• Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Just download the GameTap Client. That is the GT Cider

equilibriumuk

equilibriumuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I just downloaded the latest gametap client and used the cider from it for DoW:Dark Crusade and all the bugs are fixed ;) :D

The cursor works and the sound is perfect.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed that there is a auto update program for cider in the gametap build?

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War also works :P using the same method as used for Dark Crusade.

logisticprism

logisticprism

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys, first off I'd just like to say thanks. The method of using the GT cider to play Dawn of War has worked perfectly for me so far. This was also after hours of frustration tinkering with crossover. GT cider is hands down the best method for this game at least. There was only one issue I've run into so far, and that's the online play. I added my cd key to the system.reg file, I'll cut and paste below. I was wondering if any of you have gotten the online play for Dark Crusade to successfully work. Even after adding my key, it still says cd authentication failed on the multiplayer screen.

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade]
"CDKEY"="<insert the cd key>"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\DarkCrusade"

Any ideas on this? Thanks.

DrDeath

DrDeath

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Also working:
OutRun 2006 Coast2Coast
Silent Hunter III
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 1942 (with BF2142 Cider)
GTA III
GTA Vice City

equilibriumuk

equilibriumuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hey guys, first off I'd just like to say thanks. The method of using the GT cider to play Dawn of War has worked perfectly for me so far. This was also after hours of frustration tinkering with crossover. GT cider is hands down the best method for this game at least. There was only one issue I've run into so far, and that's the online play. I added my cd key to the system.reg file, I'll cut and paste below. I was wondering if any of you have gotten the online play for Dark Crusade to successfully work. Even after adding my key, it still says cd authentication failed on the multiplayer screen.
"CDKEY"="<insert the cd key>"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\DarkCrusade"

Any ideas on this? Thanks.

I have been trying to get it working online also, but it seems like loads of people using wine are having the exact problem.

Here's the CDKEY codes for system.reg

"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"
"W40KCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"WXPCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\1.00.0000] 

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War] 
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"CDKEY_WXP"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

I still get cdkey authentication errors after replacing the x's with my cdkeys :(

Seems like loads of other people do aswell from looking on the wine AppDB etc. Workd fine on singleplayer tho.

Also to play the other races you also need the other 2 exe's (W40k.exe & W40kWA.exe) which I also have tried but it doesn't seem to make any difference :(

logisticprism

logisticprism

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have been trying to get it working online also, but it seems like loads of people using wine are having the exact problem.

Here's the CDKEY codes for system.reg

"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"W40KCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"WXPCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\1.00.0000] 

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War] 
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"CDKEY_WXP"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

I still get cdkey authentication errors after replacing the x's with my cdkeys :(

Seems like loads of other people do aswell from looking on the wine AppDB etc. Workd fine on singleplayer tho.

Also to play the other races you also need the other 2 exe's (W40k.exe & W40kWA.exe) which I also have tried but it doesn't seem to make any difference :(

I'm gonna do some testing when I get home in a few hours (regarding both the cd key authentication and the multiplayer races), but I bought the dawn of war platinum set a few days ago, and I could play the single player of any race. I'm assuming this is the same for multiplayer as well, although I've only played one of the new ones in skirmish. I do see the original dawn of war files in that directory, but there is no W040k.exe or anything like that. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be. It also didn't even prompt me to enter in keys when I installed the original dawn of war + winter assault on crossover, yet it did when I installed dark crusade. Dark crusade seems to be its own completely separate entity for me.

equilibriumuk

equilibriumuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I'm gonna do some testing when I get home in a few hours (regarding both the cd key authentication and the multiplayer races), but I bought the dawn of war platinum set a few days ago, and I could play the single player of any race. I'm assuming this is the same for multiplayer as well, although I've only played one of the new ones in skirmish. I do see the original dawn of war files in that directory, but there is no W040k.exe or anything like that. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be. It also didn't even prompt me to enter in keys when I installed the original dawn of war + winter assault on crossover, yet it did when I installed dark crusade. Dark crusade seems to be its own completely separate entity for me.

You can play singleplayer any race without any cdkey in the registry at all :D

If you look on the official relic forums, playing all races on multiplayer on a standalone DC install has always been a bit of a problem. Altho it can be overcome by manually adding the registry keys for DoW+WA and also copying the original DoW+WA EXE's.

Here is the howto on getting all races in multiplayer with only DC installed (without DoW/WA).

logisticprism

logisticprism

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You can play singleplayer any race without any cdkey in the registry at all :D

If you look on the official relic forums, playing all races on multiplayer on a standalone DC install has always been a bit of a problem. Altho it can be overcome by manually adding the registry keys for DoW+WA and also copying the original DoW+WA EXE's.

Here is the howto on getting all races in multiplayer with only DC installed (without DoW/WA).

Ok so far still no dice. I used your registry entries and replaced them with my keys, I used the ones I posted before. I even used the complete and original system.reg from crossover, which is where I installed it. This makes no sense because the registry entries from crossover contain all the entries originally created by the installation of DoW:DC. I know some people somewhere must have this working, and it's becoming very irritating.

equilibriumuk

equilibriumuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Ok so far still no dice. I used your registry entries and replaced them with my keys, I used the ones I posted before. I even used the complete and original system.reg from crossover, which is where I installed it. This makes no sense because the registry entries from crossover contain all the entries originally created by the installation of DoW:DC. I know some people somewhere must have this working, and it's becoming very irritating.

I tried for a while, but gave up in the end. I'm just going to use the cider version for now to get some skirmish practice.

I booted into windows and have everything on full, FSAA on, high detail models and highpoly on. The FPS on windows, even with the high camera mod is completely stable with all of this on. But on cider, the fps was fluctuating on fights ^_^

I have exported my DoW + DoW:DC registry to a .reg file now, so might give it one last try using those values. Altho I doubt it will make any difference :blink:

logisticprism

logisticprism

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I tried for a while, but gave up in the end. I'm just going to use the cider version for now to get some skirmish practice.

I booted into windows and have everything on full, FSAA on, high detail models and highpoly on. The FPS on windows, even with the high camera mod is completely stable with all of this on. But on cider, the fps was fluctuating on fights :(

I have exported my DoW + DoW:DC registry to a .reg file now, so might give it one last try using those values. Altho I doubt it will make any difference :)

Yeah, I think you're right. Cider cannot completely replace a separate windows installation. It looks like I might just give in and install bootcamp.

HotBreeze

HotBreeze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I cannot play Medal of Honor Allied Assault and others. The registry keys are correct, but when I see the Cider error on Console (cider_nogui) it tells that have a lack of fonts or something...

krazee.eyez

krazee.eyez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Has anyone tried Vice City with Leopard?
It seems to work fine, but when I try a mission, and it cuts to the video, it goes to black and basically crashes....

Any one else had the same? ;)

manooka

manooka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Has anyone had a go at Porting the PC version of Tiger Woods 08 with Cider? The new EA games for Mac are not for sale outside the US, I have had a go but can't seam to get it to work... but then again I'm probably doing something wrong.

-Ussu

-Ussu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I like tryed Tony Hawk's Underground 2
But its soooooo laggy, like unplayable laggy, 1fps. in the menu its fast, but ingame soooo laggy.
Also the music dosn't work.
MAybe it is because that i didnt do the .dll-s thing when I made the game. I didn't understand the switch the dll-s part.

manooka

manooka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Transformers The Game also doesn't work...

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
New NFS Pro Street won't work :D

MacApprentice

MacApprentice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
To anyone who got Oblivion to work : I tried to run it to no avail with the GT Cider. I used a clean Oblivion with the latest patch installed and no DVD patch from GCW, and it stills complain about no dvdrom on the system. I tried adding a cdrom to the Cider config file but it doesn't work, anyone could help?

dutchiee (=

dutchiee (=

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Hey, i must be really stupid,but like Mac Apprentice i cant find the GameTap Client. MacA may have found it but i have searched google for the GameTap client to no avail :thumbsup_anim:
could someone post a link.. or point me in the right direction please?

MacApprentice

MacApprentice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
you just have to try and download one of the free gametap game and you'll have a link to download the free client :D
Still no luck with Oblivion, plz guys, any help?

Guest: super dooper_*

Guest: super dooper_*
  • Guests

I cannot play Medal of Honor Allied Assault and others. The registry keys are correct, but when I see the Cider error on Console (cider_nogui) it tells that have a lack of fonts or something...

forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't there already a mac installer for that game or am I thinking linux?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy