ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

hello all, ive scrolled thought this thread and it seems that the 3850 is NOT supported under SL 10.6.x? can someone please verify before i go ahead and buy a 4870.

i have been trying to install vanilla with my P55A-UD4P i7 system. everyting goes well except for the boot using a 3850HD...all i get is a gray screen after the apple logo. i can boot into -x and after adding my device id (9505) into the 3800.kext i am able to change resolutions in safe mode...

thanks!

• 1 month later...
is there anything new about hd3650 moblility radeon and snow leopard? Tnxz in advance

Hello, for full resulution in ATI HD 3650 PCIe (no QE/CI) , for me work in 10.6.5 all vanilla kexts, edit your ATIX38000.kext witch your device id and this can work. :)

Good Luck!!!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All :D

I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a week now to enable QE/CI and Resolution Switching in Leopard 10.5.8 with my Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI Version (0x94cc, NOT PCI-e!!!). After browsing endless forums and tutorials, I have determined that there are .kexts and support available for pretty much EVERY HD 2400 Pro model BESIDES the PCI version.

I have followed several tutorials and used countless kexts in order to get this working, and I'm about to throw in the towel. After I add my device ID to the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and reboot, all I get is a black screen with a purple and blue pattern. It seems that there is just no support at all for this specific device ID (0x94cc).

So my questions:

1) Has anyone ever actually gotten full QE/CI Support and Resolution Switching with this card?

2) If so, where can I find the correct steps and kexts to install in order to get mine working?!?

Thanks to all for any help I can get here, I can't imagine that the HD 2400 Pro ONLY works if it's AGP or PCI-e... I know this is kind of a dead issue (all posts I can find on the issue are years old...), but I'm fairly new to 'hackintosh' and would appreciate some instruction. Thanks!! :(

I can't say for sure, but long ago, when Quartz was a new technology in the OS, Apple specifically excluded PCI graphics cards because the PCI bus did not have the bandwidth. I'd be surprised if that has changed and any workaround will still run up against the same bandwidth limitations...

Patrick

I can't say for sure, but long ago, when Quartz was a new technology in the OS, Apple specifically excluded PCI graphics cards because the PCI bus did not have the bandwidth. I'd be surprised if that has changed and any workaround will still run up against the same bandwidth limitations...

Patrick

Thanks for the info. So if this is the case, would it be safe to say I'm pretty much never gonna get QE/CI with this system since I have no PCIe slots? It's a Dell Dimension 3000 (pretty dated), so I'm pretty much stuck with PCI :D

Would this also be the reason why I can't get resolutions working either? And is there any other information that I could provide that would be helpful?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks again, the information is much appreciated. I'm kinda late discovering this whole hackintosh community, if I'd have known I could put OSX on my PCs I would have given up Windows ages ago... LOL

Hello All:

I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a week now to enable QE/CI and Resolution Switching in Leopard 10.5.8 with my Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI Version (0x94cc, NOT PCI-e!!!). After browsing endless forums and tutorials, I have determined that there are .kexts and support available for pretty much EVERY HD 2400 Pro model BESIDES the PCI version.

I have followed several tutorials and used countless kexts in order to get this working, and I'm about to throw in the towel. After I add my device ID to the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and reboot, all I get is a black screen with a purple and blue pattern. It seems that there is just no support at all for this specific device ID (0x94cc).

So my questions:

1) Has anyone ever actually gotten full QE/CI Support and Resolution Switching with this card?

2) If so, where can I find the correct steps and kexts to install in order to get mine working?!?

Thanks to all for any help I can get here, I can't imagine that the HD 2400 Pro ONLY works if it's AGP or PCI-e... I know this is kind of a dead issue (all posts I can find on the issue are years old...), but I'm fairly new to 'hackintosh' and would appreciate some instruction. Thanks!!

Thanks for the info. So if this is the case, would it be safe to say I'm pretty much never gonna get QE/CI with this system since I have no PCIe slots? It's a Dell Dimension 3000 (pretty dated), so I'm pretty much stuck with PCI ;)

You know, when it's possible to build a functioning hackintosh for less than $300 bucks, I'm just not sure it's worth it banging your head against the wall trying to get this old equipment working.

Would this also be the reason why I can't get resolutions working either? And is there any other information that I could provide that would be helpful?

That'd be it. You're basically operating in Safe or VGA mode...

Good luck - I enjoy my hackintoshes, but I like this as a hobby. I'd never recommend to anyone that they're better than getting a real Mac.

Patrick

You know, when it's possible to build a functioning hackintosh for less than $300 bucks, I'm just not sure it's worth it banging your head against the wall trying to get this old equipment working.

That'd be it. You're basically operating in Safe or VGA mode...

Good luck - I enjoy my hackintoshes, but I like this as a hobby. I'd never recommend to anyone that they're better than getting a real Mac.

Patrick

...which would actually bring me to my next question, which isn't really for this thread but maybe you can point me in the right direction... I just bought an AMD Phenom II X6 with 8 gigs of RAM that I would MUCH rather use, but every time I try to boot from the install disk (iDeneb & iAtkos), I boot with '-v' and it gets past the scrolling text to the grey screen with a mouse and then an endless spinning wheel... I cannot get it to actually load the installer...

Any idea where I could get more help for that issue? Obviously this is not the place...

(thx again for your time :D )

Ati radeon HD 2300 M71.

Please tell me how can i install driver for my Ati radeon HD 2300 M71. I wait so long , so many year.

please help me.

there is a thread in this section that is for 2300 series but its not a ATI Radeon HD series its a x1xxx series if i remeber correct :guitar: but it suppose to work with the method posted in the other thread. :guitar:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
:unsure::blink::wacko::dev::(:(:(:(:(

I can tell you that the DeviceID is 95C4

Please tell me how can i install driver for my Ati radeon HD 4600 . I wait so long , so many year.

please help me.

MARIA

• 4 months later...

Ohai to all i will review and revision the installers in the coming days. I will also add more instructions for older and newer amd radeon hd cards since there are new ones working :D

Hi there. I have successfully installed Lion 10.7.2 on my rig, but I cannot make my ATI Radeon 2400 XT (0x94c1) work with resolution changing. Its stuck at an odd resolution.

Can anyone tell me what I can do? I'm well versed in hackintosh and kext-ing. I've tried adding my device ID to the current ATI2000 kext but it didn't change anything.

Please help. I dont want to buy a new card for this computer its just for my parents. Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...