ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

what means or what is "Triakis.kext" ?

I'm not appologizing for beeing a noob...:)

I can't override the old ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

??? what shall I do?

I can't override the old ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

??? what shall I do?

In the folder that I have posted there is a package: Triakis.pkg: install it

Overwrite the original ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle (that is in /System/Library/Extensions) with th new one that is in triakis folder an repair permissions.

Look if the id of your videocard is in the info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext: if not add manually the device id of your videocard in the info.plist and reinstall the kext.

For add your device id move the kext on the desktop, click with the right button and choose Show contents, double left click on Contents and double lefy click on info.plist: after the string IOPCIMatch there is a lot of id: if your is not present, add it, save, move to trash the original ATIRadeonX2000.kext and install this modified kext with kexthelper and reboot.

Do you know the id of your videocard?

Giorgio

ohh hell yes

GOOD BLESS YOU!

I got it and it works!

I opened the package and then I had to posibility to override those files.

The ID was the right one

So I restarted and now it works..... ahhh feels good, yet is always a dance with the devil

Hello guys, can somebody PLEASE help me with "Ati Mobility Radeon HD 2600".

Waiting impatiently for some help to get on started on that!!!!! Any help appreciated. Thankyou

:hysterical:

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Would love to buy this card:

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=2&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

TDP: 20W, 50USD

Will it be supported in the near future?

there are indication that 4xxx will be supported in snow leopard 10.6 but that might change i hope so but in leopard have to wait till first beta of 10.5.7 comes out

Thank You for reposting the links for the ATI drivers as I requested. I tried to download the Radeon HD 2600 Pro, but after I downloaded it, I could not expand it correctly. I downloaded the 18 megs of data, then "Arcfhive Utility" had an error; so I tried 7zX with no luck. Then I tried "The Unarchiver" which then displayed the installer package, but upon further inspection the installer was a "Zero K" file, and of course would not launch.

I am truly sorry to have to ask you for further assistance, but I would greatly appreciate being able to get this working,

Thanks

Hello i have an ASUS HD 3650 AGP (http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=2&l2=9&l3=666) i'm using it on the first DVI with VGA adaptor.

I downloaded the package for 3650 AGP but it doesn't work for me.

I can get in the safe mode if i don't use Natit.kext, otherwise i have similar screen as Darkn3ess http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1023328 but only in safe mode.

The system freeze with a normal boot with black screen.

P.S. In safe mode i don't have network support.

Any suggestion?

Thank You

Valerio

Hi All!

vale_x79: try to set the right permissions on ATIRadeonX2000.kext, and see if you can boot into safe mode with natit.kext.

For me it seems that in the latest 3650 PCIe install package from lastExile the installer fails to setup the right permissions on ATIRadeonX2000.kext and you have to set it manually after installation from single user mode, else you get the disco screen, it looks like the 3650 AGP installer might have the same problem.

I have Intel Core2 Quad CPU with Intel DP45SG mobo and Ati 3650 PCIe 512 Mbyte vga card, I was using the previous install package, it was working fine with "almost" vanilla 10.5.5 however only 256 Mbyte of video ram was accesible, thats not a big problem.

Now I updated my OSX to 10.5.6 and I get the login screen you can see attached. when I write my password and press enter there is only the desktop background, no dock, no HDD icons etc. I am still using vanilla kernel with Netkas V9 bootloader.

The thing is the same with the newest 3650 PCIe install package, first I got disco screen, after repairing ATIRadeonX2000.kext permissions I have the same problem.

I can boot into safe mode.

Did anybody have the same problem? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

post-148202-1231000683_thumb.jpg

Hi All!

vale_x79: try to set the right permissions on ATIRadeonX2000.kext, and see if you can boot into safe mode with natit.kext.

For me it seems that in the latest 3650 PCIe install package from lastExile the installer fails to setup the right permissions on ATIRadeonX2000.kext and you have to set it manually after installation from single user mode, else you get the disco screen, it looks like the 3650 AGP installer might have the same problem.

I have Intel Core2 Quad CPU with Intel DP45SG mobo and Ati 3650 PCIe 512 Mbyte vga card, I was using the previous install package, it was working fine with "almost" vanilla 10.5.5 however only 256 Mbyte of video ram was accesible, thats not a big problem.

Now I updated my OSX to 10.5.6 and I get the login screen you can see attached. when I write my password and press enter there is only the desktop background, no dock, no HDD icons etc. I am still using vanilla kernel with Netkas V9 bootloader.

The thing is the same with the newest 3650 PCIe install package, first I got disco screen, after repairing ATIRadeonX2000.kext permissions I have the same problem.

I can boot into safe mode.

Did anybody have the same problem? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

post-148202-1231000683_thumb.jpg

will fix this shortly :)

When the Tiger installers are updated, will there be a driver for the ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 HD under OS 10.4.11?

X2300 needs to be tested since its not in the same family as RadeonHD its in the x1xxx series tiger version will be up as soon as i have fixed other issues :wacko:

need these to be tested report back

ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCie

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

X2300 needs to be tested since its not in the same family as RadeonHD its in the x1xxx series tiger version will be up as soon as i have fixed other issues :D

need these to be tested report back

ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCie

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

I have not yet purchased the laptop with the ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 HD, so I have no ability to test. I'm currently running OS 10.4.11 on a Motion LE1700 slate tablet but would like to upgrade to a tablet with dedicated graphics card.

lastExile I am running an Asus EAH2400Pro PCI-E with iDeneb v1.3 (OS X 10.5.5). The installer does not work, are you surprised?

Here is what I can describe:

Apple Logo booting screen loads, blue screen with cursor displays and as video output is being set, the monitor receives a whacked out signal and shuts off. There is still a signal going to my monitor, but it clearly doesn't "understand" it. No amount of "Graphics Mode", outside of buckling down to 800x600, will get things in gear.

Removing the Natit.kext, ATINDRV.kext, ATIRNDRV.kext did not change anything. ATIRadeonX2000.kext's Info.plist did not have my card's ID...0x94c31002 nor did I see 0x94c11002 oddly enough. Removing Natit.kext didn't change anything (Odd...since it looked like Natit setup the ATY stuff), and removing ATINDRV.kext and ATIRNDRV.kext resulted in a very garbled screen, which was unreadable.

Also to note, editing the RadeonX200.kext and adding my card's ID did not work either. I forget which Natit I'm using, but apparently my card is ID'd as an XT and not a Pro. Too bad I actually know 100% that I'm using a Pro.

Here is current Graphics/Display information:

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:
 Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 2400
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x94c3
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 ROM Revision:	113-B1480A-236
 EFI Driver Version:	01.00.236