Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

Buenas, como te llamas Fernando voy a suponer que eres español jejejejeje, asi que mejor te lo cuento en castellano que va ser mas rapido. Ah ante todo gracias por responder.

Tengo la version 10.4.3 y aunque me costo un poco encontrar el family kext del archivo del

upgrade al final lo encontre. Los saque los dos, tanto el 80211 como el family network.

Segun entendi debia extraerlos y reemplazar los que tenia en mi sistema por esos.

Restableci los permisos despues de esto con el reparador de permisos que tiene el osx.

EL problema es que cuando reinicio, primero me quede sin LAN, me decia que estaba desactivada,

y wifi nada de nada. En cuaanto a lo de arranzar windows para ver si es que tiene un arranque

medio raro negativo. No uso windows, uso debian y he instalado macos por probar. En debian

me va sin problemas la tarjeta al tener driver atheros. Si pudieras especificarme como

reemplazar los archivos y que hacer exactamente te lo agradezco.

Por cierto mi tarjeta no es exactamente la 5354 es una 3054 de Senao pero lleva el chipset

ATHEROS el aries 2 concretamente. Lo he comprobado en la web de Engenius que son quienes las fabrican

y ambas llevan el mismo chipset el aries 2, la unica diferencia es que la mia no soporta el modo A, solo el B y G. Asi que supongo deberia funcionar con el mismo driver, especulo claro, pero supongo que deberia ser asi. En cualquier caso por probar no pierdo nada.

Un saludo.

Buenas, como te llamas Fernando voy a suponer que eres español jejejejeje, asi que mejor te lo cuento en castellano que va ser mas rapido. Ah ante todo gracias por responder.

Tengo la version 10.4.3 y aunque me costo un poco encontrar el family kext del archivo del

upgrade al final lo encontre. Los saque los dos, tanto el 80211 como el family network.

Segun entendi debia extraerlos y reemplazar los que tenia en mi sistema por esos.

Restableci los permisos despues de esto con el reparador de permisos que tiene el osx.

EL problema es que cuando reinicio, primero me quede sin LAN, me decia que estaba desactivada,

y wifi nada de nada. En cuaanto a lo de arranzar windows para ver si es que tiene un arranque

medio raro negativo. No uso windows, uso debian y he instalado macos por probar. En debian

me va sin problemas la tarjeta al tener driver atheros. Si pudieras especificarme como

reemplazar los archivos y que hacer exactamente te lo agradezco.

Por cierto mi tarjeta no es exactamente la 5354 es una 3054 de Senao pero lleva el chipset

ATHEROS el aries 2 concretamente. Lo he comprobado en la web de Engenius que son quienes las fabrican

y ambas llevan el mismo chipset el aries 2, la unica diferencia es que la mia no soporta el modo A, solo el B y G. Asi que supongo deberia funcionar con el mismo driver, especulo claro, pero supongo que deberia ser asi. En cualquier caso por probar no pierdo nada.

Un saludo.

No, I'm Portuguese. All I did was to replace my 80211 extension with the one from 10.4.5. I didn't touch the IONetworkingFamily extension. I'm still using the 10.4.3 version. What is the Vendor and Device ID of your card?

Fernando Birra

First of all thanx for your response fernando,

About the vendor is EnGenius 11g mini-pci NET-AL-3054

with Atheros chip. As i told u, is the same card as the 5045 but the only difference is that

the 3045 don't support 802.11a mode, just b/g.

About the vendor ID how can i see it on linux?

In My configuration log in linux i found this, As u can read it detect the card as an AR5212 abg

but really it didn't support the A mode. But it works fine under linux.

I imagine in osx the problem goes with the vendor or device id. How can i resolve that.

0000:02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

One more thing, i'd copy the IO80211Family.kext to the Extension directory and then i repair

permissions, but when i restart it told me that the is a problem with the file because the

instalation of it was bad o something like that i don't remenber the exact message.

First of all thanx for your response fernando,

About the vendor is EnGenius 11g mini-pci NET-AL-3054

with Atheros chip. As i told u, is the same card as the 5045 but the only difference is that

the 3045 don't support 802.11a mode, just b/g.

About the vendor ID how can i see it on linux?

In My configuration log in linux i found this, As u can read it detect the card as an AR5212 abg

but really it didn't support the A mode. But it works fine under linux.

I imagine in osx the problem goes with the vendor or device id. How can i resolve that.

0000:02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

One more thing, i'd copy the IO80211Family.kext to the Extension directory and then i repair

permissions, but when i restart it told me that the is a problem with the file because the

instalation of it was bad o something like that i don't remenber the exact message.

Repair the permission with these commands:

chmod -R 755 IO80211Family.kext

chown -R root:wheel IO80211Family.kext

that specific error should go away.

About the vendor,deviceid try to look under /proc/pci. I believe there should be some file in there with that information.

Fernando

WOOOOO IT WORKS NOW WIRELESS in OSX86 i can´t believe it

Thank fernando, the problem was with the permissions, i

restored the permissions and then restart. It detect an AIRPORT on the

system. It works FINE with WEP 128 bits encryption too.

So on more Wireless card to the hardware list.

Engenius NET-EL3054MPPLUS - ENGENIUS 11g/b mini-pci Aries2 Atheros

Dude, I have a thinkpad t41 and I cant get it to WORK! I successfully loaded the kext, it sees it as an airport, but when i try to configure it, it freezes and goes insane. When I go to system profiler, and go to "airport" it doesnt display any info and when I go to "Network" in system profiler, it just crashes....maybe I need to add my dev id or somethin....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Woohoo!

IO80211.kext works for the Topcom Skyracer 108Mbit PCMCIA card in my T42. The onboard Intel 2200 still doesn't work, but now I'm able to connect via WIFI. Only downside is that I cannot connect to my normal WPA (no Radius server) - only if I remove the encryption from it.

It's not a major issue as there is no encryption on the university's network. (we use other authentication)

Hello,

I have a Proxim Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card. I have installed IO80211Family.kext and the IONetworkingFamily.kext from the 10.4.5 update package. OSX recognizes my card as en1 when i go to the network utility, but I don't see where i can connect to a network. There is no wireless icon in the top right of the screen like I would assume there would be. If anyone has any idea what im doing wrong, let me know. BTW, im using the 10.4.3 version of OSX86.

Thanks.

Chris

Got some problems with installing my IBM a/b/g/ Card on OSX:

- copy new io80211family.kext over old one

- copy new plugin kext files of ionetworkingfamily.kext in my plugin folder

- repaired the access restriction and reboot

After reboot two messages appear:

- io80211family.kext not installed properly

- Atheros54***.kext not installed properly

Can anyone Help me please?! Or send me his io80211family and ionetworkingfamily files via email?!

Mailto: killhack@gmx.de thank you very much, I hope it works...

Greets

Got some problems with installing my IBM a/b/g/ Card on OSX:

- copy new io80211family.kext over old one

- copy new plugin kext files of ionetworkingfamily.kext in my plugin folder

- repaired the access restriction and reboot

After reboot two messages appear:

- io80211family.kext not installed properly

- Atheros54***.kext not installed properly

You have to repair the permissions on io80211family.kext

chmod -R 755 IO80211Family.kext

chown -R root:wheel IO80211Family.kext

can anyone fix my problem? (look up)

I'm trying to get a D-Link DWL-G520 to run under 10.4.5

Airport won't recognize it but the hardware profiler shows it present under PCI devices. I have also tried getting a USB ethernet adapter working, but can't get that either. It also shows up, but I can't find the right drivers for it. Anyone know what to do?

I have a sligt problem, when repairing the output states Operation Not Permited

I do have the permisions set.

edit:

could some one please hook me up with the ionetworkingfamily.kext file for 10.4.5

email - cdenny at gmail.com

OMG! I just installed the 10.4.5 update and my card is being detected...sorta....I get the airport icon on top but its greyed out and it says something about configuring but when I go to the network options, its not there!

My HP Compaq W500 works fine with 10.4.5. :) 10.4.4 didn't work though...

Edit: Just a clarification. I am running 10.4.4 on my test laptop, but I just grabbed some networking kexts from the 10.4.5 Combo Update (on Apple's site), and used Pacifist to extract them. http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...45forintel.html

Cyrana, can you be more specific at to WHICH kexts you replaced.

I have 10.4.4 running on an HP Nc6000

It has the integrated Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit and the W500.

I had to add a driver from tinhead to get the Nic to work, and now I want to try to get the wireless working.

If I replace the IONetworking with 10.4.5's then add tinheads driver to the plugins, it breaks my integrated nic, and the wireless is not detected either.

Pointers or advice please?

Thanks in advance.

hm