• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
My Pentium 2 machine has an OS! :-) took 6 hours, 3 CD drives and 2 installs but I think I have it....

OK cool it boots and it runs and I quite like the look of it, the feel is very similiar to OS X and I'm looking forward to educating myself. But its in black and white :-( The card is an onboard Intel from 1998, but the generic VGA or SVGA drivers are only letting me use black and white, which obviously doesn't look all that great.

Any ideas? Apologies if this is documented elsewhere, I searched RacerXs page but couldn't find anything. Maybe I missed something, its half 3 in the morning and my eyes are blurry (I'm quite determined...)

Edited by Embio, 30 December 2006 - 03:29 AM.

Tush

Tush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Here you can find a couple of video cards that are supported by Rhapsody: http://www.rhapsodyos.org/

Im running Rhapsody on my PII PC too, and all I did to get the colours was buying an old S3 Trio, and it works like a charm with the Rhapsody driver.

AriX

AriX

InsanelyGeeky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

:( I will and I have, I've placed it up on Demonoid and it has been seeded to alot of people. I'm not going to post a link to it but I'm going to make you look up My Account and then My Torrents XD

Er... How do you do that?

Panda200x

Panda200x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Just search for Rhapsody DR2 x86 and get the one that was uploaded by Panda200x :hysterical:

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
Cheers Tush, but I had seen the graphics card lists. I was just wondering if there was a step I had missed - not to worry, I have an S3 based PCI card I can get to work with it, hopefully.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

Er... How do you do that?

i allready gave you a copy like months ago... ? :)

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
Pleased to report the S3 Diamondback did the trick! The Apple logo is now in glorious technicolour. I think im a fully paid up Rhapsody convert, I just installed it on a laptop I got today.

I'm a little confused though, I cant get it to respond to pings over my network, and I dont know the command to send one, assuming there is a command. not important.

Edited by Embio, 05 January 2007 - 10:13 PM.

mfbernstein

mfbernstein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for being a pest, but if anyone has suggestions where to look for DR2 now that Panda200X's distro doesn't seem to be on demon, I'd be really grateful. My CD (burned from an original in 1998) is now long past being readable. So much for CDs as long-term storage :-( Happy Rhapsodying!

mac-mini

mac-mini

1337 avatar made by Prawker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
LOL i still have the original link to rhapsody and it still works :unsure: PM me for it

Panda200x

Panda200x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Sorry for being a pest, but if anyone has suggestions where to look for DR2 now that Panda200X's distro doesn't seem to be on demon, I'd be really grateful. My CD (burned from an original in 1998) is now long past being readable. So much for CDs as long-term storage :-( Happy Rhapsodying!

Mine disappeared after the UDP trackers went down. But there is another one, which has a spelling mistake on it

Search for
Spoiler

empyphil

empyphil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I got it working in virtual pc a while ago, not a lot to do with it ^_^

Panda200x

Panda200x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
;) If networking functioned I'd use it as an IRC chat thing, but java and firefox probably won't compile on Rhapsody.

estaban

estaban

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, Ive read trough this thread and now I really want to try this Rhapsody DR2 OS out!
So is there any link still available to the iso files of the Rhapsody disk(s) ?
I'll see if it runs on my macbook !

Thanks in advance.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts
dont spam, pm me, pm s sent this time.

jackoverfull

jackoverfull

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Linux, Games, a Bit of Programming
there is one still on demonoid, but it will not work on a macbook (at least the sata hd will not be recognized).

mac-mini

mac-mini

1337 avatar made by Prawker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
if there isn't bochs for OS X you can run bootcamp and run bochs on it

jackoverfull

jackoverfull

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Linux, Games, a Bit of Programming

if there isn't bochs for OS X you can run bootcamp and run bochs on it

i'm sure that there is one: i used it a couple of years ago

douggle

douggle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
could you send me a pm at the speed of light? I ve been anxious to get ahold of a copy of rhapsody i have a box that will work perfect with it :(

Thrawnhex

Thrawnhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Yes it would be nice to send me a PM at the speed of light, too. What do i need for intel, only another CD?

Edit: I found out. I need the Intel Rhapsody DR2 Disk!

Thanks

supersean579

supersean579

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm looking for some help. I have been trying to install Rhapsody DR2 in the Q emulator on a mac. It takes me all the way up to the config screen, but the mouse won't move so I can configure it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Supersean579

Attached File  Q_Screenshot_1.png   8.63KB   51 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy