How to squeeze Leopard to a SL-DVD

rathalos

174 posts in this topic

is there a way to disable from the package the PRINTER and X11 by default?

so that everytime we install it, we dont have to uncheck those options mention above.

thanks

If you edit the OSInstall.mpkg you can make it so those items are no longer able to be installed.

im working from the 9A581 build... is it possible to use these instructions?? i cant seem to get this method to work that is described here it always has an error regarding it cant find the disc or somemthing right at the end..... thanks again everyone

##############################################

######## REAL GUIDE HOW TO BURN ON SINGLE LAYER DISK######

##############################################

The other guides give an large image. This one is the real deal.

Look for a program called Carbon Copy Cloner on google.

Open the image in the program and deselect

Xcode Tools

Under System/Installation/Packages you will need to deselect some Printer Drivers and some language files.

I only left the one I really use.

Use disk utility and create a new image, size 4.7GB (SL DVD) and use this image as the destination in Carbon. Otherwise you might end up with a big file (7GB) with only 4GB of data on which isn't burnable on a SL DVD.

Remember to deselect the same files under the installations options or the install will fail.

IF YOU WANT ALL THE LANGUAGES FILES JUST INSTALL EACH PKG AFTER.

RAD

hey everyone. did al of this and burned on single dvd but when i insert it says resart so i do but whn it restarts it simply displays the apple logo with the spinning circle underneath and i can hear the drive spinning. iv left it like this for 1 hour and nothing happened. please help. thanks everyone

i have the EXACT problem of you ddh213 and i really don't know how i can solve it !

I tried burning from tiger at least twice or 3 times but it's always the same : it seems it boots but then i see only the spinning circle running ... no dvd spinning, nothin at all .

I waited for more than 2 hours !

It seems something gets broken with the single-layer shrink method !

PLEASE HELP !!

Mal

Thanks guys, but I also wondering if it is possible to rip the PPC binaries out too (and vice versa), to make the disk smaller (like maybe half size).

Were you able to do this successfully? If so, how much space did it save?

i have a problem with leopard. i can't install. i see 2 dif. error message on install leopard (try 2 time).

1 "The installer could not validate the contents of the "Essentials" package etc"

2 "The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

have this version, full, on to DL DVD. I have 2 full version, from 2 posted kit. I try install this versions after formated disk. Nothing. I read gest error mesage. I don't know to do. Reinstalled mac os tiger, no problem.

System: iMac 24", 2,16 GHz, 2Gb RAM, 250 Gb HDD, nVidia 7300.

I forget this: after checking verifing disc, i receive this message: "there was a problem reading your disc. Carefully clean the disc and try reinstalling". After message, i using disc utility and i check the disc. The program does not check any error on my disc. I reformated my HDD, but i receive same message, and after i can't install mac os x 10.5 .

Help please!

post-149183-1194138737_thumb.jpg

post-149183-1194138911_thumb.jpg

i use a hackintosh with 10.4.9 to make a bootable SL image. but everytime i insert the SL-DVD into my ibook, it cant boot from it. my ibook recognizes the dvd and shows the content (except the big X in the background from the finder window) but everything else fails. has anyone any idea on how to fix that?

I found a problem during the process: my disk utility is bugged, so i can't restore the original disc image to the spareimage one.. I was trying to do it from the console, but i'm not so good.. Do you have any info about it? or another software to do it with instead of Disk Utility?

Meowy:

QUOTE(rals2007 @ Oct 30 2007, 08:13 PM) post_snapback.gifMeowy: So it mean after i edit the osinstall.mpkg, i can install

the leopard dvd without going into CUSTOM installation?

Yes, extract the mpkg and edit the Distribution file

But what string should i edit in the distribution file? so that i can install leopard dvd without going into custom installation?

thanks

i have a problem installing Leo. the installer would not start. i squeezed the OS into a single layered DVD by following the guide here. basically, when its suppose to restart by using the DVD the installer doesnt start up. it just starts up Tiger. it took ahwile, but it just would not start up through the DVD.i did read a member had the similar problem but no solution. can anyone give any solution?

I've got the exact same problem here... :blink:

burned several discs now but none of them work... I get the install screen but after the restart the disc will not be read...

it's an iMac flatscreen 800mhz and I have the correct files modified and deleted...

anyone? pleeaassse....

tia

i have a problem installing Leo. the installer would not start. i squeezed the OS into a single layered DVD by following the guide here. basically, when its suppose to restart by using the DVD the installer doesnt start up. it just starts up Tiger. it took ahwile, but it just would not start up through the DVD.i did read a member had the similar problem but no solution. can anyone give any solution?

I've got the exact same problem here... :blink:

burned several discs now but none of them work... I get the install screen but after the restart the disc will not be read...

it's an iMac flatscreen 800mhz and I have the correct files modified and deleted...

anyone? pleeaassse....

tia

the same? wow.

btw, have we probably burned the wrong image? the image that should be burnt was the .sparseimage right?

Cubric:

Had the same problem before.

i wasted several dvd just to overcome this problem. All i did is LOCK the image then used the disk utility to burn. I don't know what is the connection of that LOCK. But it worked for me. Burned several dvd using the same method was a success.

Try it, then post the result here

Cubric: Nice to hear!. Enjoy Leopard!

When you Locked it through the Get Info option and burnt it through Disk Utility, is it still in sparseimage or you converted it first to dmg and burn it with disk utility?