ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Because you have a Toshiba A300 you will may be able to have Resolution change if you only install Natit from here but no QE/CI

Thank You.

I downloaded it and as I terribly don't understand Mac OS, I copied some files to system folder and found some orders to write in terminal on the internet and then restarted, now I can't load the system, but who cares... I'll reinstall it when I've got time... :)

Thank You.

I downloaded it and as I terribly don't understand Mac OS, I copied some files to system folder and found some orders to write in terminal on the internet and then restarted, now I can't load the system, but who cares... I'll reinstall it when I've got time... :)

install them with kexthelper (just drag and drop)

no luck bommbeng! but now i have my tv recognized, here some screenshots '

Edit>>> :( what a moron i didn't show my graphics on sys profiler sorry ,here it is

Dont tell me there isnt a way to edit this to work with mobility. I think if you fuse the 3400 driver and the 3650 mobility test driver, we must have a test 3470.

God help us.

no luck bommbeng! but now i have my tv recognized, here some screenshots '

Edit>>> :D what a moron i didn't show my graphics on sys profiler sorry ,here it is

Dont tell me that if we dont fuse the 3400 and the mobility 3650 test driver together we wont have 3470 mobility test driver!!!

Please! Just to change resolution.

Dont tell me that if we dont fuse the 3400 and the mobility 3650 test driver together we wont have 3470 mobility test driver!!!

Please! Just to change resolution.

somorastik, asking the same question twice a day won't lead nowhere, if you take time to read threads you will see there are 2 different issues with mobility HD34x0 aka 95C4 :

1 > Because Apple has never put Radeon HD mobility in a Macbook or MBP, there is no framebuffer that can send signal properly to internal display (except on some lucky Toshiba with special connector etc...) and that is an issue for all mobility radeon HD, not only for HD34x0

2 > The HD34x0 mobility or non mobility are not supported by drivers for QE/CI (whereas HD36x0 are supported), but let's see what 10.5.7 will bring us because there is still an openGL engine prototype for RV620 (HD34x0) in 10.5.7 beta kexts but it doesn't work for the moment (see SL7VEN tests), even if it wouldn't be logical at all to work with 10.5.7

So, if you have 10.5.6 and ATIRNDRV.kext in S/L/E try this Natit, and if you have a lucky Toshiba laptop you will be able to change resolution, if not you will have a blue screen or other scramble one

Natit_3450_Mobility.zip

Hi Boomberg, thanks for the reply, and Im sorry to ask so much questions, I just havent had an idea what is all behind the drivers for these cards.

I have a toshiba A300 hope the natit wil work for me.

Once again sorry.

somorastik, asking the same question twice a day won't lead nowhere, if you take time to read threads you will see there are 2 different issues with mobility HD34x0 aka 95C4 :

1 > Because Apple has never put Radeon HD mobility in a Macbook or MBP, there is no framebuffer that can send signal properly to internal display (except on some lucky Toshiba with special connector etc...) and that is an issue for all mobility radeon HD, not only for HD34x0

2 > The HD34x0 mobility or non mobility are not supported by drivers for QE/CI (whereas HD36x0 are supported), but let's see what 10.5.7 will bring us because there is still an openGL engine prototype for RV620 (HD34x0) in 10.5.7 beta kexts but it doesn't work for the moment (see SL7VEN tests), even if it wouldn't be logical at all to work with 10.5.7

So, if you have 10.5.6 and ATIRNDRV.kext in S/L/E try this Natit, and if you have a lucky Toshiba laptop you will be able to change resolution, if not you will have a blue screen or other scramble one

Hi all

I am really frustrated with my HD 2400 XT, 1024 display only.

I have tested with some distributions, and methods but I have nothing, a 22'' and a 23'' monitor with the poor 1024 resolution.

In the notebook with the Intel GMA X3100 I can get notebook 1280 and external 22'' or 23'' monitors with their perfect resolution, it changes automatically and I can change position of external with "Displays options".

But the DELL Inspiron 530s HD 2400 XT is a mistery, and after read near to 100 forum pages and reinstall near to 8 times, I post this to find directly help, (I thought that I can resolve the problem and not disturb, but I can't).

My DELL specs are the following

OSX86 iDeneb 1,4 - 10.5.6, (I have tried with iDeneb 1.3, iPC 10.5.6, iATHKOS)

MacOSX in Partition Journaled HFS+

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3 GHz

Start ROM MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410 (Apple Inc.)

HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N: ATAPI C108

ATI RADEON HD 2400 XT; ATI (0x1002) - 0x94c1 - 0x0000

I am making an Image disk now, because I am tired of reinstalling a setting up things than I can make work, but if I can't make ATI works, I think I will have to back to Windows, customers and work doesn't let me lost more time.

Please, anyone can help me.

Thanks all

Hi,

I have Ati HD3650 512mb from His and my friend has the same card from Asus.

As you can see it works fine:

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

But we both have problem with sleep.

- screen saver starts

- when monitor should turn off image just freeze and that all. It doesn't realy turn off.

- when you move your mouse to hot corner to turn of monitor - nothing happened just mouse pointer disapiar and screen freeze.

- When you select sleep from menu, PC goes to sleep, when you move mouse it turn on but monitor stays black.

Is there are anybody who has such video card that goes to sleep correctly?

My specs:

MB: GA-p965-s3

Video: HIS radeon HD 3650 512MB

Lan: on-board

Sound: on-board

monitor: HP 2475w

Mac OS: iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5)

My friends Pc:

MB: GA-EP43-s3l

Video: Asus Silent Magic HD 3650 512MB

monitor: Dell 2007WFP

Mac OS: iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6)

Hi!

I have tried Natit on my Sony FW-11ZU (ATI Mobility 3650) but I am not able to change the resolution yet.

I can test everything if you want...

THx

Hi LastExile and friends,

I just put in a Sapphire HD 3850 512MB DDR3 PCIe card. Installed the "HD 3800 Series" pkg installer, but it doesn't seem to work. When I boot up, it shows the Apple logo for a few seconds, then the infamous gray restart screen. Seems like a lot of you guys have had that issue. Any fix for that yet? I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. Thanks!

hello!

i was having that problem and others with my saphire 3850hd. what system are u using? i tried first with kalyway 10.5.1. no go, had lots of issues. then i just installed iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 clean install, and checked the ati 3850hd drivers and ati efi strings from the dvd. and VOILA all is good with my 3850hd. great card, i can even run Call of Duty 4 at decent speeds!

My first attempt at installing iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 I used the included HD 3800 kexts and it left me with a bootable system with nothing but a black screen. Installing no video drivers and then these packages give me fast and reliable everything so thanks for all you've given us ATI losers. Someone needs to make these pkg files the de-facto standard for all releases.

I am new to OSX86. I have HD 3650 PCIE display card (devid: 9598) and downloaded the latest version to support my 10.5.6 ideneb v1.4.

But after reboot it just hang with the scramble pixels after the white apple screen.

Reboot with safe mode give me the following message:

System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/Plugins/ATY_Megalodon.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

But I am able to see the ATI Radeon HD 3650 in the System Profile...... with only 1024 x 768 mode supported.

I really need someone's help.

By the way, what's should I do before or after installing the driver? And what's Natit ? I just found it somehow related to the display driver. Is it conflict with my installed driver?

Hi,

I have Ati HD3650 512mb from His and my friend has the same card from Asus.

As you can see it works fine:

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

But we both have problem with sleep.

- screen saver starts

- when monitor should turn off image just freeze and that all. It doesn't realy turn off.

- when you move your mouse to hot corner to turn of monitor - nothing happened just mouse pointer disapiar and screen freeze.

- When you select sleep from menu, PC goes to sleep, when you move mouse it turn on but monitor stays black.

Is there are anybody who has such video card that goes to sleep correctly?

My specs:

MB: GA-p965-s3

Video: HIS radeon HD 3650 512MB

monitor: HP 2475w

Mac OS: iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5)

My friends Pc:

MB: GA-EP43-s3l

Video: Asus Silent Magic HD 3650 512MB

monitor: Dell 2007WFP

Mac OS: iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6)

what driver are you using? pls post link

LastExile do you have an eta for the 3450 and 3650 drivers?

+1

I currently have my ASUS HD 3650 512 MB PCIe silent (0x9598) (not Mobility!) working on my iPC 10.5.6 (vanilla kernel) with the old driver posted here. BUT I have two nagging issues with my card:

1. While I got my standard TFT working via DVI connected to the secondary DVI out of my HD 3650 (primary DVI out remains black), I cannot get my 40" Sony TV (connected via DVI to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable) to work, neither on the primary nor on the secondary DVI out. Although when setting graphics properties OS X correctly identifies the second screen as SONY TV, but the screen remains black.

2. My TFT won't sleep! Instead of going into standby after 10 minutes, the image will freeze and the TFT remains full on. If I then move my mouse, the pictures "defreezes" and everything runs smoothly again.

LastExile, your help with these issues would be highly appreciated!

First off, I just want to say Thank You!! I have a VisionTek HD 2400 Pro (0x94c3), using a ViewSonic (VX2835wm) 28inch monitor with a VGA (only option) cable. 10.5.6 auto detects up to 1900 X 1200 but the refresh rate is 59.9Hz and the screen jumps a little, makes me kind of dizzy. I can still see but the screen moves too much in the background. Now if I knock it down to about 1600 X 1200 (60hz) then it is fine, but the screen is squeezed slightly and the text is not crisp. Can I force the refresh rate to 60hz in my boot with 1900 X 1200 and safely run? Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!