ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

@last exile

i'm not sure if the great drivers you are working on did/will include any HD Mobility compatible cards.

don't see this question as a request, i just want to know, if this topic is relevant for Mobility users or not.

thanks for a short reply and merry chrismas to you and all helpers,

Gekko =)

@last exile

i'm not sure if the great drivers you are working on did/will include any HD Mobility compatible cards.

don't see this question as a request, i just want to know, if this topic is relevant for Mobility users or not.

thanks for a short reply and merry chrismas to you and all helpers,

Gekko =)

This thread pertains to ATi Cards in General and in due time there will be a mobility driver if possible. I am working on the mobility 3450 and I know LastExile has one at his disposal to try and get working also.....

To ridgeline and lastExile (RE: 3450 Mobility)

I can not tell you guys, how much I appreciate your work!!!

Please setup a PayPal account. I will contribute my part to the project.

I own 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 (1440x900).

The LCD screen has the same pixel density (pitch) as 15" Laptop LCD with 1680x1024.

MAC OS small fonts look very crisp and readable on it and I like it a lot.

I would buy this type of hardware from Apple in a heartbeat, but it seems to me

It is not gonna happen in my lifetime..

Regards,

Is is possible to use 10.5.5 and a 2600XT? You guys haven't updated 2600XT in a long time... is it because its not needed?

Is following mcsmarts guide possible?

Don´t try the "Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here" from the first post, it will give you a white screen.

I am waiting too, no EFI string yet either.

Don´t try the "Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here" from the first post, it will give you a white screen.

I am waiting too, no EFI string yet either.

The method of el_rocje at page 43 of this topic works fine also with 2600 pro and xt in 10.5.5.

Giorgio

After update to 10.5.6 i have no hardware acceleration anymore. I tried different kexts, but didn`t get it working for now. Also there are only 256mb instead of 512mb.

you need to add the device id into the info.plist of ATIRadeonx2000.kext and repair or reinstall the kext with kext helper

you need to add the device id into the info.plist of ATIRadeonx2000.kext and repair or reinstall the kext with kext helper

Perfect, it works, and thanks for help! (I saw it afterwards :) at page 43 how to do it.) I just have 256mb vram now instead of 512, i will have a check on this right now.

Thanks again! ;)

Hello,

After day's of trying old pkg's an manually installing non-working kext (ideneb 1.3), trying to install my Sapphire Radeon HD3850 256MB, I tried your 'beta' package and it works GREAT!!.

Tried it on a 'dirty' install (just threw away all the ati* kexts) and it worked: fullHD res with my Benq E2200HDA! QE and CI!

Thank you very much, and happy hollidays!

Tim

Any news on enabling QE for ATI 3450 (PCI-E) ?

I tried the instructions in the following thread and it didn't help. I get to a blank light blue screen upon booting and it doesn't get anywhere. My device id is 0x95C5 and it appears in the LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext also. I have posted the console log in that thread as well.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132491

Any help to enable QE on the ATI HD 3450 would be deeply appreciated.

Hi! Is it possible to make 2600 HD (9589) to work with Qe/ci? I am thinking to update to 10.5.6. The previous "ATI Radeon HD - 10.5.x - 10.5.5 kexts" works perfectly for me now on 10.5.5 that I can even play games without problems like Spore. I would like to retain this possibility after updating.

Hi! Is it possible to make 2600 HD (9589) to work with Qe/ci? I am thinking to update to 10.5.6. The previous "ATI Radeon HD - 10.5.x - 10.5.5 kexts" works perfectly for me now on 10.5.5 that I can even play games without problems like Spore. I would like to retain this possibility after updating.

I updated to 10.5.6, added Device ID as described from lastExile himself above on this page (or on page 43 el_rocje), and my hd2600pro works perfect (i also play a little bit FlatOut 2)!

Hi,

try to run 'old' 10.4.4 on a AMD 64 3000+, 512MB Ram, ASUS MB and ATI Radeon 9250 AGP or ATI HD3650 AGP. Which packages should I install to get the best performance and possibilities with these cards ?

SystemV

Simple answer: 10.4.4. No it wont work you have to have leopard for the 3650 AGP no support in tiger :D now it if it was 2600 series of AGP then yes