[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Hi Guys would appreciate any help.

I'm getting a kernel panic as attached when booting the installer for High Sierra dev beta 9. I've tried also tried the Public beta.

USB installer with createinstallmedia

Clover r4189

Only FakeSMC kext (no plugins) in Other

apfs.efi from BaseSystem in drivers64UEFI

Boot arguments: -v kext-dev-mode=1 maxmem=4096

BIOS options:

XMP Memory - Profile1

Internal Graphics: Disabled

xHCI - Auto

xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - Enabled

OS Type: Other

Boot mode selection: UEFI Only

VT-d - Disabled

EFI with debug.log attached and specs are in my sig.

Make sure you have SerialIO disabled and use this efi and see if you can boot using it.

Update:

Also set xHCI to enabled

aushack-EFI.zip

• Like 1

I'm not sure as related by ergo before #3414 r4189 is the good choice.

I stayed on r4184 too with no issue. (perhaps r4187 that I have tested too)

You need to add some kexts as tell Chris1111  :

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

Perhaps Nulcpupowermanagement

You can also put on ACPI/origin/ your DSDT and in patched your SSDT

Thanks!

Tried adding those sensor plugins to FakeSMC and adding Nullcpupowermanagement.kext and same issue.

I don't use a DSDT with my Yosemite main install. Before I tried using my SSDT in ACPI/Patched and same issue so I am not using it in the installer now.

Edit: Tried using my SSDT in ACPI/Patched and same as attached

Make sure you have SerialIO disabled and use this efi and see if you can boot using it.

Update:

Also set xHCI to enabled

Thanks!

Serial port already disabled (updated OP) and set xHCI to Enabled.

Tried your EFI and I get the attached. It's something!

post-114155-0-04721800-1504344518_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Tried adding those sensor plugins to FakeSMC and adding Nullcpupowermanagement.kext and same issue.

I don't use a DSDT with my Yosemite main install. Before I tried using my SSDT in ACPI/Patched and same issue so I am not using it in the installer now.

Edit: Tried using my SSDT in ACPI/Patched and same as attached

Thanks!

Serial port already disabled (updated OP) and set xHCI to Enabled.

Tried your EFI and I get the attached. It's something!

Remove the OSXAptiofixDrv.efi from /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and add the OSXAptiofixDrv2.efi that you already have in your EFI folder.

Now it gets the same kernel panic as my OP

Thanks a lot for your help so far

Well this process can be a little bit daunting so let's continue our tests in PM. I don't want to make a mess here with the EFI folders and config files :D

If you look at your own preboot.log, you can see that you didn't disable CsmVideoDxe-64.  

0:270  0:001  Loading CsmVideoDxe-64.efi  status=Success 

You also have kexts in your Other folder that are loading when you said you just used FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller.  

33:607  0:012  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
33:607  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ACPIBatteryManager.kext
33:660  0:053    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext
33:677  0:016    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
33:688  0:011    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleBusPowerControllerEC0.kext
33:706  0:017    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
33:725  0:019    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AsusNBFnKeys.kext
33:738  0:013    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooI2C.kext
33:766  0:028    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext
33:781  0:015    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
33:787  0:005      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
33:827  0:039      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
33:856  0:029      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
33:902  0:045    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooHDA.kext

Keep working at this.  It look me 6 days to figure out what I needed to do and to actually do it.  If it helps, compare your preboot.log with mine.

attachicon.gifmnfesq.bootlog.log.txt

Mine's pretty messy. You can see that I start using one config.plist (which I use for Sierra) and switched to a different config.plist to boot to High Sierra.  You can also see that I have multiple DSDT files and use DSDT.aml to boot to Sierra and DSDT1.aml to boot to High Sierra.  I have to have separate DSDT files because, when I disable my Radeon GPU in my DSDT, I get a KP in Sierra but HAVE TO disable my Radeon GPU in order to get High Sierra to boot.

with the help of friends I managed to overcome the error setting is necessary to disable the built-in video and right now I have 9 beta.

post-1538813-0-33224400-1504353363_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hola  :)

Update fine from Cancun Mexico  :D HP Probook 6570B

Also downloading Installer Beta -9

short trip one week here  :D

Go to see Chichen itza!!!!

I love mexico...!!!!!

What do you mean by that?

my grammar is not good ....
I have the same problem.
  • Like 2

For both of you, I had the same problem as you and fixed it.  I had to remove my discreet GPU from my DSDT so that only the Intel HD GPU shows up in System Info.  I also had to remove my custom SSDT and let Clover make my SSDT (Generate PStates, Generate CStates, Enable C7) It took a while to get this right but it worked for me.

I have the same problem but I only have 2 discreet GPUs - no internal Intel HD to fall back on. It appeared around dp5 or dp6 just like for the earlier cases mentioned...

Do we know what exactly is causing it? Anyone else care to comment?

I have the same problem but I only have 2 discreet GPUs - no internal Intel HD to fall back on. It appeared around dp5 or dp6 just like for the earlier cases mentioned...

Do we know what exactly is causing it? Anyone else care to comment?

I have two discrete GPUs, a 1080ti in slot 0 with no drivers for high Sierra beta and a old 660ti in slot 1. I do it this way since the osx has built in osx acceleration for the 660ti and using the 10.12.6 webdrivers on 10.13 was a nightmare for me.

In prior betas, high Sierra would not boot at all if two discrete were in my system. It was so bad that Intel graphics 530 wouldn't load at all if a discrete card was in my system.

But as of DP8, two discrete cards can (again) coexist peacefully. But what happens now is that the window server doesn't load on the card without a driver (my 1080ti). So since that card is in slot 0, the motherboard routes the boot-time video thru it. So after clover boots from the 1080ti, the verbose-mode output stops at gIOScreenLockState, and it would appear that the system has hanged. But that's not the case. Instead the window server loads on the 660ti that has built in acceleration . So I just switch monitor inputs to the 660ti card and I'm good to go.

• Like 1

I have two discrete GPUs, a 1080ti in slot 0 with no drivers for high Sierra beta and a old 660ti in slot 1. I do it this way since the osx has built in osx acceleration for the 660ti and using the 10.12.6 webdrivers on 10.13 was a nightmare for me.

In prior betas, high Sierra would not boot at all if two discrete were in my system. It was so bad that Intel graphics 530 wouldn't load at all if a discrete card was in my system.

But as of DP8, two discrete cards can (again) coexist peacefully. But what happens now is that the window server doesn't load on the card without a driver (my 1080ti). So since that card is in slot 0, the motherboard routes the boot-time video thru it. So after clover boots from the 1080ti, the verbose-mode output stops at gIOScreenLockState, and it would appear that the system has hanged. But that's not the case. Instead the window server loads on the 660ti that has built in acceleration . So I just switch monitor inputs to the 660ti card and I'm good to go.

Hmm interesting. I guess I'm out of luck with two GTX 1080s then?.. They did work up until dp6 is the annoying thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm interesting. I guess I'm out of luck with two GTX 1080s then?.. They did work up until dp6 is the annoying thing

Have you tried using the 10.12.6 webdrivers? I tried them briefly and although acceleration sucked, both discrete cards would load and system would even sleep. I suspect if/when Nvidia releases High siera webdrivers things will be back to normal.

Have you tried using the 10.12.6 webdrivers? I tried them briefly and although acceleration sucked, both discrete cards would load and system would even sleep. I suspect if/when Nvidia releases High siera webdrivers things will be back to normal.

Yes I had been using them until dp5. But even without them I could go through the high sierra install using basic vga drivers, and install them afterwards

Yes I had been using them until dp5. But even without them I could go through the high sierra install using basic vga drivers, and install them afterwards

Interestingly for me, the installer works (with both cards installed) by using VGA mode on the 1080ti (in slot 0), but not on the main installation. Weird. Also, using nv_disable=1 boot flag to force VGA graphics causes the webserver to infinitely crash/respawn. But what I do is after an update, use Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixup to boot into the OS and then run AGDPFIX. For me, Lilu is unstable on high Sierra and causes kernel panics randomly so I don't use it.

Interestingly for me, the installer works (with both cards installed) by using VGA mode on the 1080ti (in slot 0), but not on the main installation. Weird. Also, using nv_disable=1 boot flag to force VGA graphics causes the webserver to infinitely crash/respawn. But what I do is after an update, use Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixup to boot into the OS and then run AGDPFIX. For me, Lilu is unstable on high Sierra and causes kernel panics randomly so I don't use it.

So in other words this is just a different manifestation of the usual MacPro6,1 AGDP issue? I'll try booting with MacPro5,1 to check ..

So in other words this is just a different manifestation of the usual MacPro6,1 AGDP issue? I'll try booting with MacPro5,1 to check ..

Possibly. Real empiricists test! I'm using iMac17,1 so I have the black screen issue after each update.

Yes still getting (macbook-pro.home.com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <notice>: service only ran for 8 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds) on high Sierra  Beta 7 with laptop HD4600

hi niknod,

I had the same problem, and I've solved it by patching DSDT and SSDTs, following RehabMan's guides:

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ! (ABOUT TONYMACX86 AND iATKOS M / Y / EC / SR)    

Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86    

cheers!