MacWorld 2008 Transcript Leaked?

Colonel

114 posts in this topic

I'm surprised not many of you have mentioned the Apple TV... if Apple is to have movie rentals, and Fox is gonna get out some DVDs with iPod/AppleTV formatted content, why wouldn't they update it to take advantage of some stuff? Steve has said the AppleTV is a hobby thing... but that's only because it didn't take off. There's a lot of potential in that little box... and if they're going to make the Mac mini smaller, or re-do it, then it is probable that the two products merge in some way. Apple needs a media centre Mac: it's where everything's headed. Already we've seen FrontRow 2.0, but it's still pretty far away from Windows Media Centre. I think they have to do something with FrontRow, AppleTV, Mac mini, or some combination of other things to grow their little media centre offering. And I'm sure the next iTunes will tie into that somehow.

If they do update Apple TV then I'm hoping that your able to access the iTunes Store from it so you can buy movies and whatnot right then instead of going on your computer and streaming it over to it. C'mon, we all know Apple does things easier than that. Although for the most part, Apple TV is a nice flop. Like iPod Hi-Fi was.

Newton "reborn" anyone?

I really don't think we'll ever see the Newton back again, the iPhone/iPod Touch are too similar to a PDA. In fact, you could really say that the iPhone and iPod Touch are the Newton "reborn".

iPhone update sounds fantastic. Makes me actually want one, only if they went to verizon or sprint, though. Controlling Front Row from iPod Touch/iPhone sounds awesome, though. Especially since I lost my Apple Remote within two months of having my iMac! :(

MacBook Nano sounds awesome, but I'd still prefer a regular MacBook. My opinion will probably change once I see the keynote. =)

if just one of these things are true i will be happy. if all of them are i will probably like...explode.

I agree Totally! MacTouch, Mac Nano..WOW...But i am hoping for the 2Gen iPhone to be announced, thoug hthat will possibly be a whole other "EVENT" on its own...maybe "mums no longer the word, revisited" perhaps....perhaps not.... :):help: :help:

i wonder if apple will ever do that Noah thing again, that was fun :P

or maybe, they will create a hovering device so that Stev jobs dream of levataing will finally come true....

he could get power hungry and run USA though... i don't think anybody would argue with him, especially with those peircing eyes...

i just got soo excited about macworld, i think i did a little bit of wee.... :blink:

Think Mark

I AM NOW A GEEK!!! w00t!!!

I agree, but something that recognizes handwriting is missing don't you think?

Nope, what for? Do you really want to try writing slowly and accurately and have the device misinterpret that instead of using an onscreen keyboard really fast? :) ... There _are_ however other things missing for the iPhone/iPod touch to be "Newton Reborn".

1.) Actual "assisting" features that made the Newton a PDA.

2.) Copy/Paste

3.) 10h of actual usage battery life.

Also: A memory card slot of some kind and a real keyboard as an accessory. Heck: The iPhone _does_ have BT, so why not give us a smaller version of the BT-keyboard for it...

Never gonna happen, it seems...

Mac nano: to forget now!!!

Macbook pro: would be best the 8800m gts or gtx?

Cinema Displays: Finally did down the price!!!

Mac Pro: is good the 8600gt like standard video card. But would be one possible the sli or crossfire x support??

Macbook nano: Putz no optical drive, {censored}kkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

Iphone: Finally video record and 3g support. E arrive fast to brazil, Pelo amor de Deus!!!( For god's love, brazilian expression).

Thanks for everything!!!! Fabio Leite. ;):):)

MacBook Nano might use an under body optical driver similar to the patent Apple filed over a year ago.

I'm going to call {censored} on the MacTouch, but I would be delighted if Apple proves me wrong. Price it at $1000 and I would still buy.

I'm going to call {censored} on the MacTouch, but I would be delighted if Apple proves me wrong. Price it at $1000 and I would still buy.

If it does actually exist, you'll be lucky to see it priced around $2000...

Me too. Why Apple keep pushing those {censored} mid-end graphic cards on a Hi-End desktop/workstation?

Yeah, the 8600 is fine as a starter card for the Mac PRO, but atleast port over the 8800. Come on now, if not the strongest 8800(GTX, ultra is just higher clocked) then atleast the 8800GT, or even the HD2900 GT, or HD3 series.

why would jobs mention another companies product, or a 10.X.x update?

ID Tech 5, Jobs does it all the time.

Macbook pro: would be best the 8800m gts or gtx?

That would drive the price of the Macbook Pro even HIGHER. Which, if they added the 8800m in it, add it as an available upgrade.

Mac Pro: is good the 8600gt like standard video card. But would be one possible the sli or crossfire x support??

7300 GT has x4 SLI. I don't see why the 8600 won't atleast have x2 SLI.

Yeah, the 8600 is fine as a starter card for the Mac PRO, but atleast port over the 8800. Come on now, if not the strongest 8800(GTX, ultra is just higher clocked) then atleast the 8800GT, or even the HD2900 GT, or HD3 series.

ID Tech 5, Jobs does it all the time.

That would drive the price of the Macbook Pro even HIGHER. Which, if they added the 8800m in it, add it as an available upgrade.

7300 GT has x4 SLI. I don't see why the 8600 won't atleast have x2 SLI.

I think you are confusing PCI-express x1-x16 with SLI.

SLI = 2 gpus.

PCI-express 1x = slowest PCI-express, 4x = little wider, more bw, 8x = what you normally get in SLI mode, 16x = what is used for graphics cards.

Heads are gonna roll if part or all of this is true or if the person that leaked this was given a decoy copy.

I think Apple's grip on keeping secrets is slipping it seems. The moment one of the apple rumour sites was sued and finally shut down was the end of it all. Now that leaking apple secrets out is so lucrative, more executives there are gonna leak stuff.

The MacPro can use 4GPU's in SLI. That means it has either quad PCIe x8 or PCIe x16 slots.
Yes, it can use up to 4 GPU's, but they cannot operate in SLI/Crossfire mode or anything. They always output to seperate displays, whereas SLI is a way of running multiple GPU's for a speedup on one screen.

My guess is there will be a new high-end card available for the Mac Pro. Like the 8800GT. The Macbook Pro will get Penryn chips, with the regular Macbook happening a bit later. Mac Nano and Mac Touch sound unlikely to me, but the Macbook Nano sounds pretty plausible

IIRC, Sli worked on the Mac Pro, with Windows XP. Or vista, I'm not sure.

Why does everyone call BS on the Mac Touch? Doesn't sound that weird to me. I mean, they've been working on the whole touch thing for a while now.

And the lack of the Optical drive and HDD for the MacBook nano are a VERY logical choice: power saving. This thing has two big (or actually very small) features: Battery life and size (i.e. portability). I mean, come one, 10 hours! That's a lot for a fast processor like that!

I'm going to hope for a price drop on the iPod Touch myself.

One more thing... ATi 3*** support will probably come. Maybe even in the new iMacs. I mean, the drivers are there. Netkas posted it a while back on his site. Drivers don't just fall out of the sky, Apple decided to make them.

Good day!

I think you are confusing PCI-express x1-x16 with SLI.

SLI = 2 gpus.

PCI-express 1x = slowest PCI-express, 4x = little wider, more bw, 8x = what you normally get in SLI mode, 16x = what is used for graphics cards.

I never mentioned any PCIE interface. I know what SLI means though.

Mac Nano

• Redesigned Mac–Mini

• Half the height as its predecessor

• Now has an anodized aluminum shell.

• 2.2GHz and 2.4GHz Santa Rosa chips

• 32GB flash solid state drive (64GB build-to-order option, also option for 160GB conventional HDD)

• On sale at MacWorld, ships February

oh noez

ill have to change my name D: