• Please log in to reply
1391 replies to this topic

casual21

casual21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I would like to say i have installed perfectly, not a single problem or error and i am amazed. Thank you eddie.

Dell Dimension 3000
Bone Ass Stock except GeForce 6200
I love it
dual booting xp leopard

New2OSx

New2OSx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
HI Eddie11c, Does it recognize NForce 560 chip set? I did try most of DVD but seem no one could recognize the Hard drive. My laptop is HP dv2715nr with Nforce 560 in both chip sets (North/South).
I try to add the dev id in AppleNForceATA.kext and inject to Zephyroth 10.5.1 DVD, but during the boot it said dev 0x056010de is not supported!
How about yrs??? or any solution/s?
Thx

HackMyTosh

HackMyTosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Downloading as I type. Seeding at 100 kb/s

Can't wait. :(

crypticknight

crypticknight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
thanks for letting me be a part of the beta test.. i love my macin..i mean hackintosh =)

WinLinMac01

WinLinMac01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:I am a technology enthusiast! I've been with InsanelyMac since January, 2008 (My other...
lol,

@eddie11c, hey thanks for letting me be part of the beta testing process as well. As you can notice, I dedicated a wikidot page to you (http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/) You can take over me as an administrator (when I give you permission upon request). Also, your release is running perfect on my system. Still didn't check for QE/CI. Will get back later in some time. =)

thanks for letting me be a part of the beta test.. i love my macin..i mean hackintosh =)

vesmes

vesmes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reliese, but... i Run on DELL 1525 Laptop and when the Install was Sucseed, it runs Darwin Boot ..until the "dsmos: Starting..."..and then its freeze :) .

I was waiting for 10-15 min but noting happens. I dont know what to do now :P

Intel Core2Duo 1.66 Ghz, X3100 Video, 160 GB Samsung SATA2 Disk, 1GB Ram. All of Bluetouth, Wi_fi, 1394,Speedstep was disabled when i instal. Core2 Suport is Enabled !....help me, what to change ? :)

eddie11c

eddie11c

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

HI Eddie11c, Does it recognize NForce 560 chip set? I did try most of DVD but seem no one could recognize the Hard drive. My laptop is HP dv2715nr with Nforce 560 in both chip sets (North/South).
I try to add the dev id in AppleNForceATA.kext and inject to Zephyroth 10.5.1 DVD, but during the boot it said dev 0x056010de is not supported!
How about yrs??? or any solution/s?
Thx

Hey I am unsure about your chipset, all I can say if give it a try. Part of the problem I found with some other releases was the AppleNforce was not placed into IOATAFamily on the DVD. This caused even my Nforce chipset to spew the message that mine was not supported by the kext. This release works with mine though but I am 055010de. If it does now work for you let me know. I will try and find out more info as to wether there is a fix for it.

To those that were part of the beta test, thanks for the work. I hope your systems are running as well as mine is.

nekton

nekton

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
It installs (netkas kernel) OKish on an Asus P5GD1-VM with P4 but has problems with ALC867 sound (does not work and neither do patches) and also gives an odd message at boot regarding Intel 82557 not having correct ROM. Sometimes it can connect to the net and sometimes not. This is fixed by installing AppleIntel8255x.kext from earlier builds although the ROM failure check still shows up in the boot screen
Running Disk Utility on the GUID partitioned HDD either stalls or shows hundreds of permission errors and SUID problems. Although it says they are fixed, a second run shows the same errors over again.
The ATi 1600pro drivers don't work either and installing natit does not work too. The Graphics/Display More Info shows that the the kext is not loaded.
Edit, I installed a modified kext for the 1600 and it is partly working now but still no QE.
Shutdown is very flakey, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. Restart is OK.
A good start though for this old board that has been a champion from 10.3 thru 10.4.

house98

house98

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Eddie...

WOW dude. I'm so glad you came along man :-)

This is the first and only version of OSX I've been able to install on my laptop (Tried Zep's Rev1, Iatkos ir2, jas 10.4.7... ). I have an Emachine m6805 I'm posting this from it actually running your release.

So check this. All installed nicely...
- Sound works (but when testing the system sounds (clicking through them) it stutters a bit sometimes).
- Wireless worked right off the bat (event PSK encryption)!
- Graphics.... this is where it's odd.
` Two things .. I get a ghosting of sorts every once in a while. Almost like getting a 'spec' of the previous window in place until I move another window over it... if that makes sense.
` And next this laptop runs an odd resolution 1280x800. The only one I see is 1024x768

One random piece of weirdness is that when I go Apple Menu > About This Mac... the GUI seems to restart as if it partially crashed.

Can't wait for feedback! Thanks again Eddie!

Can't wait to play.

star5

star5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
eddie,

Thanks for the release. But it's a no go for me. After the initial text at start up (since it's loading in verbose mode), I just get a black screen.

Here are my specs:

Dell Inspiron 640m
Intel Core Duo (multi-proc disabled for Mac OSX install-->just b/c I had to do this on the iAtkos release)
CPU T5200 @ 1.60 HGz
Video 1.05 HGz (Intel 945GM video card)
.99 GB RAM

Any suggestions?

ammonsphoto

ammonsphoto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Dell 4700 worked fine, trying now on an HP D220 MT. Freaks out trying to boot when loading the Extensions.kext Any Ideas? The HP D220 should have all the right parts. Intel Integrated Graphics, P4 2.4 GHZ?

eddie11c

eddie11c

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
OK checking in, I will be back a bit later for more help. I cautioned very much against using the video drivers I included. As they are very hit or miss. Try searching the net for a know working version for you specific graphic card.

If your on a laptop and getting no display after loading into the installer, you may need to hook up an external display to see whats going on. This problem has been around a long time and I have not yet seen a solid fix. If you find a video driver for your card it may fix this.

If you get errors about loading Extensions.mkext but it was working fine on another machine it sounds like your DVD player is the cause.

Vesmes it sounds like you installed some video drivers, that happens if they are not compatible. Boot with -s and remove them. Lots of tutorials on these forums on how to do so.

Smuxbr

Smuxbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi all,

I look for the following drivers:

Video cards: GMA 950, ATI X600
Audio Cards: ALC206 and ALC 883 HDA
Wireless Cards: Atheros 5005G and Intel Wireless (i dont know this model)
Network Cards: Broadcom and Intel network cards (i dont know this models)

Someone know if this release contains this drivers?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

pion

pion

=D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Ati HD 2400 driver :censored2:
any1 got this card to confirm its working?

WinLinMac01

WinLinMac01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:I am a technology enthusiast! I've been with InsanelyMac since January, 2008 (My other...
eddie11c, don't you think it is time to create a Universal Release for Laptop/Notebook/Tablet PC users? They seem to be the only ones in the boat now. Its time to be open to them too, you know. We can help. =) ;)

Ati HD 2400 driver :censored2: any1 got this card to confirm its working?

You are really going to have to dig deeper into that for searching kexts via google.

Hi all,I look for the following drivers:Video cards: GMA 950, ATI X600Audio Cards: ALC206 and ALC 883 HDAWireless Cards: Atheros 5005G and Intel Wireless (i dont know this model)Network Cards: Broadcom and Intel network cards (i dont know this models)Someone know if this release contains this drivers?Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Smuxbr

Smuxbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
WinLinMac01, alright..

If i try the video drivers to 10.4.x in 10.5.x I will have success?

eddie11c

eddie11c

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
Ok for those wondering about the SUID error in disk utility. This is a know issue since I am applying the 10.5.2 update through the install disk. It is nothing to worry about, some people get the error even after applying the official patch on real macs.

ADoNuT333

ADoNuT333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

eddie11c, don't you think it is time to create a Universal Release for Laptop/Notebook/Tablet PC users? They seem to be the only ones in the boat now. Its time to be open to them too, you know. We can help. =) -_- You are really going to have to dig deeper into that for searching kexts via google.

Well if you could figure out why my Toshiba A215 laptop won't load the installer....there seems to be no solution available anywhere so until a really good coder buys the same laptop and figures something out, I'm stuck...atleast until toshiba updates the bios.

Shaska

Shaska

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for the release eddie11c, Can't wait to try it.

vesmes

vesmes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Vesmes it sounds like you installed some video drivers, that happens if they are not compatible. Boot with -s and remove them. Lots of tutorials on these forums on how to do so....

My Laptop is runing on Intel GM965 Chipset, i dont choose any Video Drivers when Install DVD.

I dont know what and how to remove in -s mode :(

Using the Search im not geting any solution for my problem, im realy noobish in this :unsure: Everyone talks about GM950, Noting about GM965.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy