New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

great to see this there. my 10.4.7 is working well, but ill install 10.4.8 as soon as i get it. lets see whats happening to stability then. i have some random hangs on my system (not kernel panics, just hangs), but that may be RAM related, too. ill test it with 10.4.8.

BTW: i didnt follow all the last kernel developments... is it necessary to set the FSB manually like the first versions ? how well does the TITAN driver work with dual screen ? i thought TITAN was stopped and NATIT is the way to follow ??? Hmmm... so many questions.... illl stop asking and read some of the related threads. Then ill come back here and ask my questions by myself :-)

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to answer earlier.

It's true, only 1 seed, but still availability is 0.282 at this moment, so it's being spreaded around the net :D I think tommorow we will all check the new DVD.

As I said earlier - it's better to have something later, that to NOT have it at all :D

Cheers

Guest bikedude880

This distribution is going to play out just like the other releases I'm afraid. NemoKOF thinks it will be finished by tomorrow? I say more like in a few days. Congrats to JaS for finally raring it this time as it should help any corruption :D

just without even reading the comments, i promise those demonoid leechers are like "cmon seed", then there are the others saying THERES only one seeder with the dvd. Thats pretty much how it goes everytime.

So far after 30 comments, I doesn't look like anyone has said anything like that yet. :P

Very nice Jas and contributers.

Apple should be giving you guys kick backs as myself and two friends plan to purchase Apple hardware on next upgrade, thanks to playing with a Hackintosh version. :(

I have a couple of quick questions about this. (If this isn't the appropriate topic, feel free to redirect me.)

For an Intel Pentium M, Nvidia (GeForce 5200) currently running Jas 10.4.6 (Dell Inspiron 8600, actually)

1) Can a system running Jas 10.4.6 (with NV Nvidia driver) be upgraded with this DVD or is it a better idea to do a clean install on another drive and migrate user profiles?

2) Will the Titan package upgrade cleanly over the MacVidia 1.08 driver (if upgrades from 10.4.6 work), or would it be better to uninstall the MacVidia driver before attempting an upgrade?

3) Should the 10.4.4 login window files be selected to avoid crashing/desktop reset when "About This Mac" is selected? (There is a purported 10.4.8 patch mentioned in this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho....4+login+window

Do you need to select one or the other to avoid the "About This Mac" crash? Has anyone tested the 10.4.8 version referred to in that thread?

4) What's the situation with Itunes 7 and Quicktime 7.13? Are these the versions on the DVD? Is the problem with the Core Audio going bad and losing all the sound under Quicktime 7.13 now patched. (AC97 soundcard).