About This File
Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.
To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.13.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.
What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).
No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.
How to make 10.13 installer for MBR?
Read HowTo-10.13.x.txt inside the zip file first, different with 10.12.
Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?
Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
Q: What's the difference between createinstallmedia method and MBR-patch method?
A: As the following....
1. createinstallmedia method, needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, worked with GUID only.
2. MBR-patch method, install via stage 2 directly, worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.