What happened to win2osx.net?

opieum

82 posts in this topic

Yes, I have tried Maxxuss's new stuff. I patched my 10.4.3 and booted it up on my Intel 915GL, onboard graphics, Celeron 330J and it is lovely. I did have to patch my AC97 sound card afterwards but that is no biggie. Now my box screams along and everyting, even DVD Player works!!

Also, I tend to agree that it is traffic issues as the site seems to go down every time Maxxuss puts some new cutting edge info out there, but I will NOT hold that against him. Just give the server some time and the site pops back up. It's that explaination or they are updating the site as well because after every blackout, the latest news has changed as well.

Borisbadenov, did you use VMWare, or did you natively boot off the DVD? If you did it natively, what boot options did you choose? Mine keeps rebooting!

Borisbadenov, did you use VMWare, or did you natively boot off the DVD? If you did it natively, what boot options did you choose? Mine keeps rebooting!

I booted it natively from the DVD. It took many failed efforts til I looked at my BIOS and saw that it was not properly set up, I did not have my NX controls switched on but after fixing this small oversight (and kicking myself in the head) the install went smoothly. Until I did change my BIOS, mine too kept rebooting. It did take a while to get past the grey apple screen but then it just took off and everything, even DVD Player works. I did have to go back and patch my AC97 sound though but no big issue there. I have never used VMWare.

i guess discussing PAE is allowed here. domino - i dont think you have PAE enabled properly, or maybe its in a different mode (64Gb vs 4Gb) that that other dude's. his VMWare booted a certain version of a well known operating system (ahem) without the paevm=true flag. this was the behaviour I expected from an OS with PAE enabled.

EDIT: im such an IRC n00b...

Yea, I kinda figured that. I just have to find the right way to enable it without having to recompile. As I understand it from the links posted, SMP kernels support PAE by default. Just have to enable it. I've scoured the net a how-to but no luck.

Go to the main page and click on the iRC link. it should tell you the address. then join. Last time I went there, it was closed to registered name only.

lol - yeah, simon seems to be having a lot of downtime issues lately. Well, like our policy has always been, it's ok to talk about Maxxuss' stuff here, and link to his site, but no instructions for cracking the TPM or direct links to files.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I think we should all give Simon some time here. I am sure he has a life beyond win2osx.net. Finding another hosting provider I am sure will take some time. Simon is not going to just drop a load of cash on some hosting provider without knowing they are a dependable company. Keep in mind that he has to make sure he is not hosted in the US cause of DMCA issues. Add on top of that the time it takes to update ICANN records and we may all be in for a bit of a wait. I know everyone is very anxious so we can discuss things that can't be discussed here, but if the word on IRC is Simon is changing providers, there is nothing we can all do but hope and wait. If we are all lucky maybe when win2osx is back up someone will finally post 10.4.4 and then Maxxuss and crew can get to what they do best.

I think we should all give Simon some time here. I am sure he has a life beyond win2osx.net. Finding another hosting provider I am sure will take some time. Simon is not going to just drop a load of cash on some hosting provider without knowing they are a dependable company. Keep in mind that he has to make sure he is not hosted in the US cause of DMCA issues. Add on top of that the time it takes to update ICANN records and we may all be in for a bit of a wait. I know everyone is very anxious so we can discuss things that can't be discussed here, but if the word on IRC is Simon is changing providers, there is nothing we can all do but hope and wait. If we are all lucky maybe when win2osx is back up someone will finally post 10.4.4 and then Maxxuss and crew can get to what they do best.

I seem to recall him saying that the server itself was still in the United States.