• Interests:Techie gadgets
Damn, and I choose my Dell laptop with Nvidia 8400 instead of X3100 :censored2:

headliner

headliner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Works perfectly on my X3100 laptop, too.
Thanks a lot, paulicat!!

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
THis sounds good!! I just woke up and I haven't tested anything yet. =) Its my birthday today and I might say, this is the best birthday gift ever!! THanks to you Lord Paulicat!!! =)

By the way, what AppleIntegratedbuffer.kext are we going to use? Does it matter? Shall we use the one that originally came with Leo? Can we use the one that was included in the PostPatch.sh of Brazilmacs?

And yes, I have here the Ioreg dump file of a 950 from a MACMINI =)

I hope this helps.

Again, Thanks =)

Attached Files

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Figures that I would be the only one who can't get this to work...

The natit kext does appear to be loading however the login window never appears. The only error I can see is "VID: Match Catergory IOFramebuffer already exists" This appears both before and after the Alkor messages.

UPDATE:
After seeing an earlier post, I copied the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from the actual Leopard DVD and that partially solved my problem. My laptop's built-in display however remains for lack of a better term, powered off. If I attach an external display, that loads and I can see the Leo wallpaper; However, it looks like this is being treated as a secondary display and my built-in screen remains blank.

Azurael

Azurael

How many Ace Rimmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
Delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and it'll work fine :)

It has nothing to do with the X3100 drivers, but does appear to break them. The X3100 uses AppleIntelX3100FB.kext.

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
I just looked through keplenk's (I'll thank you for everyone with a desktop GMA950 :)) ioreg dump, this might be a really easy fix to get desktop gma950's (possibly even X3000's) working.
I'll post a test release later tonight.
I think it might require a seperate Natit for desktop's and laptops though.

Paulicat.

Serjudo

Serjudo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I think that it would be interest to report this driver to upchuk's team, before they release his leopard version.

Ciao

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi all,

I was wondering what you did to make it work with your GMAX3100. I've tried 3 fresh installs of Leopard and resulted to no joy.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS OF WHAT I DID:

(1) I installed a fresh Leo using Brazilmac ISO and applied the 9a581PostPatch.sh (newer version from RS) and repaired permissions

(2) Since I can only boot to safemode, did it. In safemode, I copied the supplied natit.kext (x3100) by Paulicat to the Extensions folder > Authenticate > repaired permissions

(3) Rebooted. And booted with -v parameter only > It reports that the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB has an error (just like before), Its stuck in the DOS-based looking screen but I can see my mouse moving but it doesnt go any further

(4) Rebooted, this time with -v -x >>> I'm back to safemode. In safemode, I deleted the AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext > clicked ok in password > repaird permissions again.

(5) Rebooted with -v >> It reports saying that X3100 is selected >>> THis time I see a bluescreen >>> 2 secs, then it turns white and distorted (white with partly distored colored also)

(6) Plugged in an external monitor, and the external monitor now is totally distored. I have to reinstall everything again to make things work even with safemode =(

I did 3 installations already. I tried using the original AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from LEO, still no go.

Did I do something wrong? What is the best and right way to copy the supplied natit.kext into my installed Leo?

Thank you very much. I really hope you can help me =)

EDIT:

This Natit enables you to use the leopard X3100 kexts fully and completely.
You don't have to remove anything, all you need to do is chown/chmod this natit and drop it in /System/Library/Extensions.

Paulicat.

Could it be because I didn't do the chown/chmod? How do you do this? Should I boot from the Brazilmac Leo DVD to do this? or just do normal safemode?

Thanks

cloudrainstar

cloudrainstar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
the white/distorted screen means the display is working, but not running at the correct resolution. Try booting with "Graphics Mode"="your screen's native resolution"

enb14

enb14

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Thanks guys, keplenk we will study your ioregdump and we will see (paulicat / Diabolik) if we can enable this injector for GMA950 for desktops.

By the way this is how you should add the Graphics mode thing:

"Graphics Mode"="1600x1200x32@75"

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Hi,

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6400 /w GMA950 and the Natit kext does not seem to work with this, I just get a Black screen as I did previously without the Natit installed and the original framebuffer - I was wondering, are there any plans to support this?

The kext definitely loads, as I see the output from Natit in verbose mode, so it's not that.

If you need anything from me, please ask - just ask here in the topic - not via PM as my PM inbox is constantly full here! :unsure:

The graphics adapter works with the old modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (version 1.4.20.28) but not the original Leopard one (version 1.5.16.0).

Many Thanks,
~mac.nub

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Works perfectly on my X3100 laptop, too.Thanks a lot, paulicat!!

Hi headliner,I'm just curious how you made it work. I can't make it work on my laptop for some reason =( I also have X3100.All I got was this using the natit.kextPosted ImageI was talking with Paulicat but I guess he went to sleep. =(He told me to edit some information like the dev ids in the Info.plistAre you using a different AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext? =( Anyone with X3100 lappys having this problem? Or am I the only one making stuff wrong =(

the white/distorted screen means the display is working, but not running at the correct resolution. Try booting with "Graphics Mode"="your screen's native resolution"

I didn't work for me =( According to Paulicat I was having problems with my Dev ids .. its loading Alkor thing twice .. So I deleted some dev ids in the Info.plist but it doesnt help =(

enb14

enb14

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
You have to add your device ID on gmaInject.kext in Info.plist, for example my device ID is 0x27728086 so check what's yours, and do the chmod, chown, delete cache, etc.

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

You have to add your device ID on gmaInject.kext in Info.plist, for example my device ID is 0x27728086 so check what's yours, and do the chmod, chown, delete cache, etc.

Is this also applicable in GMAX3100?? I dont have any gmaInject.kext in my extension folder?

THanks.

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
http://www.mediafire.com/?bwi3tmxerlw
This is a test version FOR GMA950 DESKTOPS ONLY!
Please test and report success/failure.

keplenk, enb141 is referring to my Natit.kext as gmaInject...there is no driver named gmaInject that I know of.

Paulicat.

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
paulicat - Any chance of this ever working with Dell laptops, such as the Inspiron 6400? - I have one with a GMA950 and am using Leopard GM.

All I currently get, both with and without the driver is a Black screen - The driver does load correctly, but seems to have no effect. Seems my question got skipped :queen:

Cheers,
~mac.nub

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Sorry mac.nub, it seems dell does something silly with their laptop displays...I had someone else test on irc with their dell, and they had the same problem.
Its gonna be near impossible for me to fix it cause I don't have one to test on.

Paulicat.

Flawless Oddity

Flawless Oddity

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
paulicat, your desktop one did not work with my Gigabyte motherboard.

Just to make sure I installed it right... I did.

cp -R ../Natit.kext to Extensions folder
chmod -R 755
chown root:wheel
repaired permissions
rebooted

If I go to System Profiler, and look under extensions I see that Natit.kext/gma950/framebuffer are all loaded, but still only one resolution.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
So if this is a Dell specific issue, how can we identify exactly what the issue is and find a way to work around it?

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi,

After doing a series of troubleshooting steps, I still have the same problem. I've tried deleting (one at a time) some device ids in Info.plist like 0x2a028086 and 0x2a038086 because Alkor loads 2 times in my case. I think I have 0x2a028086 but I still tried it both as per instructions of Paulicat. Having deleted it one at a time, Alkor now loads only 1 time but It still gets stucked on that screen. Out of ideas, I also tried to copy and overwrite the natit.kext included in the brazilmac 9a581PostPatch.sh with the one given by Paulicat and It doesn't freeze after the Alkor but it goes white (this is after a fresh brazilmac ISO install). I tried "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" and it didn't help, still white. This white screen also happens if I use the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer ver 1.5.16 (came from original Leo).

Since alot of people made their X3100 work, I think I'm doing something wrong. Can you please put a detailed instructions on how to make it work.

Btw, this is what I see after applying the natit.kext from Paulicat (using the old AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext version 1.4.20)

Posted Image

Desperate,

Keplenk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy