The Next Mac Cat?

djet

118 posts in this topic

I think Leopard will be the last OS X on the 10.X line, Apple acknowledge that OS X will be for the next 10 years when they launched OS X, so we are in 2008, OS X was launched in 2000, we need two more years to complete 10 years, does this mean we will see OS 11? just time will tell.

I REEEEEALLY doubt that.

I too think Cougar would be the only sane choice.

Yeah - Cougar is doing it for me at the mo also.

I think Leopard will be the last OS X on the 10.X line, Apple acknowledge that OS X will be for the next 10 years when they launched OS X, so we are in 2008, OS X was launched in 2000, we need two more years to complete 10 years, does this mean we will see OS 11? just time will tell.

This is a more serious issue imo - OSX11 doesn't have the same ring to it all! OSX2 perhaps, however this implies it's v12 and not the correct v11.

OS Undecim :D (11 in latin).

Yea......that's {censored}. They aren't actually gonna follow that. They are gonna ride these pussies til they can't go any more. Haha. =]

Apple still has 2 more OS X versions to go until OS 11, or whatever they're gonna call it... Cougar and whatever the next cat is after that..

Apple still has 2 more OS X versions to go until OS 11, or whatever they're gonna call it... Cougar and whatever the next cat is after that..

Who wants to bet they keep the X and start OS X Version 11.0? :D

Although personally, I'd be all up for OS X 10.6 (Regular old cat)

Well thats a load of rubbish in my view. Apple say we are going to ride Mac OS X out after 10 years. We are only on 10.5 partly because the iPhone ate up development time for a new OS.

Besides, we have a whole 2 years to go, though i know we had Tiger for 30 months was it?

we should at least get to 10.8, House Cat..-_-

Mac OS X Cheetah :P

Yeh...You do know they have already had that...the first Mac OS X...

I think both Ocelot and Cougar sound good...

Think Mark

As far as I know, so far they are still considering the name for the next release (Yeah I know, Thank you Captain Obvious). But from what I have heard from my sources is that the next Version of Apples OS is not going to be OS X at all. It's going to be OS 11, or OS XI or something like that... Take a look at Apples history, they don't keep an OS for my that x.5.x so this may indeed be the last version of OS X that we see, before OS 11 comes out... Now don't Quote me on this Apple has proved me wrong before... But for the most part they have kept true to form... LOL