ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

No the installer should work fine on any 10.5.x installs oh tho report back if it doesnt work and i will repack the pkg and correct it

hi I have 10.5.1 kalyway. i have saphire 3850hd 512mb. i used triakis method 2400/3800 installer. i got ci/qe etc but i have the white menu problem. i tried many ways but nothing. any ideas? i tried your method last_exile, but all i got was blue screen upon boot.

Does anyone have a reference to where to obtain the "Triakis_2400_2600_3800.pkg" and what method he is using? I haven't heard anything about a white menu issue. Not exactly sure exaxtly what you mean but it sounds like something I could live with.

Thanks!

hello Smile Man

i got the link to the Triakis installer form irc #RadeonHD, under topic, there are the url's to all the many .pkgs....they havea white menu fix too, but it didtn do nothing for my system. if you or anyone finds a workaround let me know please!

hi to all!

Is any chance that in 10.5.7 to have support for ati HD 3470?

Thank's!

from what i understand tha hd 34xx mobilitycards are diferent from desktop ones

they were waiting for another framebuffer to come, but what about desktop cards

the sad thing is that they don't give us any info.

i supose they're not working on this cards for the moment .i myself have been waiting a longtime for a kext for my hd 3450 with no luck. so you might be better off buying another card or... keep waiting :(

Hello all!

update!!

Did clean install of iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 on my system. After a lot of trial and error I was able to get it to install on my P4 system with 915chipset. AND my Saphire 3850HD 512MB fully works now!!! everything! qe/ci/roation! all i did was choose the ATI drivers from the iATKOS DVD!! after all the hassle, all I had to do was install form the DVD! ahahaha

thanks for all that helped!!

great work! and thx a lot,

I installed Mac with iPC 10.5.6, but I can't thurn QE/CI ON, I want to try your driver, god help me!.

but I can't visit mediafire, will you be so kind to give me another download link of driver below. thx.

ATI Radeon

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT pice

Device ID: 9588

Download

I'm assuming the 3450HD card that comes with my Dell Inspiron Desktop E530 is out of the question. I see it's been almost a year waiting for a driver. Oh well, 1024x768 guess you'll be my friend for just a little longer.

Hallo, i have a small question: DUAL HD4870 :-)

Would it be possible to update to 10.5.7 and then use two HD4870 with EFI Strings ? Or is there any reason why this could not work ? I ask, because on the apple homepage you can select 1-4 nVidia Cards for the Mac Pro, but only one HD4870.

Thank you very much!

Ok im kinda fed up waiting for mobility radeon 3470 drivers. How would i go about testing my card with efi strings/injecting into atiX2000 etc. I heard it gives blue screens on most computers, but I have also heard that Toshiba laptops, which mine happens to be, use a special LVDS connector that somehow send internal signal, therefore bypassing the blue screen issue. Any ideas how i can get started? Which framebuffer? How would i go about injecting it? Here is what i have so far:

DevID: 95c4

VendID: 1002

Core: RV620

Soon Mobile ATI 48XXX GPUs for notebooks - much better /compatible i think than Mobile 3XXX

ASUS shows first M48XX notebook on CEBIT germany.

("I´ll be back" - Arnold was also here :rolleyes: := )

Sorry its in german (CEBIT NEWS, maybe you get your native lang CEBIT news somewhere else)

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/Schnelle-No.../meldung/133914

Soon Mobile ATI 48XXX GPUs for notebooks - much better /compatible i think than Mobile 3XXX

As long as Apple won't put a radeon HD mobility in a Macbook or MB pro the problem will be the same, the framebuffer won't recognize internal display...

Another solution would be to hack the framebuffer, if it's possible...

Has anyone got the progrming capability, to write drivers for the 34XX series? If yes I think there shouldnt be problem to modify the drivers for 3650, or use some linux ones already made.

Did someone already try beta 10.5.7 kexts on desktop HD34XX ?

where can i get those?

i'll try them for sure

You can download the kexts and framework here

I edited natit and X2000 with 95C4, 95C5, 95C6, 95C9 and 95C0 ID

Install the kexts with kexthelper and put new OpenGL.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

Hope it will work

[EDIT] I think you must be in 10.5.6

[EDIT2] Here is another Natit which calls new FrameBuffer MotMot to load (still HD34XX)

Natit_HD34XX_MotMot.zip

LastExile :

Has the installer for ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP been updated lately or not ?

I am currently using the "last package before 2 days..", because nothing else works.

It is showed as 3600 series with QE.

If you did some testing (or anybody else) with combination with AGPGart I

will be very glad to know which version to use...

Another thing is OpenGL support, which is currently not supported.

Is it possible to enable it via OSX tools or the second way / third way ?

xcreen.tiff

Install the kexts with kexthelper and put new OpenGL.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

Hope it will work

thanks i'll try'em and report back in a while :D

well...it did not work .the kext loaded and gave me resolution change and quartz gl but no QE/CI and also a lot of artifacts so i rebooted and started with -x -f flags and now the artifact are gone

so now i will like to know how to boot normaly and get the resolution change and quartz gl but without the artifacts

i will test any other kext that you can give me thanks in advance

Hallo, i have a small question: DUAL HD4870 :-)

Would it be possible to update to 10.5.7 and then use two HD4870 with EFI Strings ? Or is there any reason why this could not work ? I ask, because on the apple homepage you can select 1-4 nVidia Cards for the Mac Pro, but only one HD4870.

I suspect the reason for the single HD4870 offered by Apple is the 300W limit on ALL PCIe bus power requirements in the Mac Pro.

Patrick

xcreen.tiff

thanks i'll try'em and report back in a while :thumbsup_anim:

well...it did not work .the kext loaded and gave me resolution change and quartz gl but no QE/CI and also a lot of artifacts so i rebooted and started with -x -f flags and now the artifact are gone

so now i will like to know how to boot normaly and get the resolution change and quartz gl but without the artifacts

i will test any other kext that you can give me thanks in advance

Try to delete your ID (95C51002) in info.plist of ATIX2000.kext or may be delete the whole kext, you may have resolution change (this is the good old method...)

[EDIT] I can see in your sign. you are in 10.5.5, may be it's the reason it doesn't work

Hope it will work

[EDIT] I think you must be in 10.5.6

does this mean that the 3450 might work in desktop? not mobility

and also will this mean it can work with 10.5.5

does this mean that the 3450 might work in desktop? not mobility

and also will this mean it can work with 10.5.5

well i can boot in safe mode but cant boot in normal boot the screen diffs everywhere much like what we sore when drivers were released for the intel 950