ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

mine same as you...cannot login anymore....what should i do...aiioyoooooo

Meeee tooooo.....

I was trying everything....rm kext etc....

now we are trying again put everything from scratch

leohazard distro

Toshiba A300 1JH

our specs

I want to first thank you folks for making my life so much easier. I have just installed an ATI HD 2600 Pro pci-e 512mb card (dev id:9589) on my rig (specs below), and using your installer, it was a snap to get my card working 100%. So much nicer than getting my hands dirty in a text editor.

Well done lads!!!

ps: my card has two dvi ports and with this patch, I can use both ports and run the monitors in extended mode.

hey i got a ATI hd 2600 xt video card and it wont work with mac right before it goes on the log in screen it just turns white:( Can you help me how do you make work? thanks alot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah 10.6 package soon ;) I need something to allow QE/CI now that works on the hd 4550

LOL I'll downgrade or upgrade any which way just to get this video working :D

when package gonna be here or you given up ?

help us

terramir

Hey, I got the ATI Radeon 2400XT working on Snow Leopard with QE/CI. MAGIC! :(

Here is the post that I explain what I did:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230100

Great Stuff, this is should draw a lot of attention soon.

I am not interested in the ever increasing expensive synthetic hardware unless there is totally no hope.

I thank you for your attempts to let everyone know thanks again.

I will be trying this soon.

To put by cup beside.......maybe it will drop something inside.....

I am trying all sort of things to get my HD5550 (device id 0x68da) to work in snow leopard 10.6.4 with 64 bit boot.

Nothing is working... I do not have the resources to use xxAtiROMxx method...

It is relatively new card, so any tips are appreciated .

Okay, Slight problem.. Please forgive me for this post being rather short, but rapidly looking around the forums, google, etc. All help is highly appreciated!

I'm currently running on Version 10.5.6 (Leopard) and looking for support for my Radeon HD 4350. Will I have to upgrade to Snow Leopard to use it or is there currently no support for it at this moment in time?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, a quick edit - It's a PCI-E, not one of those on-board laptop things..

Please note this: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON SNOW LEOPARD NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, WISH, WANT, BEG AND BRIBE ME WITH SOMETHING IT SIMPLY DO NOT WORK WITH SNOW LEOPARD THE 10.5.X INSTALLERS

PS. ATI Radeon HD Mobility is not working its "SEMI WORKING! only external screen works on 2xxx series in Tiger & Leopard" for more questions i will redirect them to apple support ask them to add in the next revision of macbooks & pro's ATI Radeon HD 6870 mobility.

ATI Radeon HD Update: almost the last day in feb

CycloneFr has a mde a pkg for all 3870x2 users :D give big thanks to him

ATI Radeon HD 48xx WORKS NOW ! with 10.5.7 kexts and some other tweaks but seems to be a great thing

ATI is not dead yet ! :D

If anyone would like to get in direct contact with me you will find me in the #RadeonHD channel @ irc.osx86.hu server

Link for the installers untill have the first post fixed

Also Give thanks to Netkas, Eps, JaS, ParanoidDK (Paranoid) and all the testers in #RadeonHD channel :D

Snow Leopard Pkgs coming soon for 46xx & 4xxx

Mobity: 3650 test Download

Snow Leopard 10.6.x

ATI Radeon HD 43xx

ATI Radeon HD 46xx

ATI Radeon HD 48xx

NO Tiger support too old Pm if needed a pkg for Tiger

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro AGP

Device ID: 94c4

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pcie Series

Device ID: 94c1, 94c3

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP

Device ID: 9587

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP

Device ID: 9586

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Pcie

Device ID: 9589

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT pice

Device ID: 9588

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2900 Series

Device ID: 9400,9401,9402

Download

ATI Radeon HD 3450 & 3470 pcie

Device ID:

Coming soon

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pcie

Device ID: 9598

Download Intel

Download AMD

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

Device ID: 9596

Download

ATI Radeon HD 3690

Device ID: something

Coming soon...

ATI Radeon HD 3800 series

Device ID: 9501, 9505

Download

3850/3870 For all AMD users out there

Download

New ATI Radeon HD 3870x2

Device ID: something

Download

Dear Sir,

I had installed iatkos v7 10.5.7. I have ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro PCie ID=9589.

I have installed the package for ATI Radeon HD 2600Pro Pcie 10.5.6 from above list.

But I can't Get Max full resolution 1440X900x32. I can't get QE/CI Enable. It detects my ATI Card and showing with 512 Mb vram.

So how to get QE/CI and full resolution.

Thanks in Advance

Pradip

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hardworking guys. My post is all about ATI Radeon HD Mobility 3430 (ID:95c2)

I've read all the threads from top to bottom if I didn't miss a few posts. And I really didn't get if a few! people have this graphic card. because it's really hard to find any info or problem replies for that card. I see so much of 3450 or something. But why is 3430 so unlucky. 

And this is my question. How can I make QE/CI work for HD Mobility 3430. I've tried so many things but didn't work. I have no problem with native resolution or mouse cursor. I can handle them easily with the RadeonHD.kext. But to make some audio plug-ins work I need to fix QE/CI. And also Logic 9 needs it.

By the way, when installing Logic 9, it says i have 0 mb of VRAM. actually it is 256 mb VRAM which I can see on System Profiler. I've read about this problem too but I couldn't come to that action because of QE.

Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-NS21Z/S

Intel P8600 2.4 GHz

ATI Radeon HD Mobility 3430 256 mb

4 GB DDR2 RAM

L2: 3mb

OS X: 10.6.3 (iAtkos S3 v2) Snow Leopard

OS X: 10.5.6 (iDeneb v1.4) Leopard

and goes on...

I've tried all OS X which I've got. And nothing changed about QE/CI as expected.

And lastly, when I install 10.6.3, on System Profiler, there is no info about QE. I mean no display which is usually seen, Quartz Extreme : Not Supported.

I hope somebody has some ideas about ATI Radeon HD Mobility 3430. After 2 weeks day/night trials, I had to remove OS X. Because I need OS X just for Logic 9, Pro Tools 8, Waves Bundle v7 and bla bla.

Hope to see your replies guys.

Any news on the ATI Radeon HD2600 Mobility 9581, anyone?

With previous kexts and tinkering I had high resolutions selectable and working on VGA-out, no CI/QE though. Only basic low res support on the internal display... which is a shame. Keep seeing the garbled grey stripey patterned mess every time I try something new! :whistle: If anyone has CI/QE working on external VGA please direct me to your method!

Thanks again to lastExile!

Any news on the ATI Radeon HD2600 Mobility 9581, anyone?

With previous kexts and tinkering I had high resolutions selectable and working on VGA-out, no CI/QE though. Only basic low res support on the internal display... which is a shame. Keep seeing the garbled grey stripey patterned mess every time I try something new! :whistle: If anyone has CI/QE working on external VGA please direct me to your method!

Thanks again to lastExile!