ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I used Triakis, the method ..after installing the Triakis_2400_2600_3800.pkg from #RadeonHD channel on irc EVEYTHING WORKED!! i had resolution change, qe/ci etc. next i tried installing the white menu fix, and ...back to square one sad.gif

upon bootup i got blue screen.

now, i am able to boot using -x and it takes me to desktop.

i found 'another' white menu fix and it takes me to desktop etc i have qw/ci/opegl but i still have the dissapearing/white menus on the finder. also games look 'wrong' like the colors are off and pink..any help?

I used Triakis, the method ..after installing the Triakis_2400_2600_3800.pkg from #RadeonHD channel on irc EVEYTHING WORKED!! i had resolution change, qe/ci etc. next i tried installing the white menu fix, and ...back to square one sad.gif

upon bootup i got blue screen.

now, i am able to boot using -x and it takes me to desktop.

i found 'another' white menu fix and it takes me to desktop etc i have qw/ci/opegl but i still have the dissapearing/white menus on the finder. also games look 'wrong' like the colors are off and pink..any help?

Does anyone have a reference to where to obtain the "Triakis_2400_2600_3800.pkg" and what method he is using? I haven't heard anything about a white menu issue. Not exactly sure exaxtly what you mean but it sounds like something I could live with.

Thanks!

I have a low profile ati 2400XT with dual DVI. I am using DVI to HDMI cable. I cannot get this driver to work. I install using supplied 2400XT package and then I have to modify and install the ATIRadeonX2000.kext file to add my device ID and install it with OSx86 Tools. On restart I do "-v -f". When I restart I get a screen that is mostly black with a spare bit of colored pixels. If I mode the mouse around the colors change. If I hold down the power button to force the machine to shutoff, as soon as I press the power the display changes into something where you can sort of see icons in a weried effect(You can see the top half of an icon then another part of the desktop. It is really hard to explain.)

Any Ideas?

I have this very same issue, and am using the dual VGA cables with same card. Really hoping someone can help. I've already tried flashing the bios on the card and couldn't get the bios to restore, so I had Dell send me a new one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this.

hey guys/gals,

I just rebuilt my one system with iPC 10.5.6 final and i'm having issues with my Saphire 3650HD. The driver with iPC gets me into the desktop but no QE. I tried the driver for intel 3650 off first post on this thread and it just breaks the display. colors and black strips across both monitors with the driver. how can i get QE enabled with 10.5.6?

MB : EP35-DS4

CPU : Q6600

Video : Saphire ATI 3650 HD

photo is the iPC packaged driver.

oh my... i was so exited when i saw the first post updated,but after scrolling down a bit ,under 3450pcie i saw coming soon :)

i've been waiting for almost a year now.

i'm ready to commit suicide now...hahaha just kidding

i guess i'll just get an nvidia card or maybe the hd4800 :D

thanks lastexile keep up the good work! :D

I know i sound like a broken record, but how far are we from Mobility 3470 HD getting qe/ci and full resolution (1440x900)? I would gladly test anything, qe/ci is really a must. If I can do anything to help (no unfortunatly I am not a programmer), please let me know. Gfx and wifi are the only things left to get working.

Hey Last Exile, First of all, thank you for the package!!! I've been looking at 1024x768 for so long that I started to think that's how it was SUPPOSED to look!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a hd2400 pro pcie (94c3) card with a dvi-vga adapter. I installed the package on a 10.5.2 machine and was able to change the resolution. It says Core Image has software support, but not hardware. QE is not working at all. And when I go to install Final Cut Pro, it still tells me that the card has 0 MB of VRAM, so I can't install. Can someone help me, please?

Is there a step that I'm missing? Thank you in advance for your advice, everyone.

-lijay1

Wow! the Mobility Radeon HD3470 group is growing hehe. i believe we are the one's using sony vaio FW series? i stand corrected if not.

anyway, all i can do is provide moral support for lastexile and his team!

keep up to good work guys!

You're right, FW160 here.

Wow! the Mobility Radeon HD3470 group is growing hehe. i believe we are the one's using sony vaio FW series? i stand corrected if not.

anyway, all i can do is provide moral support for lastexile and his team!

keep up to good work guys!

Incorrect. I am running a Toshiba P305 with that card. Ive been waiting for a long time now.

I have the fw-11zu (vaio)

ATI hd 3650 MOBILITY.

I tried all drivers, but nothing works.

I can try another.

PS: I am looking for 2 files for sound for FW series (ALCinject et AppleHDA)

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2E00&REV_1003

I built my codec via linux, but the mic is not detected.

thx