You should be using Chameleon with a modified smbios.plist now anyway.
Earlier today I made some modifications to the AppleSMBIOS-27 Source.
Note: As per usual, this requires PC_EFI
Now a fully working AppleSMBIOS for 10.5.2 is finally available, will all system profiler information including Memory showing correctly (unlike the Netkas release).
CS3, Final Cut Pro, etc. Functions Correctly, Bluetooth, DVD Player etc. Problems are fixed, Memory Information shows properly under System Profiler etc.
This AppleSMBIOS has various new features, including Netkas' Serial Number fix (for applications such as Second Life), along with User-Settable options for Serial Number, BIOSVersion (which is transformed into Boot ROM Version), Memory Speed, and Memory Type. Please see the included User-Commands.rtf for more informations on the user setable options and what they do.
You are able to grab various versions from the downloads section on
Rev. 6 - Versions Available: iMac (for PCs), MacBook (for Laptops)
Also note: Model Identifier can no longer be set by AppleSMBIOS alone, please use netkas' kernel if you want a fake one. His sets it to MacPro3,1 as we discovered what needed to be changed.
Edit: Source Code for this has also been released as required by the APSL v2.0 and Patch is released under GPL v3 - Please see my website for details/download.
- Revision 6 Released.
Changes since Rev. 3:
- Fourth Release (Rev. 6).
- Cleaned up/removed some older code.
- Removed user specifiable value for Model Identifier - this was causing Disk Utility to Crash!
- Added option to specify serial number.
- Internal Release (Rev. 4 & Rev. 5).
- User specified values for Model Identifier, Memory Speed and BIOSVersion.
- Updated comments.
- Implemented Netkas' Serial Fix.
- Known Bugs: Causes Disk Utility to Crash.
- Revision 4 in the works - see here for info.
- I'm going to re-itterate the point here that donations are much appreciated... sites like this and working on the projects cost time and money. If you're feeling kind and fancy sending me one, please see the donation page on my site.
- Site was down yesterday - It's back up now.
- The following are the stats... just for this week.
If you see the note on your web site "Bandwidth limit exceeded" has your account used more than 167 GB for today, which is our daily bandwidth limit. Your web sites are temporary suspended rest of the day.
Your web site it back online again about GMT 01.00.
- 1333Mhz DDR3 version added to site. (Uses revision 3 source)
- Revision 3 Released, Multiple versions added.
- Revision 2 compiled.
- Revision 1, non-public release.