ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have been searching for days here (yes, 3 days so far) and can't seem to find the right driver for the Radeon HD 4850 on Iatkos 10.5.7 can anyone be kind enough to provide me the link? I have a i7-930 and the Radeon card but unfortunately, the driver I've tried made the mouse jumps erradically and then it reboots my system. Thanks for the help!

No the installer should work fine on any 10.5.x installs oh tho report back if it doesnt work and i will repack the pkg and correct it

Please help me

i have managed to instal ToH 10.5 Mac OSX every things works except mic and grahics card . i m not getting the correct resolution.

here are my specs

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz

Display: LCD samsung

Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (inbuilt)

Audio is Realtek HD

i found kext for graphics by Callisto but i cannot execute teh command in VI as i dont have any knoledge about it. here i m pasting the instruction some one please elaborate it assuming dummies.i dont understand anything from step 7 onwards.

1.I have typed this out of my head, so if something is incorrect, let me know, ok?

å

2.Download the file to the Desktop (surely you know how to download, no?)

Safari will download and unzip the archive into Callisto_latest.

3.Start a new terminal window from Applications->Utilities

4. cd ~/Desktop

5. cd Callisto_latest or wherever the archive was decompressed.

6. vi CallistoHAL.kext/Contents/Info.plist

7. Replace my own PCI device ID with yours under the IOPCIMatch key (4150 is mine...)

Don't tell me you don't know how to use vi? Try nano or Textedit then.

8. If your DFP monitor is detected as CRT by the driver, you can try to hard-code the EDID string of your monitor. Use the Monitor Asset Manager (or any other way) to retrieve your 128 byte HEX value string. When using MAM, you only need the actual hex values do not include line numbers (00:, 10:, 20:, etc).

9. Next open the Callisto_latest folder on your desktop, then right mouse click on Callisto.kext and left click on Show Package Contents. Open the Contents folder and there you will see Info.plist.

9. Double click on Info.plist file and it *should* open in Property List Editor. Click on the arrow next to the Root, then arrow next to the IOKitPersonalities, then next to the CallistoMatch.

10. You will see a key called MONITOR_TYPE,EDID. Double click on it to edit it and replace the MONITOR_TYPE with DFP so it says DFP,EDID or with CRT,EDID for a CRT screen.

11. In the value field of the same key replace the hex values there with the ones from your EDID, making sure that the < and > remain on the ends. You will see my original value there, it's the EDID for Apple Cinema Display 20" :). Once done, save the file with File/Save.

12. Here's an imaginary EDID string, just so you see how it looks like:

00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 10 AC 19 A0 4C 56 52 31 0D 10 01 03 80 2B 1B 78 EE EE 91 A3 54 4C 99 26 0F 50 54 A5 4B 00 81 80 71 4F 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 7C 2E 90 A0 60 1A 1E 40 30 20 36 00 B2 0E 11 00 00 1A 00 00 00 FF 00 48 46 37 33 30 36 33 52 31 52 56 4C 0A 00 00 00 FC 00 44 45 4C 4C 20 32 30 30 37 57 46 50 0A 00 00 00 FD 00 38 4C 1E 53 0E 00 0A 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 33

13. It is absolutely important that you do not miss any characters in your EDID string, and that it is exactly 128 bytes long. Also have in mind that the above procedure is ONLY for non-Mobility owners, Mobility owners should not do this, your settings come from the BIOS.

14. sudo mv Callisto* /System/Library/Extensions/

(enter your password when prompted)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

We might need to clean up some of the display settings files, so proceed with the following inside the terminal window:

sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*

Also remove any display settings in your com.apple.Boot.plis file, for example:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

This file is in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ folder.

Before you reboot, make sure you remove the Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, so that system refreshes those and include Callisto:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Reboot and hope all goes well.

If it does, you will see your screen's default resolution (whatever that is based on the EDID). Go to your Display Preferences and try changing a resolution in there.

If you do not see new resolutions in Display Preferences, you did not follow the instructions above to the letter or the driver does not work properly on your computer, go back and try again.

When you change the resolution and get a picture, congratulate yourself.

Else, if you get a black screen, don't just click with the mouse like mad. Try using the cursor up and down key to switch between other modes and see if that brings the image back.

If there's no image at all, read the Troubleshooting section for possible solutions. If those fail then the driver does not work for you. Boot into single user mode (that's -s switch in boot prompt) and remove the two KEXT files...sorry it didn't work.

If you mess up your OS, don't blame me, you should've read the F.A.Q. first.

Please help me

i have managed to instal ToH 10.5 Mac OSX every things works except mic and grahics card . i m not getting the correct resolution.

here are my specs

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz

Display: LCD samsung

Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (inbuilt)

Audio is Realtek HD

i found kext for graphics by Callisto but i cannot execute teh command in VI as i dont have any knoledge about it. here i m pasting the instruction some one please elaborate it assuming dummies.i dont understand anything from step 7 onwards.

1.I have typed this out of my head, so if something is incorrect, let me know, ok?

å

2.Download the file to the Desktop (surely you know how to download, no?)

Safari will download and unzip the archive into Callisto_latest.

3.Start a new terminal window from Applications->Utilities

4. cd ~/Desktop

5. cd Callisto_latest or wherever the archive was decompressed.

6. vi CallistoHAL.kext/Contents/Info.plist

7. Replace my own PCI device ID with yours under the IOPCIMatch key (4150 is mine...)

Don't tell me you don't know how to use vi? Try nano or Textedit then.

8. If your DFP monitor is detected as CRT by the driver, you can try to hard-code the EDID string of your monitor. Use the Monitor Asset Manager (or any other way) to retrieve your 128 byte HEX value string. When using MAM, you only need the actual hex values do not include line numbers (00:, 10:, 20:, etc).

9. Next open the Callisto_latest folder on your desktop, then right mouse click on Callisto.kext and left click on Show Package Contents. Open the Contents folder and there you will see Info.plist.

9. Double click on Info.plist file and it *should* open in Property List Editor. Click on the arrow next to the Root, then arrow next to the IOKitPersonalities, then next to the CallistoMatch.

10. You will see a key called MONITOR_TYPE,EDID. Double click on it to edit it and replace the MONITOR_TYPE with DFP so it says DFP,EDID or with CRT,EDID for a CRT screen.

11. In the value field of the same key replace the hex values there with the ones from your EDID, making sure that the < and > remain on the ends. You will see my original value there, it's the EDID for Apple Cinema Display 20" :). Once done, save the file with File/Save.

12. Here's an imaginary EDID string, just so you see how it looks like:

00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 10 AC 19 A0 4C 56 52 31 0D 10 01 03 80 2B 1B 78 EE EE 91 A3 54 4C 99 26 0F 50 54 A5 4B 00 81 80 71 4F 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 7C 2E 90 A0 60 1A 1E 40 30 20 36 00 B2 0E 11 00 00 1A 00 00 00 FF 00 48 46 37 33 30 36 33 52 31 52 56 4C 0A 00 00 00 FC 00 44 45 4C 4C 20 32 30 30 37 57 46 50 0A 00 00 00 FD 00 38 4C 1E 53 0E 00 0A 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 33

13. It is absolutely important that you do not miss any characters in your EDID string, and that it is exactly 128 bytes long. Also have in mind that the above procedure is ONLY for non-Mobility owners, Mobility owners should not do this, your settings come from the BIOS.

14. sudo mv Callisto* /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

We might need to clean up some of the display settings files, so proceed with the following inside the terminal window:

sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*

Also remove any display settings in your com.apple.Boot.plis file, for example:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

This file is in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ folder.

Before you reboot, make sure you remove the Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, so that system refreshes those and include Callisto:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Reboot and hope all goes well.

If it does, you will see your screen's default resolution (whatever that is based on the EDID). Go to your Display Preferences and try changing a resolution in there.

If you do not see new resolutions in Display Preferences, you did not follow the instructions above to the letter or the driver does not work properly on your computer, go back and try again.

When you change the resolution and get a picture, congratulate yourself.

Else, if you get a black screen, don't just click with the mouse like mad. Try using the cursor up and down key to switch between other modes and see if that brings the image back.

If there's no image at all, read the Troubleshooting section for possible solutions. If those fail then the driver does not work for you. Boot into single user mode (that's -s switch in boot prompt) and remove the two KEXT files...sorry it didn't work.

If you mess up your OS, don't blame me, you should've read the F.A.Q. first.

Hi i dont understand the VI command please explain me from Step 7 how to do it please...its not dmg file its .kext which i m supposed to edit according to the above instruction ...

i got ati radeon 2400 id is 94c3 ... i downloaded from the link but it is for leopard and not for sl ... where can i get 2400 drivers for sl.. thanks

In the world of Harry Potter.....

Giorgio

Hello,

Please I have tested iATKOS v7 10.5.7 on my dell inspiron 1545 and everything worked excerpt for my video, no QE/CI. Used native resolution fixed for my display. I decided to buy a new laptop maybe Sony Vaio, HP or Asus.

Please here are some laptops spec and let me know if my graphics will be supported also QE/CI support?

Sony VAIO VPCEB1PFX/B Notebook PC

Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz,

Memory: 4GB DDR3,

500GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.5" Display

Graphics

GPU/VPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 or

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

HP ProBook 4510s FN071UT Notebook PC

Intel Core 2 Duo P7570 2.26GHz,

4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD

GPU/VPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

Asus K52Jr-X2 Laptop Computer

Intel Core i3-350M 2.26GHz,

4GB DDR3, 640GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6"

GPU/VPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Thankxx

Help!!! I have iPc 10.5.6 installed on my pc using voodoo kernel. I installed the ati hd 2400 pro pkg but when I rebooted only one monitor was working...can some one help me...please. I have the agp version and have to vga monitors connected via dvi to vga cables.

In the world of Harry Potter.....

Giorgio

Hi,

can you tell me how did you manage to get dual monitor working on 4650?

(Asrock G31-M GS Q6600 4G RAM 800 ATI HD4650 QE/CI OK (Snow 10.6.3 dual monitor) HD SATA 500 )

I'm buying a new graphic card for Snow Leopard, so it would be amazing if you could share that information :)

And, from what manufacter your card is? Does it have 512mb?

Thx!

Hi,

can you tell me how did you manage to get dual monitor working on 4650?

(Asrock G31-M GS Q6600 4G RAM 800 ATI HD4650 QE/CI OK (Snow 10.6.3 dual monitor) HD SATA 500 )

I'm buying a new graphic card for Snow Leopard, so it would be amazing if you could share that information :)

And, from what manufacter your card is? Does it have 512mb?

Thx!

Asus http://schede-video-pc.blogspot.com/2010/0...12mb-pci-e.html

Giorgio

Thank you for answering! :thumbsup_anim:

Can you just tell me how did you manage got to work two monitors? Is it possible to connect one monitor to DVI port and one to HDMI?

For dual monitor: The first output from HDMI, the second output from DVI to VGA monitor with DVI-VGA Adapter (you must use the analog signal of the DVI out (four left pins) , the digital signal is the same of HDMI output)). Dual monitor only with 10.6.3.

Giorgio

Anyone can help me? D:

I have a Radeon HD4830 and i can't find the driver...

at the first post here, there's a link to the 48x0 drivers ("Link for the installers untill have the first post fixed")

but it's broken D:

hello,

i'm trying to install a 3870x2 with snowleopard.

i know it's seem to be impossible but... with this method (from this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179247)

i get a full resolution working on a dualscreen config under osx10.6 :

INSTALL GRAPHIC DRIVER ATI X3870X2 (id 950f1002)

Install method is easy too, without natit´s, without manually patches, without all complications…J

Restart system in safe mode " in boot process press „F8“ and then „-x“.

System start in safe mode.

In DiskUtility repair disk permissions.

From /System/Library/Extensions delete all kexts name „ATI……..“ and „GeForce……..“, i specified !! ALL kexts !!

Install "ATI Radeon HD.pkg" ( www.mediafire.com/file/zlzmejzknmd ), restart in safe mode. ( me i didn't, i did this two steps in one time)

Now install „3870x2Leopard.pkg“, restart normally.

After start OSX run with Hi-resolution of monitor (1680x1050), enabled all functions QE, CI, GL.

after that: i'm getting stuck at the logon prompt, and i cannot login anymore !

someone got a solution ? :)

thx in advance!