLEX 755 Desktop with a HD 2400 XT (94c1) pci small formfactor.

My distro is iATKOS v7 10.5.7.

I've tryed the installer ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pcie Series which gave me no improvement in resolution. Then i've tryed the installer found on page 2 and got a "disco screen".

May be it was not a good idea to install both...

What is cleanest way to delete the kexts ?

Is there a chance to see this card working or am i stuck with 1024*768 ?

PS : It's not the mobility version in a laptop but a small pci card in a desktop.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I've got a DELL OPTIPLEX 755 Desktop with a HD 2400 XT (94c1) pci small formfactor.

My distro is iATKOS v7 10.5.7.

I've tryed the installer ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pcie Series which gave me no improvement in resolution. Then i've tryed the installer found on page 2 and got a "disco screen".

May be it was not a good idea to install both...

What is cleanest way to delete the kexts ?

Is there a chance to see this card working or am i stuck with 1024*768 ?

PS : It's not the mobility version in a laptop but a small pci card in a desktop.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156957

escuse for italian

Hi Guys,

I've tried searching through this forum but the search function is pretty lame and I can't find anything. Does anyone have the hex string for the sapphire radeaon hd 4550? I'm currently doing the snow leopard hack from this forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181903

the hex string I need is from step 6. To my knowledge its the only thing that is holding me back from finishing this hack attempt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

J

Hi Guys,

I've tried searching through this forum but the search function is pretty lame and I can't find anything. Does anyone have the hex string for the sapphire radeaon hd 4550? I'm currently doing the snow leopard hack from this forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181903

the hex string I need is from step 6. To my knowledge its the only thing that is holding me back from finishing this hack attempt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

J

You will need to add your device id to the x2000 kext and the 4600controller kext, use chameleon rc4 and add <string>GraphiceEnabler</string><key>Yes</key> to your boot plist. Have your display connected to the vga port and it should work

Hi JaS,

I'm going about making my first Hack using dgobe's 'Flash Drive Install' Post #2

here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724 with installer pkg

here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1387316

I am having some troubles but trying to nut my way through. My question for you here is about

getting my Sapphire Radeon ATI 4870x2 eventually working on 10.6.3, Although the above guide

is fantastic it is geared toward Nvidea GFx Cards. I'm yet to work out what if anything needs to be

removed/ modified from dgobe's pkg to achive first install & thenthe best way to get my GFx card working..

I intend once initial install completed to update to Dr Hurt's Modded Chameleon RC5 as I read he has

added ATI support although this was all I found out (No Exact Mod. Details) & do remember reading

somewhere he was using same GFx Card as Mine...

Any knowledge, information, support or links that may have to help me eventually have this GFx card

working would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Hi jayaresea,

I found a couple of day's ago a page that had a large compilation of Graphic Card strings. I grabbed

the one for my card just incase I need it. For the life of me I can't remember where this was, but I'm

sure it was not here. Google a couple of spare hours should get you what you want..

Installed the HD2600 PRO(id 9589) package under OSX 10.6.2 and now i can't login !

I type my password and it tries to login and then i get back to the loginscreen ;(

What can i do to remove the package since i can't login(i don't want to reinstall) ?

Thanks !

Hi. Any chance of having an install package for Ati 4350. My card: ASUS EAH4350 Silent (PCIe).

Ioreg sees it as Peregrine.

I have iATKOS v7 install and SL 10.6.3 install. Nektas EFI 10.6, X2000.Kexts and 4500controller + GraphicsEnabler=yes

Managed on SL 10.6.3 but only DVI and safe mode boot. Without -x,... panic! (DVI or VGA)

Boots with VGA and DVI output in 2 different monitors at same time but on kexts load, VGA looses signal.

Would love to know how to get VGA output and to avoid panic.

Panic clearly mentions probem in SLOT and a few lines after mentions X2000 Kext

Never managed on iATKOSv7. Tried boot string, kexts editing with ioreg info, device id, etc. Black or white garbled screens that is what i get (VGA or DVI).

So, is it possible to get an install package for this card? Will give info if necessary.

Thanks

Installed the HD2600 PRO(id 9589) package under OSX 10.6.2 and now i can't login !

I type my password and it tries to login and then i get back to the loginscreen ;(

What can i do to remove the package since i can't login(i don't want to reinstall) ?

Thanks !

Hi. Somehow you probably changed your password and removing kexts will not help. Anyway, to remove kexts you should boot with -s and type:

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf/System/Library/Extensions/'name of kext' (return)

rm -rf/System/Library/Extensions.mkext (return)

rm -rf/System/Library/Caches/* (return)

reboot (return)

To check the names of kexts to remove: ls "path to Extensions"

Hope it helps

Hi. Any chance of having an install package for Ati 4350. My card: ASUS EAH4350 Silent (PCIe).

Ioreg sees it as Peregrine.

I have iATKOS v7 install and SL 10.6.3 install. Nektas EFI 10.6, X2000.Kexts and 4500controller + GraphicsEnabler=yes

Managed on SL 10.6.3 but only DVI and safe mode boot. Without -x,... panic! (DVI or VGA)

Boots with VGA and DVI output in 2 different monitors at same time but on kexts load, VGA looses signal.

Would love to know how to get VGA output and to avoid panic.

Panic clearly mentions probem in SLOT and a few lines after mentions X2000 Kext

Never managed on iATKOSv7. Tried boot string, kexts editing with ioreg info, device id, etc. Black or white garbled screens that is what i get (VGA or DVI).

So, is it possible to get an install package for this card? Will give info if necessary.

Thanks

Hi. Somehow you probably changed your password and removing kexts will not help. Anyway, to remove kexts you should boot with -s and type:

/sbin/mount -uw /

reboot (return)

Hope it helps

UPDATE

10.6.3 in fact boots without panic. System profiler does not report it but running Quartz Extreme Check utility says display is accelerated. Not sure about other graphic advanced features.

I will try to find other utilities to check. Able to run Front Row.

Unfortunately my best video card at the moment is the onboard video of my motherboard. It's listed as a "Radeon HD 3000". The ID seems to also turn up "AMD 760G" according to the AMD/ATi identification program. Is there something from the 3xxx series I COULD use?

Does anyone know if there is any support for the ATI HD 4500 Cards? And if so, where could I find this driver. I have scoured these forums and I can't find anything. I'm running Hackintosh on Gigabyte GA-EP45UD3P and have only been able to get it working on NVidia.

Thank you!

I can't get my ATI Radeon Sapphire HD3850 devID: 9505 working..

Please can somewone help me?

Tnx

Same for me, the 3800-series pkg here doesn't work for Snow Leopard, you try to login, the screen flashes, and you're back at the login screen. This continues indefinitely.

Thanks !

same problem... please help :D

/sbin/mount -uw /

reboot (return)

Hope it helps

I have the same problem as dawncobra. Same kext and card. I can't get past the login screen in both normal boot and safe mode. I went into -s boot, and looked at the kexts I have installed but I couldn't find anything that resembled ati kexts.

What exactly am I looking for? What kexts are installed with the pkg installers?

hi !

i have ati radeon hd3650 but mt id 9591(not like in ur list)

i try to instal ur drivers for intel cpus but iam stuck on boot

its tiping something about appleIntelCPUPowerManegment

and something about cant find id ati card

cant boot even in -x safe mode

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&SUBSYS_FF1C1179&REV_00