Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Are you using Display Port, HDMI, or DVI? I can confirm that Display port works with audio on my ASUS 1440p 27 inch. Make sure you have the proper version of Clover installed! I am running 10.12.5 with Clover_v2.4k_r4152, rock solid so far. I have not attempted 10.12.6

Thanks for this - using your files I can get my Ryzen 1700 to boot and get past AppleACPI and gIOScreenLockState 3 which was causing me problems.

ASRock AB350M Pro4 + Radeon RX560 all up and running.

I removed the AMD9500 and AMD9520 kexts, added 0x67ff1002 (as my System Report shows) as a PCIMatch in your AMD9510.

I'm not sure the GFX injection is right - I see lots of tearing during fades and overlays.

Any ideas?

I think you did everything good but did you use correct framebuffer??? I use the efi and all the other kext that i provided in my link for ryzen 10.12.6 so they should be fine.... also it takes a couple tries before it boots for me... and try using lilubeta and or radbeta Your framebuffer should be Acre ..... crashmymac what framebuffer you using? when you boot your also not suppost to have anything selected in clover for graphics 

Are you using Display Port, HDMI, or DVI? I can confirm that Display port works with audio on my ASUS 1440p 27 inch. Make sure you have the proper version of Clover installed! I am running 10.12.5 with Clover_v2.4k_r4152, rock solid so far. I have not attempted 10.12.6

How did you get audio to work via display port?

Open your main partition and go to System/Library/Extensions. Scroll to AMD9510controllerkext and right click, "show package contents".

Drag a copy of info.plist to desktop then right click on copy choose other. Scroll to TextEdit and open. Find definition 0x67EF1002 and change the EF to FF then hit save. Drag desktop copy to folder and make sure to get Authenticate and replace prompts if not hit cancel it didn't go to right place. Before reboot use kext wizzard.

Is there a way to get sound work on Displayport to my build in speakers lg monitor ?

Im using the rx580 with your EFI folder, i got the full aceleration, but no sound.

Thanks in advance.

Att

After you install mac os on hard drive do (disk edits)

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from Kernel 16.5 folder to Installer Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on Installer and got to kernel 16.5 files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done

Scroll to Kernel folder on Installer and open. there will be 2 kernels there, remove both top trash and drag the Kernel 16.5 kernel to installer Kernel folder tab, choose replace.

.Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

No First video after your done with disk edit make sure you use kext wizard then copy over efi from ryzen essentials to your efi on your hard drive (I use pandora to mount efi fr my hard drive)

The only issue I encountered was the system folder not showing up after I installed in hard drive (to make edits)

If you need help with that let me know

I have been trying to get this to work, but I am not sure how to install sierra on the disk. If I use the Sierra installer it says that this disk is not editable, and if I use pandora it erases everything on the disk. So I am not sure how to do the first step.

Also I found this other forum with another method which I am wondering if it would work: 

and https://amd-osx.com/

My rx560 provided DP sound to my ASUS 27 inch without any modifications. I am running 10.12.5

How you did it ?

Heres my sound input, it dosent show my monitor

post-2225200-0-06149300-1503498649_thumb.png

Which files you used ? Can you please post some screen shots how it is setup in your clover and mac preferences audio panel in sierra?

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I finally got my SATA to USB adapter which helped me a lot to get the installation working. I was very happy when I saw that after clicking Sierra in Clover the apple logo appeared and the status bar moved above the 50-60% region when it usually turned into the "blocked" logo. I'm now sitting for more than an hour in front of the status bar waiting for it to finish. The bar is at the end (100%) but nothing happens. 

Can anybody tell me how to proceed?

UPDATE: I'm using a SATA HD instead of the USB stick which I tried in the quote

Best regards

Norman

Hi all, 

I'm new to the Hackintosh Community and just build my first Ryzen based PC.

The setup is:

Ryzen 1700

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 

2x 16GB G-Skill DDR 4 Ram

Powercolor RX570

500GB Samsung M.2 SSD

270GB Crucial M.2 SSD (Windows 10 installed)

I followed the instructions and created a bootable USB Stick which is able to start Clover. In the beginning it showed the crossed circle symbol as soon as Sierra was chosen. 

I connected the USB stick to a USB 2.0 port when I realized that this might be a problem.

After restarting Clover started and when I chose Sierra the apple logo appeared and a status bar started. At round about 50-60% the apple logo switched into the crossed circle.

I checked if I missed a step in the USB stick creation process and read that the config.plist has to be updated as well. I chose a package which looked similar (AMD R290), recreated the USB Stick but the problem is still the same.

Anybody who had this issue? It was discussed on the first page but I couldn't find any details besides replacing the config.plist.

Thank you

Norman

Hit the space bar in clover screen and select verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, and debug. Type fsck -fy at root# and then exit at second root#. Wait for finish, then reboot normally, and if it doesn't work hit space bar and use verbose and get a screenshot.

I have been trying to get this to work, but I am not sure how to install sierra on the disk. If I use the Sierra installer it says that this disk is not editable, and if I use pandora it erases everything on the disk. So I am not sure how to do the first step.

Also I found this other forum with another method which I am wondering if it would work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjS8lwyAtdw and https://amd-osx.com/

Your trying to dual boot in one hard drive?

Did you format your hard drive before you try using the installer?

Quick question:

I had problems with Nvidia drivers previously on my virtual machine. It required a recompile of Clover due to FSB parameter being ignored. Has anyone tried playing with FSB in clover to get Nvidia drivers up to speed? I definitely do not want to buy Vega simply for this, as I don't require it, but if it comes down to it, so be it.

• Like 1

Quick question:

I had problems with Nvidia drivers previously on my virtual machine. It required a recompile of Clover due to FSB parameter being ignored. Has anyone tried playing with FSB in clover to get Nvidia drivers up to speed? I definitely do not want to buy Vega simply for this, as I don't require it, but if it comes down to it, so be it.

Yes, FSB was dealt with a bit in the Open Source Clover thread, the newer versions of clover 4114 and up worked on detecting FSB and core count 8 and thread count 16 etc., but there is no difference between using these and the older 4077 Clover for Nvidia performance. Try looking into the thread and see if there is anything to add or pop a question? The whatevergreen coders lean toward it being a kernel issue and add that they developed for Intel so it's quite possible that the web drivers are the same, they just don't recognize the AMD CPU/kernel correctly. It would be nice to get this solved.

• Like 1

Hmm I'm still having audio problems. I don't see any HDEF entry in IOExplorer, only HDAU. I've tried injecting via SSDT, using a HDAEnabler kext and via clover layout injection. I've tried AppleALC, cloverHDA and others. VoodooHDA worked once but now won't install again.

Trying to get an ALC892 chip working.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Hmm I'm still having audio problems. I don't see any HDEF entry in IOExplorer, only HDAU. I've tried injecting via SSDT, using a HDAEnabler kext and via clover layout injection. I've tried AppleALC, cloverHDA and others. VoodooHDA worked once but now won't install again.

Trying to get an ALC892 chip working.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Clover configurator has a patch for HDAS to HDEF, maybe try it.

post-1753549-0-77294600-1504013884_thumb.png

does the follow step works with El Capitan ?? Cant get my to boot install on an gigabyte AB350 gaming 3

You need El Capitan Kernel.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-35?do=findComment&comment=2484739

Hit the space bar in clover screen and select verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, and debug. Type fsck -fy at root# and then exit at second root#. Wait for finish, then reboot normally, and if it doesn't work hit space bar and use verbose and get a screenshot.

Hi, 

I just found some time to setup a new installation. I did all the selects and ran the installation. It stops at this point:

Wed Aug 30 13:14:00 2017 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) <Notice>: Entering single-user mode.

-sh-3.2#

I'm waiting to get to the first root but it just won't work. 

Hi,

I just found some time to setup a new installation. I did all the selects and ran the installation. It stops at this point:

Wed Aug 30 13:14:00 2017 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) <Notice>: Entering single-user mode.

-sh-3.2#

I'm waiting to get to the first root but it just won't work.

This installation is for 10.12.5 right?