ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

here is a question for any 34xx users how hot does the card get ? the card im testing with is very hot without a side fan or something

a clear not-hot here:

have a 3470 HD inside a Sony Vaio VGN-FW11E, even playing games (Fallout 3) in vista does no significant heating the internal fans couldn't reduce.

Greetz,

Gekko

I had realized that soon... A working driver would be a great step for this notebook! Thanks!

Is there a connection between the not working graphic driver and

1. A Studio15 getting very, very warm.

2. Not working sleep ?

Which of those facts could be solved right away?

If there are solutions, could you give me a link to the posts? I already have spend a long time to find information about those, without success...

Thanks a lot

I have a Dell Studio 1535. MacosX 10.5.5...

Okay first of all here is a link that should help you with most of your issues and I and LastExile are still trying to get the video working.

Link

The sonotone dell installer will cure your heat issues. Only install the power management package from it and repair permissions and reboot..... should help

I have not worried about sleep too much as I would like to get everything else running first however I do believe that the issues we have with that are card related.

ati 2600xt sleep wake working for you?

currently stopped bangging my head, and put good old 7300gs back in,

please let me know, PM me,...

would be nice, I'll give it another go, otherwise, I have to sell it,

do need the sleep/wake, due small room. thanks

Now you have QE/CI avctivated. (I don't understand what is your problem).

Have your monitor VGA or DVI input?

Giorgio...It shows that QE/CI have been activated but I am not getting the effects (i.e. the wave like motion on the task bar). My monitor and graphics card have both DVI and VGA. When connected with DVI cable the monitor is black. I am currently using a VGA cable and connectors. This is the last hurdle I have to have a fully functioning system. If it helps I used the iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 release for the install and everything else is working great.

Giorgio...It shows that QE/CI have been activated but I am not getting the effects (i.e. the wave like motion on the task bar). My monitor and graphics card have both DVI and VGA. When connected with DVI cable the monitor is black. I am currently using a VGA cable and connectors. This is the last hurdle I have to have a fully functioning system. If it helps I used the iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 release for the install and everything else is working great.

1) To activate the wave with the motion (magnification) in taskbar open System Preference open Dock and select "magnification" (the magnification of taskbar is not an effect of Core Image and Quartz Extreme: to verify if Quartz Eztreme is OK install Toast Titanium 9: if works Quartz Extreme is active)

2) DVI output don't works with ATI 2400 in Leopard. This is a common problem, I can't solve. Sorry. The DVI output is NOT related to CE/QI.

1) To activate the wave with the motion (magnification) in taskbar open System Preference open Dock and select "magnification" (the magnification of taskbar is not an effect of Core Image and Quartz Extreme: to verify if Quartz Eztreme is OK install Toast Titanium 9: if works Quartz Extreme is active)

2) DVI output don't works with ATI 2400 in Leopard. This is a common problem, I can't solve. Sorry. The DVI output is NOT related to CE/QI.

Thank you very much for your help. It was your post back on page 53 that got me up and running with the 2400 Pro. I will enable magnification when I get home tonight. I am using the VGA port and there is not a noticeable difference as far as I can tell...no big deal. Thanks again!

Well in the event we don't get it working there are supposed to be more graphic drivers in the next update 10.5.6 and the build will be 9G38. At least based on the beta release notes.

Please note new Beta package is not 9g38 but 9g52

here is a question for any 34xx users how hot does the card get ? the card im testing with is very hot without a side fan or something

I have a new Asus EAH3450 with passive heatsink. It gets really hot to the touch, this is just the basic low res mode. I followed another post to get 1920x1200 working with this card. Let me know if you need help testing.

Hello!

I got my ATI HD 2400 Pro (0x94c3) working with DVI and dual screen with the following methode as described here:

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now) and EFIStudio. (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Reboot

3) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" put "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 - 256MB (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

5) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over): if the 2 values are equal skip this step

6) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" (4x) string occurrence with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" (2x) string with "MegalodonParent" string

7) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 PRO Prod.ID and Ven.ID (not directly, put the kext on Desktop, change device id, save it and install with kexthelper) (I use 0x94c31002).

10) Reboot with flags -v -f

CI/QE should now be enabled and DVI

The problem I have is that sometimes I got problems when my computer is connected with DVI, that my

screen (Samsung SyncMaster 2032MW) goes black for a couple of seconds and then everything is alright.

In a couple of minutes (let's say 15) it goes black for 7 times. What I have discoverd is, that when I start

my computer with the flags -v -f everything related with my DVI is gone. Everything is alright!

I have tried to swap the EFI string Megalodon with another (Lamna, Iago) but only the Megalodon

works and give me DVI output.

My question for you guys is, how it is possible that only when I use flags -v -f, that there are no problems with DVI.

Edit: it seems sometimes I still have a black sceen also if i use flags -v -f. What could solve the problem?

Thanks.. Thanks.. Thanks..

I installed the ATI Radeon HD - 10.5.x - 10.5.5 kexts for my HD3870

I haven't tried both DVI ports, but as far as i can tell, everything is working flawlessly!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

good to hear :P

Hi lastExil.

I'm fascinated by your commitment developping new drivers or kext for us. By the way i will wait as if your driver for ATI 3470 Series ( Mobility ) will be released. But can you give us a sneak preview of your development ? It would be so beautiful if i could install my iDeneb and work on my Laptop with Dualview and Quartz Extreme ;-)

ähem:: Christmas is comming. So spent your already reduced time with your family and enjoy Christmas, because that's more important than drivers and other stuff......

Always your Juza

Hey, 10.5.6 is out!

We cross our fingers for an hd 3450 hackintosh solution in the near future...

34xx (pciE) is already working just need to make a proper pkg for it

and will update the first page during 2 days coming

Hi,

I have made a clean install of Leo4all 4.1 (10.5.2) on my Dell Optiplex 740.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (DevID: 0x94c1).

I only have 1024x768x35bits without installing any kext.

Unfortunately, the package for this graphic card did not work for me.

Thank you for your efforts, and I hope there will be a solution soon! Keep up this great work!

Best,

Don.

Thx lastExile, Updated to 10.5.6. I have an ati 2600 pro hd pcie with No Ci/Qe.

did you add the device id into ATIRAdeonx2000.kext's info.plist right click and open package content and add the device id reinstall with kext helper first copy it to the desktop the kext and open it by that way

10.5.6 ? - No problem here with unpatched ATI drivers , ATI 3850 PCIe, and GFXstring (used EFIStudion, changes Lamna (all in 3850, also ...Parent!) to Megadlon )

QE/CI + OpenGL : B)

Sweeet :D mega ftw

As ridgeline pointed out, I was talking about 3450 mobility.

Cheers!

got a mobility laptop now at my place :D looking into it

did you add the device id into ATIRAdeonx2000.kext's info.plist right click and open package content and add the device id reinstall with kext helper first copy it to the desktop the kext and open it by that way

Last Exile, Fix the Problem Thank You, I added the device but didnt work after reboot, just had to reinstall the whole kext with Kext Helper. Thx