About This File
Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR HFS+J partition.
To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.14.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.14 Firmware check by crazybirdy.
What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
3. Patch to stop auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.14.
4. This patched MBR OSInstaller will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+J partition.
5. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR HFS+J and GPT HFS+J partition (GPT+recovery).
No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.
How to make 10.14 installer for MBR?
Read HowTo-10.14.x.txt inside the zip file first, same as 10.13, different with 10.12.
Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
Just use 14MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.