Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

Alright, we have a new test version with the following changes:

script v4.5.6 work like a charm. Thanks @Philip.

But when you type 9, the config file is displayed but you exit the script. Then you have to raise it again.

Sorry for my bad english

post-1110743-0-52345200-1507799828_thumb.png

script v4.5.6 work like a charm. Thanks @Philip.

But when you type 9, the config file is displayed but you exit the script. Then you have to raise it again.

Sorry for my bad english

This is by design. The script should be started from the beginning when you edit the settings, because it doesn't get the changes as long as it's running.

• Like 2

OK, just another succeeded test report under Ubuntu 16.04 using script v4.5.6 with GCC53 toolchain, but..

where's apfs, hfs, and ntfs efi drivers located that I "USE" them to be "=YES" on ~/BuildCloverConfig.txt?

Thanks @Phil :)

You can't use those options under Linux as they are Clover package - related (macOS only).

• Like 1

You can't use those options under Linux as they are Clover package - related (macOS only).

Oh got it, so I still could manually place them instead.. to my EFI partition using Linux. NP, thanks anyway :thumbsup_anim:

Hi @Phillip ... i get this error, how solve it, thanks

3 errors generated.
[CC] ComponentName
make: *** [/users/pico/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe/OUTPUT/Variable.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/users/pico/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/pico/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 08:47:09, Oct.16 2017
Build total time: 00:00:11

o_Ops, ./ebuild.sh exited with error(s), aborting..

Log at 2017-05-09 12.30.02.txt

You can do it by yourself by adding the following line to ~/.bash_profile:

export BUILD_CLOVER_CFG_PATH=/full/path/to/BuildCloverConfig.txt

Sorry but I don't understand where adding this line in your script.  :)

Version 4.5.6 is up!

All good, Thanks :)

Build info.

===========
  Package name: Clover_v2.4k_r4248.pkg
  MD5:          8479c8eaef58fc80ecf5b0328411c484
  Version:      v2.4k
  Stage:        v2.4k
  Date/Time:    2017-10-17 09:38:46
  Built by:     cyberdevs
  Copyright     2012-2017

adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4248.pkg (deflated 0%)
  adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4248.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)
total 49000
drwxr-xr-x   9 cyberdevs  staff       306 Oct 17 09:39 .
drwxr-xr-x  15 cyberdevs  staff       510 Oct 17 09:39 ..
-rw-r--r--@  1 cyberdevs  staff  12369626 Oct 17 09:39 Clover_v2.4k_r4248.pkg
-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff        68 Oct 17 09:39 Clover_v2.4k_r4248.pkg.md5
-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff  12330527 Oct 17 09:39 Clover_v2.4k_r4248.zip
drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff       102 Oct 17 09:39 Resources
drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       238 Oct 17 09:39 build
drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff       102 Oct 17 09:39 package
drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       238 Oct 17 09:39 utils
================================================================================
build started at:
Tue Oct 17 09:37:56 +0330 2017
finished at
Tue Oct 17 09:39:33 +0330 2017

Done!

<--------------------------------------------------
Clover was built successfully!
Press any key to continue..

• Like 1

Sorry but I don't understand where adding this line in your script.  :)

~/bash_profile has nothing to do with the script. That file contains settings for the bash shell that are being loaded on every bash run. Consider it "Loaded on every Terminal run". If you don't have that file, you should create it like this:

cd ~
touch .bash_profile

then add the line above in it with your favorite text editor. Note that the file is hidden so you may need the following in order to edit it:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder

When you finish with the edits, you may hide the hidden files again:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false ; killall Finder
  • Like 1

~/bash_profile has nothing to do with the script. That file contains settings for the bash shell that are being loaded on every bash run. Consider it "Loaded on every Terminal run". If you don't have that file, you should create it like this:

cd ~
touch .bash_profile

then add the line above in it with your favorite text editor. Note that the file is hidden so you may need the following in order to edit it:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder

When you finish with the edits, you may hide the hidden files again:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false ; killall Finder

Thanks  :)

Can we no longer get apfs.efi hfs and ntfs with this script?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes of course. After each update, you must set "yes" line 107, 108...

That's not the right way. This array (lines 98-115) contains the defaults for those options and should not be edited by the end user, not to mention all those edits will disappear on the next script update. All those options are already present in the config file (~/BuildCloverConfig.txt or wherever it is), so use it, that why we made it.

• Like 1

That's not the right way. This array (lines 98-115) contains the defaults for those options and should not be edited by the end user, not to mention all those edits will disappear on the next script update. All those options are already present in the config file (~/BuildCloverConfig.txt or wherever it is), so use it, that why we made it.

If I understand correctly, I have to modify ~/BuildCloverConfig.txt, not your script. Right?

It was initially bad idea to rebuild again and again all libraries and tools. This will not improve final result.

The new problem is compiling gettext.

Install Macport

sudo port install gettext

and exclude gettext compiling from the script.

• Like 1

Hello, I cleansed my ~/src folder to rebuild clover local sources from scratch but gotta this, what's the caused? Thanks.

I've tried again many times but have no luck. (XCode 8.2 under OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 15G17020).

wXhk5vl.jpg

Those errors are produced by ~/src/edk2/Clover/buildgettext.sh, so... no script-related issue, at least not with this script. Disabled temporarily my MacPorts install and gettext builds fine here (Xcode 9, macOS 10.12.6) through the same script.

It was initially bad idea to rebuild again and again all libraries and tools. This will not improve final result.

The new problem is compiling gettext.

Install Macport

sudo port install gettext

and exclude gettext compiling from the script.

Once he install MacPorts, the buildgettext.sh script will be omitted automatically.

Side note: the last commit r4257 seems to be broken.

[CC] smbios

[CC] spd

[CC] string

[CC] StateGenerator

[CC] usbfix

[CC] b64cdecode

[CC] FixBiosDsdt

/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c:1879:5: error: member reference base type 'char' is not a structure or union

DBG_RT("EnableExtCpuXCPM - %a!\n", patchedOk? "OK" : "FAILED");

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c:26:60: note: expanded from macro 'DBG_RT'

#define DBG_RT(entry, ...)    if ((entry != NULL) && (entry->KernelAndKextPatches != NULL) && entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KPDebug) { AsciiPrint(__VA_ARGS__); }

~~~~~^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c:1879:5: error: member reference base type 'char' is not a structure or union

DBG_RT("EnableExtCpuXCPM - %a!\n", patchedOk? "OK" : "FAILED");

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c:26:100: note: expanded from macro 'DBG_RT'

#define DBG_RT(entry, ...)    if ((entry != NULL) && (entry->KernelAndKextPatches != NULL) && entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KPDebug) { AsciiPrint(__VA_ARGS__); }

~~~~~^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 errors generated.

make: *** [/users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/kernel_patcher.obj] Error 1

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE5, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Build end time: 07:57:51, Oct.20 2017

Build total time: 00:00:35

• Like 1