OS X Customization - The Application List

52 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, if I'm not mistaken, HimmelBar is an application kinda like the start menu on Windoze? Wondering... If so, what's the tweak to get rid of the dock, with the option to bring it back, of course? And, is there a way to locate the finder at the bottom? I know, I know, Windoze sorta but, does anyone know? Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bikedude880
Ok, if I'm not mistaken, HimmelBar is an application kinda like the start menu on Windoze? Wondering... If so, what's the tweak to get rid of the dock, with the option to bring it back, of course? And, is there a way to locate the finder at the bottom? I know, I know, Windoze sorta but, does anyone know? Thanks!

Either what Taylor said, or just press Command+Option+D , works like a charm.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For those of you who like himmelbar and spotlight for searching and application launching, there is a program that was mentioned in the second post in passing, that doesn't do justice to how incredible it is.

It is called Quicksilver. It isn't only a launcher, it is an incredible interface for quickly zipping through every kind of process on your Mac. Do a brief Google search for "Quicksilver" or "Quicksilver Mac", and you will see all the people who are obsessed with it and swear by it. Here is a demo video of it in action on YouTube, to show what it is capable of. There are actually 3 videos, but this is the first in the three-set series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvFUhTqKK4

It is one of the most almighty and die-hard apps for any system, anywhere. Seriously, do the Google search I mentioned, read about it.

-3nigma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is there any way by which i can change the white of the mac?? that is like in the world's most sold OS is it possible to change the theme (not only icons) of the desktop

If you're talking about the way the windows and menubar look, then ShapeShifter is what you want.

• 4 months later...
Re: Quicksilver

It is one of the most almighty and die-hard apps for any system, anywhere. Seriously, do the Google search I mentioned, read about it.

-3nigma

Dude I followed your advice and all i can say is - awesome!

Quicksilver is actually really good - I never thought I'd need it, but I can use it with iTunes and stuff, and because of the triggers I can set up, I can integrate it with SideTrack (trackpad software) so I can use the corner taps to play/pause and stuff.

I was using sizzling keys before for that, but I don't need to anymore as I'll be running quicksilver all the time anyway!

Iest

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
http://facadeapp.com/

Not released yet, they said by Christmas, but that's the second deadline they missed.

If you read their blog.... then you would realise that they have decided to release it after Snow Leopard is released, so they everyone can theme Snow Leopard straight away... They are doing this by having a AAPL Developer Membership, and then fiddling around with Snow Leopard... They will then have it ready for SL as soon as it's launched..

If you read their blog.... then you would realise that they have decided to release it after Snow Leopard is released, so they everyone can theme Snow Leopard straight away... They are doing this by having a AAPL Developer Membership, and then fiddling around with Snow Leopard... They will then have it ready for SL as soon as it's launched..

Do you even look at the stuff you read before you decide to respond to it? My post was in JANUARY, what month is it now preytell and what month was that post on their blog you are referring to made?

Think before you speak.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

shapeshifter not working here had to uninstall it :unsure:

and they mainly cost -_-

also BravoTunes and Hyperspaces are good apps

BravoTunes controls itunes from menu

Hyperspaces lets you give spaces names and different wallpapers

(free version of Hyperspaces lets you use three spaces you need to pay for more :()

• 3 years later...