Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

guys experiencing power management issues, please capture system.log for this scenario

(it is in console, copy-paste only the lines that are related to 'entering into sleep mode' and 'returning to normal mode')

write down the timestamps of each of your steps

e.g.:

1. boot. 12:00

2. boot finished, launched itunes: 12:10

3. chosen 'sleep' in apple menu: 12:15

4. mac went in sleep mode: 12:16

5. woke up mac: 12:18

6. ...

if you are getting shutdown problems, capture the logs, too

don't send/attach -whole- system.log: it might be 1-2Mb - I only need just its part that is related to the problem. for instance, if you boot at 12:00 and test power-down issue around 12:15, the part of the log corresponding to this interval is sufficient for me

E.

when using this driver, is it possible to get 5.1 from DVDs?

Yes, works perfectly too

guys experiencing power management issues, please capture system.log for this scenario

(it is in console, copy-paste only the lines that are related to 'entering into sleep mode' and 'returning to normal mode')

write down the timestamps of each of your steps

e.g.:

1. boot. 12:00

2. boot finished, launched itunes: 12:10

3. chosen 'sleep' in apple menu: 12:15

4. mac went in sleep mode: 12:16

5. woke up mac: 12:18

6. ...

if you are getting shutdown problems, capture the logs, too

don't send/attach -whole- system.log: it might be 1-2Mb - I only need just its part that is related to the problem. for instance, if you boot at 12:00 and test power-down issue around 12:15, the part of the log corresponding to this interval is sufficient for me

E.

Thanks so much for your fantastic work!! Are you planning to get the mic input working too?

Yes, works perfectly too

Is it just available in DVD player? Or is it all media with multichannel audio encoded? I also remember Oxtie mentioning that iTunes would not be able to output multi channel audio with this driver, does that still apply?

Thank you Very Much for these drivers Eugene!!!

iTunes CAN play in multichannel as long as the media file itself is 5.1 type. If you play stereo file(s), it will only play in Left, Right and Sub woofer (not in center, surrounded left, surrounded right). If you see release notes carefully, "kX DSP and routing,  custom DSP effects" (which has one of those features to copy/surround stereo to multichannel) are currently under unimplemented stuff ;)  

i thought that was the case. i couldnt remember seeing whether it had been implemented or not! cant wait to try this in my system....... when i get a system that is.

Here is a picture of mine : post-323489-1227810202_thumb.png

In "configure speakers" it is on Stereo: on Left-1 on Right-2 but as you can see I can mute only "m" . the 1 and 2 are invisible. This is the reason I believe that I have no sound.

Regards

In earlier version of kX mac drivers, the release note said to upload FPGA firmware through Windows (meaning install kX for Win then reboot to OSX). It said you've to do this everytime, however current release adds  "open Terminal and type 'edspctrl'. It should initialize FPGA firmware and any dock stations you have. Note that if you reboot after Windows, and you were running Creative drivers, you need to reset FPGA firmware. Type 'edspctrl -reset'. Use this command 'edspctrl -reset' if you don't hear anything after reboot or power-on." 

Maybe in future, this will be solved...  :P Up to this point, its better to install XP+Mac (try searching google with MicroXP) which is more like 100MB. In my case I've xp+OSX :rolleyes: Steps were quite easy, 1. Create partitions + install XP 2. Install BootMagic (comes with PartitionMagic) 3. Run OSX setup, open disk utility, right-click partition, Erase a partition + install OSX. 4. after reboot WIN will start because of bootmagic and inside WIN, open BootMagic, add another bootable parition + press "save.exit" button and you are DONE! :D

thank you very much

now I'm going to do this. But where can I get these KX drivers for XP from?

and where and how am I soposed to type 'edspctrl -reset'

thanks

I tried but didn't start XP.without asking me started Mac....I have one logic partition for XP and one logic for Mac and tree extented...

thank you very much

now I'm going to do this. But where can I get these KX drivers for XP from?

and where and how am I soposed to type 'edspctrl -reset'

thanks

I tried but didn't start XP.without asking me started Mac....I have one logic partition for XP and one logic for Mac and tree extented...

XP Drivers are here and Release notes are here. Inside Application \ Utilities folder, you will find application called "Terminal", this is where you can type commands :)

:P You installed BootMagic? it should have taken over, anyhow, if you already installed bootmagic then you've to reEnable it from bootable CD (google Hiren's boot CD, common bootable CD images floating around everywhere... I won't tell you where) but, once you boot into dos, go to C:\ then BTMagic.pq DIR and run BMCFG (by typing it ofcourse) which will give you option to reEnable BootMagic and allow you to add XP partition (from there itself if you know how) otherwise you can do it in Windows (if your mouse does not work). :P

EDIT: OK, it seems there is a problem with this procedure if you use NTFS format! Use Primary FAT32 partition if you want everything to go smoothly as mine :) (if I were you, I wouldn't create any Logical partitions)

ok at present (just installed latest beta) all going well

using SB live

on Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+

Processor Speed: 2.41 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

Memory: 1.5 GB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

sound so far is a little brittle but could just be fact that im so used to onboard sound

in fact no it sound great

so yes it does work on AMD

now i just sit and wait for midi then ill be a happy chap

and will kiss microslop goodbye

now i just await the arrival of my quicksilver and i can almost dewindowfie my household forever

to all the developers testers and all involved I truly thought that when i first started this Hackintosh that my SBlive would reamin silent

you have all made a believer in me

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I love my SBLIVE again :D:D

okay having tried video in itunes the dialogue is crackly but music still going good

Quicktime sound is faultless

DVD player sound playback faultless

system sounds okay

I installed this driver:

http://www.driverheaven.net/mac-os-x-drive...1-2b0-beta.html

and now my sound does work, which is great. But in the system prefs, under sound, I still have no input device. Is there a way to get that working? I have a sb0090

thanks.

input/recording is on the to do list

well it worked fine.But today i start the system and there is NO sound at all from EMU 0404. I tried via Terminal with 'edspctrl -rese' but it answers: "command not found" and if I type 'edspctrl' it answers" FGPA firmware already initialized and DOCK POWERED OFF!!! post-323489-1228233535_thumb.png

well it worked fine.But today i start the system and there is NO sound at all from EMU 0404. I tried via Terminal with 'edspctrl -rese' but it answers: "command not found" and if I type 'edspctrl' it answers" FGPA firmware already initialized and DOCK POWERED OFF!!! post-323489-1228233535_thumb.png

well I'm not sure much about emu series, but did you try restarting XP again and then OSX? you never know what works :wub: If it doesn't, click on the Bug Report link (found in my signature if you're logged in)