ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hey guys, could any of help me out? Im new here. Im currently using HP Pavillion Dv2 - 1003AX. Its a AMD Athlon-Neo Processor, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 graphic card. I was just wondering whether the Mac OS X 10.5.6 would work on my laptop. And if yes, where could i find the instructions to do so. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

First off, let me say thanks for all the hard work that went into providing drivers for poor ATI loving sods like me!

I used to have an MSI 3650 512mb that worked perfectly with the package on post #1 in this thread.

Sadly that 3650 has gone to the big rig in the sky and lack of money has forced me to pull my Asus HD3850x2 1Gb (EAH3850x2) from my windoze rig and I have been trying to get it to work with my Leo install ever since (I havenet even looked at Snow until i can sort this issue).

The Device id for the card is 9513 and the vendor id is 1002 (so 0x95131002) I have tried everything i can think of and Im at the very end of my noob tether!

I have tried the EFI studio method to no avail (cannot change resolutions and mostly have to boot with the -x flag).

I have also tried the packages from post 1 in this thread.

Iif anyone has had any success with the same card please let me know. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Basis specs:Asus P5Q deluxe (modded bios 2201 - thanks to Kabyl)

Intel Q6600 (OC'ed to 3600MHz)

4GB Gskill DDR2 1066

Asus EAH3850x2 - 0x95131002

Thanks in advance.

Apologies if this has already been covered.I did quite an extensive search and found nothing so thought i'd give it a go!

Yeah, seconded, I'm running a Lenovo T400 and a driver that works, or even lets me force my Mobility 3470 into native resolution would be really helpful!!

Great work so far though guys...

Have you tried here?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1290038

I am running a T400 at full resolution - there is no QE/QC, and the external display is not working, but it sure beats the 1184x862 or whatever the garbage it is without the driver.

I used iAtkos v7 and installed voodoohda for the sound, VooDooPS2 for keyboard/trackpad support (no trackpoint)- speakers don't work but headphone out does - might be able to fiddle, but I never listen to the internal speakers anyway. Purchased a Belkin USB WIFI F5D8053 ($50) and it runs with the Ralink drivers selected from iAtkos v7. I am pretty happy with the setup, I would really like to get monitor out working, my 22" full HD monitor is just going to waste when I run OSX, but I will live until a solution is found.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys, could any of help me out? Im new here. Im currently using HP Pavillion Dv2 - 1003AX. Its a AMD Athlon-Neo Processor, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 graphic card. I was just wondering whether the Mac OS X 10.5.6 would work on my laptop. And if yes, where could i find the instructions to do so. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

I responded to someone else with the following, I don't know about the radeon HD 3450, but my Thinkpad T400 has a 3470 and it runs at full resolution, just no HW acceleration:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1290038

has links for a radeon driver that works for me - good luck.

I'm using iDeneb 10.5.8 and i got a Sapphire 3850 ultimate. I used the 38xx Driver for Intel processors and when i restarted my computer. The result was distorted (white blue black) graphics and when i get to the login screen i only see a blue backround (reminds me of windows blue screens rofl ) eventhough my mac operates correctly.

So: A. does anyone else have the same problem? (sorry i cba to read 108pages)

B.Is there any way to fix this ?

C.How can i remove the driver and use the HD generic one? (i already tried installing the HDbase driver from the installation DVD but it didnt change anything).

P.s. I'm using -x (safemode) in order to log into my Mac.

Edit: Ok here is something odd now... I used the new installer ( the one that you choose which GPU you got in order to install it ). In normal mode the display was still distorted but a bit improved. Now when i restarted on SafeMode i can use both of my Monitors ( i use 2 monitors ) and on full display 1280x1024 on the main and 1024x768 on the 2nd one.

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pcie

Device ID: 9598

Download Intel

Download AMD

First of all thanks to you for all these great drivers, however, that being said, I am really confused about my situation. I have an AMD processor on a gigabyte mb, and an ati 3650 PCIe card. You will notice that there is specifically a driver for this, it is the only part of the quote I left in.

Guess what, it doesn't work, period... I've tried installing it several times and the computer just hangs on the boot screen.

Any ideas?

Hi

I am using Laptop Fujitsu Amilo SA 3650 with ATI HD 3200 Internal, but with this laptop there is an External booster as in http://ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/notebo...ic_booster.html

this graphic booster is ATI HD 3780

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870 with 512 MB GDDR3 dedicated video memory

Interfaces: DVI-I (incl. HDCP), HDMI (incl. HDCP and S/PDIF out), USB 2.0

Is there any suggestion to get the external one works?

Thanks in advance.

I want to first thank you folks for making my life so much easier. I have just installed an ATI HD 2600 Pro pci-e 512mb card (dev id:9589) on my rig (specs below), and using your installer, it was a snap to get my card working 100%. So much nicer than getting my hands dirty in a text editor.

Well done lads!!!

ps: my card has two dvi ports and with this patch, I can use both ports and run the monitors in extended mode.

Hi, i want to ask you, did you make any changes to any kext files or you just installed the driver (just like that) and it workd ? ...cus i installed the ATI Radeon HD2600Pro (PCI Express) driver and it erazed all my rezolutions without the 1024/768 and didn't make any changes :) I am using the iATKOS i7 (10.5.7) I will apreciate any answer - Thank you !

Hi guys, i'm from Italy and i've an issue; i've an nice (what..??!!! :) ) Ati Radeon 4570, 4500 Series, but i haven't the drivers fro it...

There is a hero that can help me??

With a littele tweak (i've changed the VEN e DEV of desktop catalyst .inf for Windows 7 64bit) i've my card full functionally with the latest catalyst in Windows 7 (if not there isn't stable driver for Windows 7...incredible...).

Now, i want to use it in ideneb... For now i've two little problem:

- the CPU i7 Q720

- the GPU 45XX series

Can somebody help me? If it can help you, i post the specifics:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&SUBSYS_02BD1028&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&SUBSYS_02BD1028

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&CC_0300

Let me know please...Thanks!

UPDATE:

I'm IN!!!! Well, we are in business!! Version used:

- ideneb 10.5.7

Boot OPTION:

- -v cpus=4 busratio=20

Everything goes well, without errors and i can arrive to installation step! I haven't contined couse i'm waiting for your opinions! Like in the images, MAC's SYSTEM PROFILE finds these peripherics:

http://imageshare.web.id/images/splktq2xp9gloozhnwci.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/w4ycov3q63xv2p3c28s.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/2bs0h5w2hjdf5xkq3kye.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/ce6706o9lqc0cuptn.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/38pdcibd12rdt05rskcj.jpg

Come on, we are next to the goal!!! But now, which video driver i've to use/select??? Is there something form my video card??

Thanks to all guys you are my heroes!!

UPDATE:

I'm IN!!!! Well, we are in business!! Version used:

- ideneb 10.5.7

Boot OPTION:

- -v cpus=4 busratio=20

Everything goes well, without errors and i can arrive to installation step! I haven't contined couse i'm waiting for your opinions! Like in the images, MAC's SYSTEM PROFILE finds these peripherics:

http://imageshare.web.id/images/splktq2xp9gloozhnwci.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/w4ycov3q63xv2p3c28s.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/2bs0h5w2hjdf5xkq3kye.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/ce6706o9lqc0cuptn.jpg

http://imageshare.web.id/images/38pdcibd12rdt05rskcj.jpg

Come on, we are next to the goal!!! But now, which video driver i've to use/select??? Is there something form my video card??

Thanks to all guys you are my heroes!!

Your card is Not supported in Leo and "maybe" in Snow (if mobility) :( Check IRC or netkas.org

Your card is Not supported in Leo and "maybe" in Snow (if mobility) :( Check IRC or netkas.org

Yes, mine is Mobility... Could you help me with a link o something? I've tried to go in IRC but i don't know where i can download something...

Please help me...thanks!

UPDATE:

I've finded this:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...p;mode=threaded

ATIRadeonX2000.kext from 10.5.7

0x9553 1002 = M92 [Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series]

It's seem supported...right?? When i'll go to install Leopard ideneb 1.6, what i'll have to select in option? This KEXT is auto selected or i'll have to modify something?

Yes, mine is Mobility... Could you help me with a link o something? I've tried to go in IRC but i don't know where i can download something...

Please help me...thanks!

UPDATE:

I've finded this:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...p;mode=threaded

ATIRadeonX2000.kext from 10.5.7

0x9553 1002 = M92 [Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series]

It's seem supported...right?? When i'll go to install Leopard ideneb 1.6, what i'll have to select in option? This KEXT is auto selected or i'll have to modify something?

Go to IRC, you'll see there from the topic that Mobility is not supported in Snow. That said, all 4xxx cards (mobility & Desktop) is not supported in Leopard - I don't think it will ever be. As of now, 4xxx desktop cards are only working in Snow (but not all). Mobility might have a chance in the future, but right at this moment, it is not working.

Even though it looks like that dev ids are on the supported list and the 4670 that came with the new iMac are mobility, it just doesn't work.

This is just what I was told. The people who said this are the ones who were making the patched drivers so of all people, they know what they are talking about. Of course, I could have been misinformed or misunderstood them but I don't think so. Also, no one has successfully reported about mobility working in snow (4xxx).

BTW, what I meant about 4xxx cards are the newer ones, I'm not including on my statement about 48xx cards (mobility/desktop) as I have no clue about those.

4xxx = 43xx,45xx,46xx,47xx.

Lastly, when I mean supported, it should have full QI/CE. IMO, if you can just trick the resolution to your native one, it is still not supported.

It would also be best to ask them directly from IRC :(

Good luck

Go to IRC, you'll see there from the topic that Mobility is not supported in Snow. That said, all 4xxx cards (mobility & Desktop) is not supported in Leopard - I don't think it will ever be. As of now, 4xxx desktop cards are only working in Snow (but not all). Mobility might have a chance in the future, but right at this moment, it is not working.

Even though it looks like that dev ids are on the supported list and the 4670 that came with the new iMac are mobility, it just doesn't work.

This is just what I was told. The people who said this are the ones who were making the patched drivers so of all people, they know what they are talking about. Of course, I could have been misinformed or misunderstood them but I don't think so. Also, no one has successfully reported about mobility working in snow (4xxx).

BTW, what I meant about 4xxx cards are the newer ones, I'm not including on my statement about 48xx cards (mobility/desktop) as I have no clue about those.

4xxx = 43xx,45xx,46xx,47xx.

Lastly, when I mean supported, it should have full QI/CE. IMO, if you can just trick the resolution to your native one, it is still not supported.

It would also be best to ask them directly from IRC :)

Good luck

You're right man...!!!

I was able to run ideneb 1.6 with -v -x cpus=4 busratio=20, but only in vesa mode... Nothing good for now... :):(:(

Thanks a lot!!

img0051xw.th.jpg img0049msj.th.jpg

hi there, i'm really new to macs XD

i installed an almost bare installation on my sony vaio fw11e. now i'd like to install video drivers for my video card which is an ati mobility radeon hd 3470.

is there any way to install the correct drivers? at the top post there was a "coming soon" for 3450 & 3470 so i'd like to know if these drivers were released... thank you so much!

i am very desperate...

i have a DELL 1545 with graphic card "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 256 MB" and i have installed iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8

when osx start,after the gray screen with the silver apple, my screen is white with black lines (if I understand it is the mouse)

if I use -x I see the screen very well!!

there are driver for my problem?? T-T

PS sorry for my bad english

i have a k9n-neo v2f with a amd 64 x2 5600+ mounted on it. My video card is a HIS Ati Radeon HD3870 512GDDR4. I managed to succesfully install the iPC distro (10.5.6 i think) and i installed your amd 3800series package. I have resolution change but no opengl acceleration and no qe/ci thing (i don't know what is that :D ). Can you help me to solve this problem ? i want leopard so bad :D .

Thx.

Hi,

After endless attempts I eventually succeeded to install iAtkos v7 (Voodoo 970 kernel) on my PC.

However, I have a problem:

First boot after I finished installing Mac, I got a "messed" screen. After

installing ATI HD4850 driver from iDeneb distribution I got normal screen at native resolution (although the fonts

seem blurry and I'm unable to configure them using system preference). However, after restart I get a black screen.

If a restart with -x and reinstall the graphics driver, the next boot I again get the normal screen. Restart after that - black screen again, and so forth... It seems as the first boot after installing the driver is fine, and the boot after that the driver gets erased/disabled or something.

My hardware -

MSI motherboard with Intel P45 chipset.

Graphics card - ATI Radeon 4850.

Two SATA disks.

I installed the iAtkos v7 distribution, the Voodoo 9.7.0 kernel, SMBIOS EFI enabler, ATA/IDE Intel fix and everything else - default. As you probably already understood I'm only a novice (if not to say a complete n00b :-)), so any help will be

much appreciated.

Got myself a toshiba sattelite p300 ( p8400 / intel p45m / Ari mobility hd 3650 )

Iaktos 10.5.7 ( superb distro ), managed to get acceleration on the radeon using the test driver in first post, but .. i get ± 45 -50 hz refresh rate .. and i see all resolutions, from 640x480 to .. 2560/1600 .. but no refresh rate .

so .. any way to force only 60 hz ???

many thanx in advance

btw . the laptop has 2 x 250 gb s-ata hdd .. managed to get them striped .. superb performance.