[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

Drivers replaceing brought unfortunately no positive results ... I try to fix the errors in the last kernel, then we look further.

Edit:
I had previously had problems with my hackintosh, system crashes :( , now continue to work at kernel building.

Edit:
I hope that something will happen, here my new kernel

EDIT.:
..... warning: invailed ip, won't attempt to handle trap
...invailed Kernel opcode (64-bit) ...........

but

check it with your CPU and report us your results, thx

hi,

Sorry, I was not looking! :(
It was the drive to another computer dsdt.aml! 
deleted, now this result

I apologize for the deception!

post-1166679-0-76209600-1488701739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

Could someone tell me which kernel, Extra and USB Fix is almost working with Sierra (16A323)? What version is 16A323 (Sierra 10.12.x)?, maybe I have the incorrect one?

My problem is that I can not enter in the Installation of Sierra, and when I am using the Shaneee Sierra USB Fix it gives me an error panic after VM. The El Capitan is working great with the USB Fix, but Sierra gives me these problems.

AMD Phenom II x4 (Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Serie)

Please help, is only for fun!!!

• Like 1

This isn't working on my Athlon but could Phenom users test. This should work on FX and be an improvement.

the 10.12_RC kernel works good with System.kext from your pack 10.12.3

I've just installed 10.12.3 with the kernel and it works good

For the installation I used USB Sierra kexts (zip attached) installed in /S/L/E/ via kext wizard

Extra Extensions folder zip also in attached files (Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup required for my hack due to NVidia graphics)

The only issue for the moment is a lack of calibration, but I'll try to use the existing profile from Yosemite.

System works with Enoch 2848 bootloader, but I cannot boot with clover now (that's not a big issue really).

SMBios mac model is MacPro5,1

Update: I've used calibrator from Yosemite and all works (Sierra has nonfunctional Calibrator.app)

USB Sierra.zip

Extensions.zip

• Like 2

the 10.12_RC kernel is work good with System.kext from your pack 10.12.3

I've just installed 10.12.3 with the kernel and it works good

For the installation I used USB Sierra kexts (zip attached) installed in /S/L/E/ via kext wizard

Extra Extensions folder zip also in attached files (Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup required for my hack due to NVidia graphics)

The only issue for the moment is a lack of calibration, but I'll try to use the existing profile from Yosemite.

System works with Enoch 2848 bootloader, but I cannot boot with clover now (that's not a big issue really).

SMBios mac model is MacPro5,1

Update: I've used calibrator from Yosemite and all works (Sierra has nonfunctional Calibrator.app)

attachicon.gifUSB Sierra.zip

attachicon.gifExtensions.zip

Thank you for helping!!!

Does anyone know what is the problem with the message that I am having using the kernel? Or maybe is not the correct one... I am using the Shaneee´s Kernel 10.12 RC...

I attach the image...

post-2002146-0-39207300-1488718958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This page is only intended for kernel development and should remain so, thanks for your understanding.
  • Like 1

This page is only intended for kernel development and should remain so, thanks for your understanding.

Thank you to let me know!!!

I will leave the post here with the attach file because is related to the kernel, and maybe someone else has the same problem. I receive a mail a few minutes the post for someone with the same problem using the same kernel and processor.

• Like 1

SPAKK to see if the sse4 emulation works you can create a special kernel just for intel cpus without sse4 and test on them, and then when you have a working kernel you can try to add amd support using the exact same system used to get macOS working on amd cpus with sse4

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please try that CPU with this kernel, http://amd-osx.com/files/Shaneee_10.12_RC.zip

i tried this kernel on an installation of Mac os Sierra (done with a core 2 duo e8400) and then I putted the kernel you linked and the q6600 in place, the macine is stable and Yosemite works fine but this kernel just reboots before the beginning of the system loading

• Like 1

Hello!

apple released upgrade to 10.12.4. Someone has built a kernel for this release?

Thenk you!

Current kernels may work. The sources for 10.12.4 haven't been published​ yet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Current kernels may work. The sources for 10.12.4 haven't been published​ yet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it did not work at 10.12.4 for my FX-6300 hackintosh.

Waiting for new FX kernel for 10.12.4 !

• Like 2

Have someone looked inside the new sources for anything AMD?

It's the same as before. Just #define CPUID_VID_AMD "AuthenticAMD" in cpuid.h and the odd amd64 reference. Nothing new I'm afraid.

• Like 2

10.12.4 Sources released - https://opensource.apple.com/release/macos-10124.html

Please try this kernel.

Thanks for this new FX kernel which works for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.4(16E195) booted by Enoch r2877.

But color glitch was very severe for AMD/ATI HD Radeon 5770 card ( Colors flickering of Radeon <7000 in 10.12.4) !

Booted by Clover r4049 got black screen only and failed to login desktop !

No such an issue at 10.12.3(16D32).

Hope someone can fix it as soon as possible, or waiting for 10.12.5 to try it again !

There are difference of color setting at 10.12.4 in FX-6300 and P6TSE hackintoshs:

Color flickering : 30-bit color (ARGB2101010)

Without color flickering: 32-bit color (ARGB8888)

[Edit]

Rollback related AMD5000Controller, AMDX3000, AMDFramebuffer, & AMDSupport.kexts to 10.12.3 version can solve colors flickering issue, but it also reproduce previous glitchy icon issue at 10.11.x in FX hackintosh again !

No such a color flickering issue with the same AMD/ATI Radeon 5770 cards in my Intel hackintosh such as Asus P6TSE MB at 10.12.4.

So need figure out the reason why and the solution to fix it at AMD FX hackintosh.

I am not sure whether two new kexts at 10.12.4 (AMDLegacyFramebuffer.kext & AMDLegacySupport.kext) cause this issue or it's due to different color settings (30-bit vs. 32-bit).

Because there is no color flickering with 30-bit color at 10.12.3 in FX-6300 hackintosh, the probability due to two new kexts is much, much higher !!

post-70188-0-29846500-1491394619_thumb.png

post-70188-0-30116400-1491394673_thumb.png

• Like 3

Thanks for this new FX kernel which works for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.4(16E195) booted by Enoch r2877.

But color glitch was very severe for AMD/ATI HD Radeon 5770 card ( Colors flickering of Radeon <7000 in 10.12.4) !

Booted by Clover r4049 got black screen only and failed to login desktop !

No such an issue at 10.12.3(16D32).

Hope someone can fix it as soon as possible, or waiting for 10.12.5 to try it again !

There are difference of color setting at 10.12.4 in FX-6300 and P6TSE hackintoshs:

Color flickering : 30-bit color (ARGB2101010)

Without color flickering: 32-bit color (ARGB8888)

[Edit]

Rollback related AMD5000Controller, AMDX3000, AMDFramebuffer, & AMDSupport.kexts to 10.12.3 version can solve colors flickering issue, but it also reproduce previous glitchy icon issue at 10.11.x in FX hackintosh again !

No such a color flickering issue with the same AMD/ATI Radeon 5770 cards in my Intel hackintosh such as Asus P6TSE MB at 10.12.4.

So need figure out the reason why and the solution to fix it at AMD FX hackintosh.

I am not sure whether two new kexts at 10.12.4 (AMDLegacyFramebuffer.kext & AMDLegacySupport.kext) cause this issue or it's due to different color settings (30-bit vs. 32-bit).

Because there is no color flickering with 30-bit color at 10.12.3 in FX-6300 hackintosh, the probability due to two new kexts is much, much higher !!

in 10.12.4 they made a lot f changes to the graphics drivers

• Like 1

But color glitch was very severe for AMD/ATI HD Radeon 5770 card ( Colors flickering of Radeon  

Maybe just to let u know regarding the fllckering Problem ... even Intel Machines suffer from it   a good and easy workaround for this without editing any Kext is getting  SwitchResX 4 and setting Color of Depth to 16.7 Billions Millions and it should be gone .

Found out its editing for sure

the /your Username/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver(yourUUID).plist but than i stopped digging  since the app above is much quicker  to solve the issue.

If you wanna go all crazy on it play around with the settings in the plist or compare when patched to see whats changed  to avoid using an extra app.

• Like 4