ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi

I managed to install SL (10.6.3) on my Core i5 (Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 mainboard).

As my actual GPU (HIS RADEON 5850) did not work I tried it with an old HIS 3870. I could manage to get to work everything but Graphic Acceleration. Photoshop CS3 works like a charm and resolution is up to 1680x1050, but I can't get Aperture 3 to start "The installed graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for Aperture."

Is there any hope to get HD 3870 series to get to work correctly under SL(and if, how?) or I should I switch to another card (i'd spend up to a 100 EUR to get it work) ?

Another thought was to go for a HD4870 and sell the HD5850

I managed to install a vanilla SL from a Leopard I had installed, and in order to get my Radeon HD 4870 recognized correctly and with full graphics acceleration, all I needed to put onto /System/Library/Extensions was ATY_Init.kext, so I recommend you getting a HD 4870, it is pretty easy to have it working with Snow.

No the installer should work fine on any 10.5.x installs oh tho report back if it doesnt work and i will repack the pkg and correct it

Hi there, is this topic dead ??? I 'm looking for 4670 kext, the rapid share link for netKas ati 4x00 kext death, could somebody upload for me ( in mediafire ) please ? I installed 10.6.2 today and everything seem to work fine except the video card is recognized as 4890, QE/CI seem to be enabled but I can't switch to 1360x768 resolutions ( there are many other resolutions listed, tried SwitchResolutionX but failed ). Thanks for your patient reading and sorry for the broken english.

Hi there, is this topic dead ??? I 'm looking for 4670 kext, the rapid share link for netKas ati 4x00 kext death, could somebody upload for me ( in mediafire ) please ? I installed 10.6.2 today and everything seem to work fine except the video card is recognized as 4890, QE/CI seem to be enabled but I can't switch to 1360x768 resolutions ( there are many other resolutions listed, tried SwitchResolutionX but failed ). Thanks for your patient reading and sorry for the broken english.

No just the topic is on vacation atm :P

hello,

i'm trying to install a 3870x2 with snowleopard.

i know it's seem to be impossible but... with this method (from this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179247)

i get a full resolution working on a dualscreen config under osx10.6 :

INSTALL GRAPHIC DRIVER ATI X3870X2 (id 950f1002)

Install method is easy too, without natit´s, without manually patches, without all complications…J

Restart system in safe mode " in boot process press „F8“ and then „-x“.

System start in safe mode.

In DiskUtility repair disk permissions.

From /System/Library/Extensions delete all kexts name „ATI……..“ and „GeForce……..“, i specified !! ALL kexts !!

Install "ATI Radeon HD.pkg" ( www.mediafire.com/file/zlzmejzknmd ), restart in safe mode. ( me i didn't, i did this two steps in one time)

Now install „3870x2Leopard.pkg“, restart normally.

After start OSX run with Hi-resolution of monitor (1680x1050), enabled all functions QE, CI, GL.

after that: i'm getting stuck at the logon prompt, and i cannot login anymore !

someone got a solution ? :)

thx in advance!

mine same as you...cannot login anymore....what should i do...aiioyoooooo

I had problems with my HD 2400XT DevID: 0x94c1 , so many problems that i ditched OSX86, and installed ubuntu on my box.

I'm waiting for people to report back on 2400XT's, before i nuke my ubuntu and install OSX86 again, and try your pkg. But thanks for your effort lastExile! It looks like you and Netkas put a lot of work into this, so thumbs up from me.

have u drive for my ati mobility radeon HD 5470? Thx

hi,I would like to request for my " ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series " driver file for my Dell Studio 1535 laptop.

I install iPC 10.5.6 with base system and chose only PS2 support device option only.

I can't change resolution but default 1024*768.

Is that the highest resolution I can get?

I did choose any ATI driver as I can't fing for ATI 3400 series on the list.

please,help me,guys!

I am desperately need this.

thank.

hello people

For many months I try to enable the graphics card QE / CI, ati mobility 3450/3470, I needed your help, or is there some kext compatible with this card enabling the acceleration?. thanks

My ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP is working great under Leopard, but for some reason under SL when i launch the installer like in leopard, it appears to install correctly then on reboot i got a loop either in login window with not correct resolution or a boot loop and that's it, i used iATKOS S3 v2 with no Graphics selected upon install, any clue? Thanks in advance

Had anyone success with the 3870x2-driver? I tried to install the driver on a Dell XPS 630i running iDeneb 10.5.8, but there doesn't seem to be any effect at all.

And: Does the driver support both cores of the 3870x2?

I get full support of QE/CI with AGP 2400 hd with dvi vga and tv output and dual display.

My card: Powercolor Radeon HD 2400Pro AGP 256MB Version: 0x94c4

My system: Leopard 10.5.6 (retail, clean install)

How I do:

1/ Install of the ATI Radeon HD 2400Pro AGP 10.5.6 - 10.5.x.pkg

->QE/CI but only work with dvi-vga

Thanks lastExile.

2/TextEdit infoplist of natit.kext and change every occurence of Iago by Megalodon (in order to use this framebuffer)

->QE/CI with every outputs and dual display ok.

This solution is not complicated and works perfectly to me.