• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

dvd

dvd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
note: if you've already installed certain languages for tiger os x, you are forced to upgrade it in the leopard installation. so is there a way to "uninstall" languages from the tiger os?

rathalos

rathalos

i H4XX0R B1LL GaT3s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
u might wanna try fiddling around with /Library/Reciepts and see how far that can take u... cos leopard might read the base system's installed method through the receipts generated...

Cryptic Clues

Cryptic Clues

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

so is there a way to "uninstall" languages from the tiger os?

Try Monolingual
http://www.macupdate...nfo.php/id/7758

or XSlimmer
http://www.macupdate.../23200/xslimmer

Lactobacillus P

Lactobacillus P

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Worked great on my G4 - look in my sig - but as it is running a little slower than my OSX 10.4.10 installation I have kicked it off the second drive and am back to 9.2 and 10.4.10 again.
Probably will install Leopard - gold when new software demands it. But for me there is no real need to switch to Leopard for a while.
Nice eyecandy, different from OSX 10.4, not sure if I like all the changes though....
probably have gotten used to the 10.3 and 10.4 look for years now. Time for a change....not yet ;)

deniser

deniser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi, can anyone help me here please.

I have followed all the instructions and all ok for burning the dvd. I get to that last minute of installation and it crashes. I have even downloaded another copy of leopard burnt to SL DVD and the same thing happens at the end of installation.

In the log error I get,

localhost /Volumes/Mac Leopard/private/tmp/scripts.RzeB/ ./postinstall[426] File does not exist, Will create /Volumes/Mac /leopard/Library/prefernces/com.apple.pcast_integration.plist

Then I get

Could not save crash report to disk

Then I get a huge list of the crash report.

Like I said I downloaded Leopard again in case I had a problem with the first download. I have burnt several DVDs and have also gone through the process of creating a SL DVD several times, and I get the same thing happening.

I have the new (only couple weeks old) iMac 2.4 ghz C2D with 3gb ram. I am running Tiger on my iMac

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Lactobacillus P

Lactobacillus P

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Hi, can anyone help me here please.

I have followed all the instructions and all ok for burning the dvd. I get to that last minute of installation and it crashes. I have even downloaded another copy of leopard burnt to SL DVD and the same thing happens at the end of installation.

In the log error I get,

localhost /Volumes/Mac Leopard/private/tmp/scripts.RzeB/ ./postinstall[426] File does not exist, Will create /Volumes/Mac /leopard/Library/prefernces/com.apple.pcast_integration.plist

Then I get

Could not save crash report to disk

Then I get a huge list of the crash report.

Like I said I downloaded Leopard again in case I had a problem with the first download. I have burnt several DVDs and have also gone through the process of creating a SL DVD several times, and I get the same thing happening.

I have the new (only couple weeks old) iMac 2.4 ghz C2D with 3gb ram. I am running Tiger on my iMac

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Your 'couple of weeks old iMac' probably is no PPC machine but an Intel machine, this only works for PPC real macs.
End of this month Leopard will be released so perhaps it's better to wait for the official release and put that on your mac!

deniser

deniser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Your 'couple of weeks old iMac' probably is no PPC machine but an Intel machine, this only works for PPC real macs.
End of this month Leopard will be released so perhaps it's better to wait for the official release and put that on your mac!

Thanks for that

casperionx

casperionx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i've found that disk utility doesnt give me upto date stats on the size of the sparse image file...it keeps saying 1 gig free...

deniser

deniser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Well, I've done it and am writing this is Leopard !!!!

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Ok. The full version has leaked. Does this method work with the final Gold Master?

marliwahoo

marliwahoo

Marliwahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Ok. The full version has leaked. Does this method work with the final Gold Master?

Yes - it works. I'm on 9a581 now - installed from a single layer dvd.

nikolas

nikolas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
What else did you delete other than Xcode and the printer drivers to get it down to 4.3gb? I could only slim it down to 4.5 like this with the GM build.

complex

complex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
9A581 from a single layer DVD here too.

I removed Xcode, all printer drivers, and all languages. The final size was 4.2 GB I believe.

uwaterloo

uwaterloo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OMG, I just bought DVD+R DL today~~after that, I saw this topic

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
and you guys are using the method in the OP or a different one?

falloutme

falloutme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Is there anyway i can burn it on a Windows PC? My Macbook doesn't burn DVD : (

Telephones

Telephones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

anyway, if u do this method of creating a install DVD, the boot time is 15min before it reaches the installer... thats the downside of this method... YMMV...

Can anyone tell me if this is still true as of the GM? I tried this and I thought the system was hanging, but maybe it was just taking a long time. (I doubt I waited more than 15 minutes.)

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I can confirm that this method works... just make sure you follow it step by step and dont take any liberties

Telephones

Telephones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Can anyone tell me if this is still true as of the GM? I tried this and I thought the system was hanging, but maybe it was just taking a long time. (I doubt I waited more than 15 minutes.)

Anybody? I think mine is going on a half hour now... should I give up, or let it keep going?

(It's at the part where you'd be at the grey Apple logo with the spinny thing. I started it up with cmd-V, so it's showing me the console... the last messages are something to do with Bluetooth, though they don't look like error messages.)

rathalos

rathalos

i H4XX0R B1LL GaT3s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Well, if u have a spare tiny hdd lying around, restore it to a hdd... that one i seriously die die recommend...

took me 15min to install 9a581 from first start.... blazing fast if u do it from a hdd....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy