ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

;) I've tried to install it on my Studio 1737 , but no success, after installing mobility test 1 , nothing has changed, after installing test 2, I got the blue screen , and that's it ! Now I'm going to try ATI x2000 source version 53410 plus natit for HD3650.pkg.zip

p.s. The Mobility test Radeon package is only for Toshiba Laptops I believe ?!

Hi K-Gun

Please share the method and files needed to Flash the 2400XT to a 2400Pro ?

I will then also be able to test the new posted drivers out.

Thanx

Vince

Glad to say this is WORKING on my 2400 Pro

I've got iAtkos 2.0i 10.5.2

Vanilla 9.2.0 kernel

Didn't install any vid drivers upon install

My card is actually an HD 2400 XT but I flashed the BIOS with that of a 2400 Pro in an attempt to get it working with another driver. I rm'd ALL filed beginning with ATIR* in /system/library/extensions and ran the pkg installer above, rebooted and now I've got a nice display and QE/CI are enabled. I'm using the DVI->VGA adapter.

I'll try the DVU alone in a bit.I'll also flash my vid card bios back with the original to see if this works with the XT also.

[edit]

Upon re-flashing with my old 2400 XT bios and re-installing 2400 XT drivers from pkg installer, I get a garbled screen on bootup. I'm sticking with the 2400 Pro bios and drivers.

Hey guys,

Well first off: I have been searching for a bloody long time....if i have missed it, i am sorry :(

Ok,so i have got a HD 2900 GT with a dev. id of 9405.

I have managed to get the resolution working fine but no Qe/Ci support.

On a previous post from last year there was a link to a (test) driver for the gt with 9405, but unfortunately the link is down. Maybe if someone could reupload it or Help me solve my Problem, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Super-schaf :)

EDIT: That QE enabler thingy doesn't work...it's for tiger only

first of all...thanks for your BIG effort in making these driver packages...

my card is ATI Raedon HD 2600 pro pci-e & the device ID is [9581] not [9589] as the package in

the first page....

i installed the package...after installation i reboot my system.................

on startup this screen appears

image314.th.jpg

i restart...nothing...same message appears....

plz help

Very wait driver for radeon HD3450... :huh:

Who know how long wait?

thx

a year or something :D The the developer need to write a new framebuffer for the 3450/70. So it's really a lot of work so you better buy a new video card or buy a real mac :D

a year or something :) The the developer need to write a new framebuffer for the 3450/70. So it's really a lot of work so you better buy a new video card or buy a real mac :)

its notebook Dell studio 1537 :)

wait driver.... :)

Hi everyone...

I've been hard at work and so far I've gotten my OS up to 10.5.5. I have an Intel G33 chipset and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 3650 (NOT mobility!). Hardware ID 0x09598 . I've tried all of the installers on this thread and some others as well. With the installers from this thread, I boot up and get the black and white squares. I can boot into safe mode, but then it gives me an error saying ATIN ...something ...Megaladon.kext has been installed incorrectly. I have made backups of my Extensions folder so I can easily restore it to before the install. I've tried using both the VGA and DVI ports on the back with no luck. I'm stuck here at 1024x768 ! PLEASE!!! Can someone spell it out for me? The only results I get are success stories from other people! Help!

post-400635-1238261744_thumb.png

Hi everyone...

I've been hard at work and so far I've gotten my OS up to 10.5.5. I have an Intel G33 chipset and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 3650 (NOT mobility!). Hardware ID 0x09598 . I've tried all of the installers on this thread and some others as well. With the installers from this thread, I boot up and get the black and white squares. I can boot into safe mode, but then it gives me an error saying ATIN ...something ...Megaladon.kext has been installed incorrectly. I have made backups of my Extensions folder so I can easily restore it to before the install. I've tried using both the VGA and DVI ports on the back with no luck. I'm stuck here at 1024x768 ! PLEASE!!! Can someone spell it out for me? The only results I get are success stories from other people! Help!

How are you installing it? Usually when you get that message it hasn't been installed correctly and the permissions are wrong. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Patrick

How are you installing it? Usually when you get that message it hasn't been installed correctly and the permissions are wrong. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Patrick

I tried changing the permissions using the sudo chmod -R 755 and the sudo chown -R root:wheel commands, then erasing the Extensions.kext file. I have just now finished restoring my OS back, so I will try a fresh install with the installer on this thread. The ATI Radeon HD 3650 Intel installer.

Am I setting the permissions wrong? Should I use the bootup disk and repair the permissions using the disk utility?

OK, so, no luck this time around. I did the installer. When it was finished, BEFORE hitting the restart button, I deleted Extensions.kext for poops and giggles... :/ Then, I restarted it (BTW, off topic, but it always hangs when I reboot. Can't find a solution to that either). After the restart, nothing. I used the boot disk Kalyway 10.5.2 and used the disk manager to repair permissions. After that, nothing. When I boot into safe mode, I get this error. "System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/Plugins/ATY_Megaladon.kext" was not installed properly. Any suggestions?

Hello, I've got my HD2600XT (ID 9588) working now, but now comes the HD2600XT firmware update. It is safe to install or should I skip it? I'm using 10.5.3 and 10.5.6.

@LastExile: Do you want to reopen this thread in our infinitemac forum? We're not so big as insanelymac and this thread has become rather long.