• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

armus2112

armus2112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
How quickly do Brokenstones accounts get created after the request typically? anyone?

jackoverfull

jackoverfull

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Linux, Games, a Bit of Programming
no idea.

Rhapsody Man

Rhapsody Man

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm glad to find a current Rhapsody forum. :(

Does anyone know where to get a working version of Mac OS X Server. PM me.

Thank you

armus2112

armus2112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Bad news... the brokenstones version of Rhapsody DR2 PPC .image has checksum 2d0c2da7d1543a538a5e40ee13f71256 and shows this error when booting from cd

"Sorry, the desktop folder on the startup disk could not be created. Try unlocking the disk."

It seems noone has ever successfully ripped a Rhapsody DR2 PPC install cd.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
Damn.

Yeah theres a lot of people out there who think they have DR2 PPC. I guess they never tried installing it.

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
Anyone know if there any similarities between the Cirrus Logic 5000 series and the CL 7000 series? I have an old Compaq LTE 5250(120Mhz pentium 1, 32Mb ram, 3GB HDD) that i've been trying to get working with Rhapsody, but I can't get any colour out of the Cirrus Logic GD7543 graphics adapter.

johnyboy

johnyboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a real copy of Rhapsody dr2 here is a link but i am not the one who is hosting it

it includes drivers for vmware and iso files so you can burn them or use them to emulate it in vmware
note that this is the x86 so dont try it on a mac i dont know where a ppc copy is i might find one somewhere.

Ive tested it and it should install if you want a vmware image email me for a link also not hosted by me!

Ive included 3 apps for Rhapsody they include

fiend-a next step dock for rhapsody
doom-do i need to explain this?
tiny installer-a better installer for rhapsody really importent so you dont have to the terminal

Here is a site for more apps too http://www.rhapsodyos.org/

Thats about it if you can find omni web for rhapsody or open up i will thank you greatly

Attached Files

AndreTheDark

AndreTheDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The vmware driver link is not working. Does anyone have a good link to download vmware drivers for rhapsody?
It doesnt run well under vmware. The mouse jumps randomly. It worked better when I instelled it on real hardware. VirtualBOX allows it to install but doesnt boot afterwards. VirtualPC doesnt even run the installer, just boots up to Mach OS screen and hangs there. I guess this OS should run on some real hardware in stead of a virutal hardware solution,

anyways, Omniweb is still downloadable, its just the archive is not accesable over ftp anymore but over http
There the OmniWeb Download goes:
http://www.omnigroup.../MacOSX-Server/

edit:typoes

Yoshi_

Yoshi_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:this, that, etc...
Hey guys. Sorry for bumping up an old post. I was looking for Rhapsody and I found this page via google. I saw earlier on in this topic that somebody had a copy of Copland. I had no idea that apple even got to a point where a usable version of Copland was released (or leaked?)

I was wondering if somebody could send me a copy of Copland and Rhapsody (X86), or link me to where they're downloadable from. I'm also trying to find a copy of OS X Server 1.2 so I can put my old G4 to good use.

akiwiguy

akiwiguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can I get this to run on a PIII 733MhZ with 256MB RAM?

macdudeosx

macdudeosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello!

Sorry for the bump. I would like a copy of Rhapsody DR 1 or 2, if anyone here is left. I have a copy of Openstep 4.2 user and developer with boot floppies and would gladly share, I'v got an old server to host all of this on. As we all know, Openstep 4.2 was the last release of NeXT before Apple bought it. PM me :)

jsmth

jsmth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Search for "rhapsody dr2 x86" in the bay full of guys with beards saying "aaaarrr", it's still there. :)

jackoverfull

jackoverfull

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
As per recent PM request I'm reupping Rhapsody DR2 for X86. Anyone interested can download it here.

I'm not really interested in rhapsody at this time, but this page may be useful to those who are.

johnyboy

johnyboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sorry but your upload does not work at all for me what am i going to do with .fs floppy images their is no way for me to convert them what do i do? it was allot easyeir when it was on a pre installed vmware disk

jackoverfull

jackoverfull

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I don't remember what was exactly in that package (I used it years ago and now i'm not really interested in testing it again. The file is stored somewhere on an hd), anyway i remember clearly that i successfully installed it under virtual pc (or was it guest pc?).

johnyboy

johnyboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have installed nextstep 3.3 on vmware fine but the only reason i cant install this is because of the floppys by the way has anybody been able to get networking on nextstep in vmware?

cat_7

cat_7

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
In VMWare, just use the floppy files as floppy images to boot from. Change to the device drivers image when asked, read the screen and select appropriate drivers for you virtual hardware. It works.

ARMAGEDDON

ARMAGEDDON

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:*nix<br />*mac
Posted Image

Who Want some?? :)

jackoverfull

jackoverfull

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
8.2? 8.7? ;) I guess they became 8.5 and 9.0 in the final release…

I'd love to try the DPs of os x, but I don't have the hardware to run them anymore… :D

Yoshi_

Yoshi_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:this, that, etc...

Posted Image

Who Want some?? :P

Oh yes, please! I'm interested in the copland and the Rhapsody dr2's and bluebox that you have. I used to have them but I lost them when the drive they were stored on died :P

I have NeXTSTEP 3.3 (intel), OS X DP1 through 4, OS X Server 1.2, OS X Server 1.2 developer cd and Yellowbox for windowx DR1 and DR2 if anybody's interested

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy