Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

ps in beta 10.13.2

for me it is not working..

also coda needs patching lib

Maybe that's because of the patched version of the web driver, Apple always changes things (to improve them per say) and my guess is that the web drivers need to change for the 10.13.2 as well.

Is it working by default or we still need to use the 3rd party software to change the color depth?

I had to use ResXtreme to change it (same with Sierra). Once you've changed, it should hold (though it might reset if you change resolutions using Displays in System Preferences).

• Like 1

I had to use ResXtreme to change it (same with Sierra). Once you've changed, it should hold (though it might reset if you change resolutions using Displays in System Preferences).

Thanks for the tip but @fabiosun says it's 30bit by default so I'm a bit confused  :blink:

I guess I'll find out soon enough after I update the OS though :)

Clean install on my Skylake rig. I used ResXtreme to change the color depth.hI

Hi cyberdevs,

do I have uninstall the Nvidia web drivers for the 10.13 (17A405) (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121) first or it does not matter? I can just install the new Nvidia web drivers (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107)

Right now I'm at High Sierra 10.13 (17A405)

Thanks,

do I have uninstall the Nvidia web drivers for the 10.13 (17A405) (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121) first or it does not matter? I can just install the new Nvidia web drivers (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107)

Hi there,

I guess it's better to uninstall the web drivers first and then run the update and install the latest web drivers afterwards.

Tonight before the Game  I had a bit of time to install the Beta High Sierra 10.13.2 because yesterday with the official 10.13.1 addition and the big game of Baseball win by the LA Dodgers  :thumbsup_anim: , I did not have the time

I post you today my test and my indications first thing the sustem Boot very quickly and my GeForce GT 1030 2 Gig works of the thunder with Web drivers Installation with ➤  Nvidia Payload Packager

untitl10.jpg

function validateSoftware()
{
var supportedOSVer = "10.13.2";
var supportedOSBuildVer = "17C60c";
var targetBuild = system.version.ProductBuildVersion;
var result = compareBuildVersions(targetBuild, supportedOSBuildVer);

Same 17C60c in the NVDAStartupWeb.kext

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>17C60c</string>

After a test with Clover r4279 I quickly noticed that it does not work, I have  imediatly install Clover r4243 on the SSD Sandisk 120 G and it worked the first time   :)
Here for those who will encounter a problem, try a more old revision Clover  for High Sierra 10.13 2 (17C60c )  B)

Edit ***
I did it without any SMBIOS infos in config.plist and I had an iMac 21.5
on the desktop

Tonight I expect a big win from the LA Dodgers   :D   :angel:
Enjoy   :wink_anim:

Updated to release 10.13.1, installed new Nvidia Web drivers for 10.13.1, and tryed to remove NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and all works!

So now we don't need extra kexts to use Nvidia Web drivers, my card is Geforce GTX 1070.

Updated to release 10.13.1, installed new Nvidia Web drivers for 10.13.1, and tryed to remove NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and all works!

So now we don't need extra kexts to use Nvidia Web drivers, my card is Geforce GTX 1070.

If your using NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext 1.2.0 it already includes the fixes from LibValFix.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From the WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107 Packages for High Sierra 10.13.1

Nvidia remove the flag for the SIP security in the WebDriver Packages-378.10.10.10.20.107 You do not have to modify the scripts for this package  ;) 

You can use it SIP disable. Maybe I contribute to the return of a normal Package  :lol:

• Like 3

From the WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107 Packages for High Sierra 10.13.1

Nvidia remove the flag for the SIP security in the WebDriver Packages-378.10.10.10.20.107 You do not have to modify the scripts for this package  ;) 

You can use it SIP disable. Maybe I contribute to the return of a normal Package  :lol:

Yes, IMHO it was problematic with SIP Enabled Disabled especially on Hackintosh..

For Web Driver pkg, I usually use Flat Package Editor to change OSversion from Distribution file  :P

Your tool is good though, I run it yesterday under 10.13.2 Beta but after launching modified *.pkg succeeded, it uninstalled my prev Web driver instead of replacing them with new release.

• Like 1

Yes, IMHO it was problematic with SIP Enabled Disabled especially on Hackintosh..

For Web Driver pkg, I usually use Flat Package Editor to change OSversion from Distribution file  :P

Your tool is good though, I run it yesterday under 10.13.2 Beta but after launching modified *.pkg succeeded, it uninstalled my prev Web driver instead of replacing them with new release.

Yep the tool is good also Flat is very nice  :D pity that it no longer works in 10.13

No need Extra Kext  with the new Package for my Geforce GT 1030 

10.13.1 and 10.13.2  :thumbsup_anim:  Great Job NVIDIA  :yes:

• Like 1

So nvidia web drivers work to their full potential?

I have a gtx 1080ti on ryzen and it would throttle it

Getting them to work is one thing having performance issues is another

If anyone can point me to the right direction I would appreciate it