Fully working 10.5.2 AppleSMBIOS and Source finally available!

mac.nub

150 posts in this topic

Does anybody has Kernel panics at shutdown with this AppleSMBIOS ?

I put back the Vanilla AppleSMBIOS, and place modified SPPlatform.spreporter and SPMemory to avoid errors in the System Profiler.

Does anybody has Kernel panics at shutdown with this AppleSMBIOS ?

I put back the Vanilla AppleSMBIOS, and place modified SPPlatform.spreporter and SPMemory to avoid errors in the System Profiler.

I've never had any on either of my machines.

---

Note to all: A new version is likely to be released in the next few days that dynamically accepts user input - I've been working on it for the last two days.

~mac.nub

I've never had any on either of my machines.

---

Note to all: A new version is likely to be released in the next few days that dynamically accepts user input - I've been working on it for the last two days.

~mac.nub

What does this mean for the final user exacly?

It means I can add code to suit my HW specs?

What does this mean for the final user exacly?

It means I can add code to suit my HW specs?

--- AppleSMBIOS-27 -- Debug by iGuru -- rev. 4, internal --
Set BIOS Version: MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0707251237
Set Machine Model: MacBook2,1
Set Memory Speed: 667 MHz
Set Memory Speed: 667 MHz
--- Visit http://www.macdotnub.info for more information --

The above is debug mode output from it. Basically it allows the user to set the Boot ROM Version, Machine Model, and Memory speed currently, and if they are not specified it uses the defaults.

These are just a few of the values I plan to implement.

In effect, it allows you to control the information given to the OS, which in turn provides a more stable system.

~mac.nub

In effect, it allows you to control the information given to the OS, which in turn provides a more stable system.

~mac.nub

Thanks, a lot mac.nub for clarification.

Me, and a lot of others for sure, are more interested in the last one instead having the cool info in system profiler showed.

Just an example, some smbios,leave the screenlock and screensavers working correctly;some give a perfect wake up from sleep..others don't!

It's back up now.

mdninfostatswl5.th.png

Those are the stats... just for this week.

If you see the note on your web site "Bandwidth limit exceeded" has your account used more than 167 GB for today, which is our daily bandwidth limit. Your web sites are temporary suspended rest of the day.

Your web site it back online again about GMT 01.00.

I'm going to re-itterate the point here that donations are much appreciated... sites like this and working on the projects cost time and money.

If you're feeling kind and fancy sending me one, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Note: If you've emailed me and I haven't gotten back to you, please try to be patient I get back to everyone as soon as I can.

First post has been updated a bit for those of you that don't want to read for 5 pages to look for things :unsure:

Cheers,

~mac.nub

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, and I know it's been posted before, but here is a straight link to the fix/post for shutdown after sleep bug. But reboot doesn't work though. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88087&

It was due to one core not shutting down.. Maybe AppleSMBIOS was behind this, we will never know, the thing is now I can use your AppleSMBIOS mac.nub so it's nice :( Reports my ram correctly too ! Are the hex references from manufacter hardcoded ?

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, and I know it's been posted before, but here is a straight link to the fix/post for shutdown after sleep bug. But reboot doesn't work though. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88087&

It was due to one core not shutting down.. Maybe AppleSMBIOS was behind this, we will never know, the thing is now I can use your AppleSMBIOS mac.nub so it's nice :D Reports my ram correctly too ! Are the hex references from manufacter hardcoded ?

Yes they are, they're hardcoded to references from RAM in a MacBook. Haha.

mmhh I think u wrote wrong link cyclonefr, the one posted redirect to the first page of this thread.

I'm guessing he meant to post this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73234

it crashes my:"about this mac""

profiler works

got a msi 975 powerup with intel q6600

Yeah, that seems to happen on a few systems, i'm not sure if it's the motherboard, CPU or something else, but I am looking into it.

well really would like to check it out ..but seems iam late again :unsure: ..Site got suspended

:D

Ouch, i'll be getting some of the files mirrored soon probably so that will help.

Thank you for this AppleSMBIOS! Now my Photoshop works again :-)

np :)

~mac.nub

Hi Mac.nub

I am extremely impressed with what you do, and very appreciative.

I had one of your earlier versions and everything worked beautifully, but then I decided if it worked that good maybe the newer version would work even better so I updated, (after backing up my original) and the new version killed my sound, so I repatched the sound the way I have always done (Tarugas patcher) and no matter what I cannot get sound working again using your newest versions of AppleSMBIOS.kext

So I replaced the version I backed up and sound still would not work no matter what I did.

I have tried the default version as well as the last one listed on your downloads page for Mac Pro and still no sound.

So, I reverted back to an old original (says Hack.In.Tosh and sound is back up and running.

Now I am totally lost, as it seems I have misplaced the original Mac Pro version of your kext from about a week ago or so.

Anyway, I am happy to donate to help keep your site up and running, and I would love it if you could help me with this issue on my BadAxe2 system listed in my specs I woud love to get a good system profiler output going again.

Thanks.

is this AMD compatible?

Yes, however your CPU may show as Unknown.

So, it works in AMD but it crashes the About my Mac and my iPod is no longer being mounted. Could this be the reason? Thanks!

An incorrect System.kext tends to be the reason for things not mounting correctly - check your system.kext matches your kernel version, as for the AMD About this Mac crash, I recall you had to replace some kext to fix that, unfortunately I can't remember what off the top of my head. I'm still looking into that for someone however and will let you know when I do.

Anyway, I am happy to donate to help keep your site up and running, and I would love it if you could help me with this issue on my BadAxe2 system listed in my specs I woud love to get a good system profiler output going again.

Can you drop me an email via my site please? Sounds like it's going to be something that we'll need to have to work together to sort out.

with massive transfers in bandwidth like that I am surprised you do not torrent this.

I may do eventually, seems a bit pointless for a file that's only 16KB though.

~mac.nub

An incorrect System.kext tends to be the reason for things not mounting correctly - check your system.kext matches your kernel version, as for the AMD About this Mac crash, I recall you had to replace some kext to fix that, unfortunately I can't remember what off the top of my head

Actually, I downgraded my kernel from 9.2 to 9.1. What do I have to change in System.kext?

Actually, I downgraded my kernel from 9.2 to 9.1. What do I have to change in System.kext?

You'll need the 10.5.1 System.kext - if you can't find it drop me an email via my site and I'll send you it.

~mac.nub

Can you drop me an email via my site please? Sounds like it's going to be something that we'll need to have to work together to sort out.

~mac.nub

Ok mac.nub

I happily donated $50.00 US to your donations page via PayPal,

I hope this helps a little bit, I think what you are doing is insanely killer and I hope everyone else sends something in to help you with this work.

Even in small amounts, donations will help cover time and hosting costs.

So come on people....send anything....$5, $10, $20 it all adds up .

P.S. I am just coming off of 15 weeks without a paycheck because of the writers strike in Hollywood so I don't have a lot of extra money lying around...if i can do it (donate) you can too. :(

Anyway I sent you an email also so that hopefully you can help me sort out my issues with the BadAxe2 system.

I am close, and as i mentioned, one of your earlier versions worked perfect, I should have just left it alone...but I like to tweak on things as well to try new stuff and see i it brings improvement and also so I can learn from trial and error.

hi mac.nub,

Thanks for all the work you put into this!

I just tried the latest build, and it works correctly like the one I had before (not sure which one... probably Netkas's)... but my machine is still reported as

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

I took a look on IORegistryExplorer and saw this:

comptatible: <"MacPro3,1">

model: <"MacPro3,1">

manufacturer <"Apple Inc.">

product name: <"F3Sv">

(my notebook is a ASUS F3sv)

Is there anything I did wrong??

btw, is it possible to change manufacturer to ASUSTeK? ;)

Ok mac.nub

I happily donated $50.00 US to your donations page via PayPal,

I hope this helps a little bit, I think what you are doing is insanely killer and I hope everyone else sends something in to help you with this work.

Even in small amounts, donations will help cover time and hosting costs.

So come on people....send anything....$5, $10, $20 it all adds up .

P.S. I am just coming off of 15 weeks without a paycheck because of the writers strike in Hollywood so I don't have a lot of extra money lying around...if i can do it (donate) you can too. :shock:

Anyway I sent you an email also so that hopefully you can help me sort out my issues with the BadAxe2 system.

I am close, and as i mentioned, one of your earlier versions worked perfect, I should have just left it alone...but I like to tweak on things as well to try new stuff and see i it brings improvement and also so I can learn from trial and error.

Thanks very much for the donation :) and the kind comments, i've replied to your email so you should have one if you check your inbox.

I just tried the latest build, and it works correctly like the one I had before (not sure which one... probably Netkas's)... but my machine is still reported as

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

btw, is it possible to change manufacturer to ASUSTeK? :P

The current version of AppleSMBIOS sets compatible, model and manufacturer the hardcoded values. Netkas' kernel sets the Model Identifier to MacPro3,1.

To change the Manufacturer you'll need to download the source off my site, and change the value using XCode and re-compile it. To change the Model identifier, you'll need to make your own kernel, unless netkas changes something.

~mac.nub