Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

Followed the instructions exactly. Reboot was stuck at the blue screen. Originally installed Natit universal for JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3.

Powered off and then back up to enter safe mode. Now its stuck at safe mode login screen with color wheel spinning continuously. There's no way I can get past the color wheel so I could enter my password.

:thumbsup_anim: helloThere am going to try your way of installing update for my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop, I have try the Jas 10.4.9 one, it dosen't work at all, this is going to be my 5 time trying to update! :tomato: Hopely it work if not just have to go back and reload my 10.4.8 image back on againe!!! :thumbsup_anim::hysterical:

:thumbsup_anim: I just try to update but no luck!!! The computer just keep on rebooting!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I guess just stay on my old 10.4.8 for now. Anyway to fix it with the DVD installation Disc? Because I don't want to reloads my image again!!! Can I repair the Drive, so it boot my old one again?

:) You’re the man!!!!

Worked perfectly for me

To all the non tech like me don’t forget to type “sudo –s” in Terminal when you come to option 5 in this guide and download 10.4.9 Delta updater size (160MB) from Apple site and not 10.4.9 Intel Combo update

:) thank you! I try your update instruction for my Intel system desktop, it work fine it show my cpu corectly! I try the Jas version it show wrong CPU. But am trying to get the sound to work I have a build in sound card I think it Sigmatel My bord is Intel975BX2 some like that and my video is ATI 1950 pro 256 megebyte I use X1950XT installer it work, but it dosen't give me all the full function, but it give my hightes res. 1360x768 for my samung LCD TV display! :rolleyes:

Demonoid.com member invitation.

Anyone is a member of Demonoid.com? If so, please send me the invitation to join. I can't register without the invitation from a member.

Thank you very much.

My email address: anhdung60@yahoo.com

Followed the instructions and updated successfully

Rebooted and stuck at blue screen

Booted from DVD, ran the installer and installed only Jas Intel GMA 950 driver

Rebooted, passed the blue screen but stuck at black screen with cursor (without spinning wheel)

Rebooted at safe mode, browsed the DVD and installed Jas Intel GMA 950 driver package

Rebooted and stuck again at the black screen with cursor

I'll try to format it but i'll backup the 950 kexts before the update...

Any other ideas?

Everything worked well, including the 8.9.1 kernel update from KoolKat.

I forgot to backup AppleAPIC.kext though. It seems not to have hurt anything, but what exactly does that .kext do and where can I get my old version if need be?

Everything worked well, including the 8.9.1 kernel update from KoolKat.

Did you have JaS 10.4.8 before with kernel 8.8.1 before? You followed the guide from Ahmad?

How did you upgraded the kernel to 8.9.1 and do you have the new mach_kernel with automatic fsb detection?

Did you have JaS 10.4.8 before with kernel 8.8.1 before? You followed the guide from Ahmad?

How did you upgraded the kernel to 8.9.1 and do you have the new mach_kernel with automatic fsb detection?

You can get the new kernel off the irc

Go to netkas.freeflux.net

Does it matter whether you're getting the Delta update via Apple Update within OS X or getting the update from a browser download?

I don't think it does, but you should just download the delta updater from apple's site to have a backup copy of it in case you need to re-install or use it on another computer.

I followed this and had a near perfect install, except it kernel panic when i first restarted. But after i restarted machine after the "You need to restart, please hold your on/off switch" it all worked fine

thank you very much!

:):thumbsup_anim: Thank! Ahmad Moawya I have try your way of updating to 10.4.9 for both of AMD and intel, and they both work perfect, for the Amd all I have to do was download Tubegirl AMD test, and it work!!!, But one thing I notest when I update I lost my sound driver, but all I have to do was redo and it work again!!! :thumbsup_anim: Thank man could not have done it with out you!!! :rolleyes:

This didn't work for me. 10.4.8 and 8.8.1 kernel. Not using any custom kexts apart from skge for Marvell Gigabit LAN.

Did guide exactly as stated. Kernel panic on bootup. Will try -v -f later and report exact error.