ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Try to delete your ID (95C51002) in info.plist of ATIX2000.kext or may be delete the whole kext, you may have resolution change (this is the good old method...)

[EDIT] I can see in your sign. you are in 10.5.5, may be it's the reason it doesn't work

i updated to 10.5.6 and reinstaled the kext and replaced theframework again but still the same problem :)

hello all

i got iATKOS 5i a looooong time ago in the buccaneer site ;-)

try looking there.

for further reference, what is the 3850HD and EFI string that is inside the iATKOS DVD? worked perfectly for me! might help others too

I think it can be done for mobility as well if someone skillfull got hold of the drivers like the man who is doing the project CAMHOR for the Intel Wifi. I bet someone like that or even him could play around with this.

We are not far, and I bet a lot of people using the 34XX series would try some kind of solutions for their video cards.

Maybe a good ide would be to start from some Linux ATI drivers and modify the for Osx86.

Just my two cents

I want to submit a question to the devs who made these, or anyone who can figure stuff out. Will ATI Radeon HD 3200 ever be supported? I have heard it is based on 2900.

there is a thread here for HP tx2500 users. We have everything but GPU working now. So I am here to beg anyone who can help to make our card work!

thanks!

I want to submit a question to the devs who made these, or anyone who can figure stuff out. Will ATI Radeon HD 3200 ever be supported? I have heard it is based on 2900.

there is a thread here for HP tx2500 users. We have everything but GPU working now. So I am here to beg anyone who can help to make our card work!

thanks!

Radeon HD mobility don't work on internal display and Radeon HD 3200 only has shared memory, so you surely won't make it work for the moment...

Incorrect. I am running a Toshiba P305 with that card. Ive been waiting for a long time now.

me running brandnew lenovo t400 with ATi mobility HD 3470. but no problem if there is no driver, I use the {censored}y win! better than minimum resulution.

[EDIT2] Here is another Natit which calls new FrameBuffer MotMot to load (still HD34XX)

Natit_HD34XX_MotMot.zip

hi first of all, thanks boombeng for the help you are giving !

and well... it did not work either,i installed along with the framework and the other kext form the other pakage(all but natit) and after that all i get is a black screen, it flashes the dock and then goes totally black. if i boot into safe mode or -f flag all i get is a spining wheel that last forever :unsure: .

maybe i did something wrong. should i try with a fresh install?

hi.. i have a ATI radeon 3650 HD... i download the beta test on the 1st page, but it has made no difference.

the link further down the page which says intel download for 3650 HD crashed my kernel on startup everytime. Does anyone know how to change the resolution and make the graphics card work so that the picture is clearer and finer.

if anyone know this then please help

thanks.

p.s i have a dell studio 1737, i am using 10.5.6 ideneb with voodoo kernel.

Hello, I`ve got Toshiba A3001EG and that means HD 3470, is there something I could try to use? because the {censored} 1024x768 drives me mad. All I want is a correct resolution, I mean correct ratio, I don`t have any other special claims...

Thank You very very much!!!!

Hello, I`ve got Toshiba A3001EG and that means HD 3470, is there something I could try to use? because the {censored} 1024x768 drives me mad. All I want is a correct resolution, I mean correct ratio, I don`t have any other special claims...

Thank You very very much!!!!

Because you have a Toshiba A300 you will may be able to have Resolution change if you only install Natit from here but no QE/CI

Because you have a Toshiba A300 you will may be able to have Resolution change if you only install Natit from here but no QE/CI

Hi mate! :( Do you know is there any chance to run on Sony VAIO FW series (FW21E) . When i try the NATIT i've got black flicking screen (some kind of big lines) ... I want to change the resulution only i will be happy with this till the real thing :D I've got 130 score on xbench without video :D

Do you know is there any chance to run on Sony VAIO FW series (FW21E) . When i try the NATIT i've got black flicking screen (some kind of big lines)

Well, your flicking screen seems to mean no chance for the moment on Sony VAIO FW series (FW21E) like many other laptops...

Well, your flicking screen seems to mean no chance for the moment on Sony VAIO FW series (FW21E) like many other laptops...

:/ damn.. why nobody is workin on this driver it seems a lot of people are using this video ... i am a bit sick of waiting(4months)... i am ready to pay 100-150$ for the driver...i know it's not huge money but that's what i've got ...

I would also consider a donation for the driver.

And I bet a lot of other users would too, becasuse a lot of people have the HD3470 mobility series

Anyway a good idea would be to establish a site for this driver.

Someone skillful should take grip of it.

Maybe something like (maybe the same person could do it) as project CAMPHOR for the intel wireless:

http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

then a lot of people would have fully functional notebooks, with great performance.

for all users of 3870x2 check first page and report back either here or in the #RadeonHD channel kthx

Yoo! It's not my card but congrats for the driver ! It's nice to see that someone is working on the project because i tought it's dead :D

Keep the good work ! :)

Hi lastExile,

I'm after a little advice please. I've spent weeks going crazy trying to get my two Gigabyte ATI HD 2600XT 256MB cards (9588) working in my Hackintosh but no matter what I do, I get a black/purple garbled screen. Any ideas how to resolve this? I've searched everywhere and tried pretty much everything. I've tried your installer as listed here...I thought this would be my Holy Grail, but alas, no luck!

This is my setup...

Retail Boxed Leopard 10.5.4 - applied upgrade to 10.5.6

ASUS P5WD2-E Premium Mobo

Intel Pentium D940 - so using Voodoo 9.5 Kernel - is this correct?

2 x Gigabyte ATI HD 2600XT 256MB (9588)

2 x Samsung 17" Displays

1 x Samsung 20" Display

8GB OCZ Platinum RAM

Belking 54G wireless card

Various Seagate 7200 RPM SATA hard drives

Bluetooth dongle

3 port Firewire card

Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

I'd had it running using an old version of Kalyway with only two displays available to me and it ran very smoothly - no problems in Cubase or Reason, etc, but I thought I'd go "legit", get a real copy of Leopard and try and get all three displays working, connected to the two graphics cards.

I thought these graphics cards would work out of the box, considering that they were stock with some older Macs. I looked at seeing if I could hack the BIOS/Firmware on them to be recognised as the Mac versions, but didn't have any luck.

The system works when I remove the ATI2000 related kexts, but I'm left at 1024x768 with one screen. Otherwise it's safe mode for me.

I don't want to upgrade my mobo/proc if I can help it - nor do I want to replace my graphics cards, but the last thing I want to do is go back to Windows!!!

Edited by DragonBridge

for all users of 3870x2 check first page and report back either here or in the #RadeonHD channel kthx

It works (including Quartz Extreme). Thanks. Sleep still doesn't work in my system but I am not sure if this has anything to do with the ATI drivers.

Hi LastExile and friends,

I just put in a Sapphire HD 3850 512MB DDR3 PCIe card. Installed the "HD 3800 Series" pkg installer, but it doesn't seem to work. When I boot up, it shows the Apple logo for a few seconds, then the infamous gray restart screen. Seems like a lot of you guys have had that issue. Any fix for that yet? I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. Thanks!