Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

I have a problem I have installed tubgirl's release and it installed fine but just before it gets to the login screen or the blue screen at all it right after it detects my network cards it has a kernal panic but i can start it in safe mode the last release that worked fine on my pc was jas 10.4.8.

as for specs i have a x1900xt amd x2 4200, sata 250gb wd hdd, asus mvp deluxe ( the ati crossfire board i forget its full name) and a asus sata dvd burner if anyone can help that would be sweet i have tried with and without the ati drivers that come with this release and the same thing happens :(

md5 : tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD TEST 1 = c37d22317918c595ad2bd4dc78bc7b1c

md5: of my tubgirl 10.4.10 TEST 1 = 27372FD22317918C595AD2BD4DC788C7B1C

I guess thats the reason i have been having probs. Is there any seeds we can trust now, or a way I can fix this ?

md5 dosnt check out for my uphuck 1.3 either. both from the green demon.

Installed this at the end of last week... the 10.4.10.

My system:

eMachines t3410 (my trench warrior... not robust out of the box, but takes a beating)

Sempron 3400+ @ 2.0 GHz (Socket 754)

nForce 4 Chipset and integrated periphs

nVidia GeForce 6600 GT

2 GB DDR

1 x 150 GB PATA

2 x 250 SATA

The only thing that I can't get to work is the network.

Everything else, however, including USB Periphs and my wireless HIDs, are working fast. Aside from the network issue, the nforce 4 integrated ethernet, everything is tight and running well... no crashes, no exceptions. On install, ran through the whole process in about 20 to 30 mins from CD boot to restart. The system is very tight... I was actually surprised on how responsive and fast the system was and how much built-in access I had... all my SATA drives were present even in install, including my flash drives.

It doesn't like to be interrupted at the boot timer... I have to let it count down to zero and boot on its own. If I hit enter or disturb the boot counter, it gives me errors on startup and eventually just crashes out at trying to start the login widow. If I just leave it, it starts up fine. This extends to Chain0 via BCD... if I boot the system by setting the OSX partition as active, everythin is perfect. If I try via Vista's BCD through the Chain0, I get the errors when loading the system. This is not a big deal to me since I have no problem flagging partitions as I need them using either OS X or Vista, but it may cause a prob for others if they are experiencing it.

I have XP and Vista on the drive as well. OSX is installed to partition 3, Vista on Part 2, and XP on part 1. I shrunk Partition 2 to accomodate this OSX install. Nothing about my system or install was clean, but I had no problems or corruption anywhere. Before installing, I did create the new partition as id=af in Vista's diskpart before I installed since creating the partition in DiskUtil will harm the other parts in install since it will try and write its own MBR.

If anyone has any suggestions on getting the ethernet up and running, let me know... I'd be glad to hear it or try anything on my setup if you want someone to experiment. Tried the oldie but goodie forcedeth (forcedeth-nockd) kexts with no luck. I see the kext loading and it gets accepted, but I see no ethernet link coming up or notifications in the logs of anything ethernet related.

I'm about to try an install to a VMWare virtual machine.

VMWare install was painfully slow to use... though all periphs were preset with no hitches.

Still wanted to solve the native install's networking woes.

Went and picked up a $7 generico Realtek 8139D card to see if I could get the 10.4.10 networking going since it was not liking the NForce4 integ.

Installing from 10.4.8 (JaS) then upgrading to 10.4.10 seems to handle many problems I had on my setup, including periphs, drives, and such.

After doing what I could for the network, I finally just did the 10.4.8 install. I copied the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.8 to a backup location.

After the 10.4.10 upgrade, ethernet and nVidia were on the outs.

I swapped in the IONetworkingFamily.kext I had saved from the 10.4.8 original install and when I rebooted, network was in tip-top... for the Realtek the Nforce4 integ NIC is still a no go even with other fixes and attempts.

During the upgrade, the option to upgrade the NV40 package was unavailable... after the upgrade, video was detected correctly, but the niceties were unavailable (QE et al)... I just went into the System/Install/Packages folder on the 10.4.10 disc and manually ran the NV40 install package then rebooted... everything was tip-top and I am writing to you from a nice new 10.4.10 environment.

All the apps in OSX are working correctly and all my thrid-party apps (Flock, Firefox, Adium, Thunderbird, Office 2004, Printing to Epson Stylus CX3810, Azureus, Cyberduck, MPlayer) are working flawlessly.

This is my first OSX86 install and it went smoothly and very straightforward and it produced a rock solid system... smoothly also meaning that if a problem was encountered a little research and some elbow grease usually got it fixed.

But nothing's really more fun than breaking something and then having to fix it so you can see how things work so I'm gonna see how far the system can go...

Not bad for an eMachines T3410... usually these little puppies are quite disposable with weak motherboards and such... this little one is holding on for the ride, however.

Installs and runs great on an HP Pavilion dv9000 series notebook native and in vmware, Turion X2 TL64, dual sata drives. But cpu utilization pegs at 90-100% at idle both native and in vmware on both cores - any other dual core users out there with a similar problem? As a result, the fan runs at full blast....

ok did the fresh install of jas's version started that and it booted fine then restarted stuck the 10.4.10 dvd in ran the upgrade ontop of the jas one still have the same problem it waits after it detects the network cards for a bit then just has a panic and restarts doesn't give me enough time to read what the problem is :)

I grabbed a new version of the iso, this time the rarred one that myzar originally uploaded, below is a screenshot of where the vmware installation Panics, can anyone shed any light on this ?

ps. image is mounted in demon tools not internal vmware mounting.

vmware.halt.JPG

Ok i have solved my problem sorta it was my wireless card which is a dlink dwl g520 revB i removed the driver file and now it boots but that means no wireless which is what i want is there any other versions of this driver to try as its not having a kernal panic anymore since i removed the file and repaired the permissions

Can someone xplain this MBR option?

what do i need to do to install this?

When U start up the Disk Utility to format the drive/partition, click on the Partition button and options button and use "Master Boot Record" to partition/format the drive/partition.

:D Thank you Tubgirl.

And thank you Sebasb for the grey screen and apple logo.

That's (I think) because the file com.apple.Boot.plist, has the value <Kernel Flags> set to -v. I've removed it but remotely and rebooted, but I have yet to see if it worked

I've been running Tubgirl 10.4.8 with no problem since day one. I tried 10.4.10 (on a seperate SATA HDD) and everything works perfect there as well.

Running XBENCH, 10.4.10 scores higher in everything but Lock Contention. I get 130-134 under 10.4.10 but score 200-210 running 10.4.8.

Every other score in XBENCH is comparible or better in 10.4.10.

Any ideas why I would get that low of a number in the newer version? - And is it even something that I should worry about?

Thanks!

Got it working relatively good on a fresh install

install with nv40 drivers, ALC850 sound and graphics worked from the beginning

even my WLAN worked during the first startup, altough it wasn't displayed as WLAN when i checked, so I couldn't change any network settings.

Fixed my DWL-G520 rev. B by opening a Terminal and doing

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext/Contents/Info.plist

searching for the device ids and adding "pci168c,13" to it,

exit with ctrl-x and save

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

and switch around the entries of BSDName and InterfaceUnit for the nforce4 lan and the wlan (en0 to en1, InterfaceUnit 0 to 1 and vice versa)

ctrl-x, save, repair permission, reboot.

Upon opening network configuration it was recognized as AirPort

Sleep doesn't work unfortunately, I've already read about a 100 posts from people who did and didnt get it to work, and I wonder if anyone with an amd ssytem/nforce can actually do Sleep. I tried changing the sleep state in the bios from S1 to S3, to no effect.

I'll try again with different graphics drivers, I read a post where that had an effect.

md5 : tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD TEST 1 = c37d22317918c595ad2bd4dc78bc7b1c

md5: of my tubgirl 10.4.10 TEST 1 = 27372FD22317918C595AD2BD4DC788C7B1C

I guess thats the reason i have been having probs. Is there any seeds we can trust now, or a way I can fix this ?

md5 dosnt check out for my uphuck 1.3 either. both from the green demon.

I have the same problem.. get the same errors right after I press ENTER to install OSX. I am using the jas 10.4.8 release though. I'm downloading the tubgirl release right now and will try it later. Where can I get the hashes for the jas release?

Asus A8N-E nForce4

AMD 3500+ CPU

Pioneer 110D DVD Drive

Can I use a single SATA drive (no RAID) with my A8N-SLI Nforce4 board or is there still no way to do a native install with SATA?

I already use 2 SATA-drives in RAID with WinXP and now I would like to add a boot manager and then (try to) install tubgirl's OSX-version on a seperate drive but I am still not sure if I can buy another SATA drive and use it without problems or if I would have to buy an IDE drive?

Any help would be highly appreciated.