El Capitan: Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

388 posts in this topic

config.plist corrupt in which way? it opens normally with TextWrangler

append appleHDA

Bad idea, use Xcode or other property list editor.

AppleHDA is not native and not patched by a technique from Post #1; support only for solutions from this thread.

hey there, i have yosemite 10.10.5, ga-x99-ud4 and gtx 980.

i managed to get audio from both the x99 workaround you provided and the rampaged debug applehda kext. i chose to just go with the applehda from the x99 dmg provided by rampagedev. however, i do not get audio from my optical audio port. any tips?

Having a very minor problem with the last couple iterations of your patches with Pike's script method.

All audio works great (ALC898) but localizations are off (please see the attached screen shot, should be English.) I've searched through the xml files and the binary for the Apple898HDA injector looking for something to correct this but I've not found anything so far.

Also, the system (apparently) randomly will switch itself from the Builti-in speakers (the Green audio port) to Digital. I've not been able to find a connection with that to anything I'm doing. That also started when Pike's script was included as part of the package.

Otherwise thanks for all the work simplifying fixing audio, I've been using your patches for years.

Edit: It would seem that at some point I replaced my patched AppleHDA with a vanilla one from a Yosemite update that didn't contain all the proper localizations. I took one from the full 10.10.5 installer and it solved my problem.

post-333813-0-51213100-1455405585_thumb.png

Having a very minor problem with the last couple iterations of your patches with Pike's script method.

All audio works great (ALC898) but localizations are off (please see the attached screen shot, should be English.) I've searched through the xml files and the binary for the Apple898HDA injector looking for something to correct this but I've not found anything so far.

Also, the system (apparently) randomly will switch itself from the Builti-in speakers (the Green audio port) to Digital. I've not been able to find a connection with that to anything I'm doing. That also started when Pike's script was included as part of the package.

Otherwise thanks for all the work simplifying fixing audio, I've been using your patches for years.

Edit: It would seem that at some point I replaced my patched AppleHDA with a vanilla one from a Yosemite update that didn't contain all the proper localizations. I took one from the full 10.10.5 installer and it solved my problem.

Are you in El Capitan or Yosemite?

I also had this problem, but my solution ended up being SSDT-related. Quite a few people seem to have a problem with switching between Built-in and Digital with ALC898.

Dear Toleda,

I hope you will have a bit of time to help me on my 10.11 update coming from 10.10.

I prepared a problem reporting as you wanted.

Description of audio problem :
When running the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0o10.command i get an error saying : 

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0o10
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

OK to patch
Confirm Realtek ALC898 (y/n): y
Audio ID: 9 is not supported, continue (y/n): 

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
OSX 10.11.3
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Bios F14
i5-3570k
GTX670

Procedure/Guide Used
Tried ##### and your latest audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0o10
I upgraded from a working yosemite with sound working.

Audio/ALC Injection (Tools 3.)
See file

Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (Tools 1.)
See file

I am using the latest clover version. 

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I forgot to add that i Sytem Preference, in sound, nothing shows up in input and output (only my airplay sound)

BootLog-DPCI-jbesclapez.txt

post-1403349-0-85672700-1455466261_thumb.png

post-1403349-0-80261000-1455466263_thumb.png

CodecDetect.txt

Console-jbesclapez.txt

DSDT.aml.zip

AppleHDA copy.kext.zip

iMac-jbesclapez.zip

When running the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0o10.command i get an error saying : 

config.plist and cloverALC output missing

Attached AppleHDA.kext does not include cloverALC files

Audio ID: 9 is not valid, mixing AppleHDA.kext patch methods is not  a good idea

See CodecDetect.txt for valid Audio ID injection or See Post #1/Audio_ID Injection solutions and valid Audio_IDs

Suggest Set Audio_ID = 1, restart, run cloverALC, restart and reply with new files

config.plist and cloverALC output missing

Attached AppleHDA.kext does not include cloverALC files

Audio ID: 9 is not valid, mixing AppleHDA.kext patch methods is not  a good idea

See CodecDetect.txt for valid Audio ID injection or See Post #1/Audio_ID Injection solutions and valid Audio_IDs

Suggest Set Audio_ID = 1, restart, run cloverALC, restart and reply with new files

Thanks Toleda for putting me in the right track - Once again :-)

My config Plist was setting injection in audio 9. So I reverted it to Audio 1.

I also deleted my DSDT, as it seems not necessary.

Then I rebooted and run cloverALC and I went in system preference, audio... everything was back to normal.

Thanks again

Patched Ozmosis ALC892 using your script. Restored original using your manual.

Thanks.

@toleda: It's there a minor problem. After some time the sound it's gone and I have to put hack at sleep and wake for sound to work.

SMBIOS: iMac 14, 2.

Ideas?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for the help, I really appreciate it.

I'm kind of new to the hackintosh community, but have Linux and OS X experience. I try to always search the most I can until I post a question, but now it's time to get some help.

Problem report steps in bold

1 - I managed to install OS X with Clover V.2. Today I sat down to get my audio working, followed all guides but at the end it still didn't worked. At some point I could run audio but didn't outputted any real sound (don't remember when, sry). Now it doesn't start at all, it stays 0:00 on iTunes.

2 - Yosemite 10.10 on a Asus X99 Deluxe BIOS 2101 (Realtek 1150), i7 5930K CPU and MSI GeForge GTX 980Ti Lightning

3 - Used a mix of information, but all guides by toleda (sometimes on GitHub, mostly here. Few times I searched tony, just to check if any light would come up)

My steps were:

1- Native AppleHDA install (by DPCIManager Kext install)

2- Copied HDAEnabler1 to kexts and installed it with DPCIManager (don't know if I could do just one, tried both)

3- Copied SSDT-HDEF+-1.aml to ACPI/Patched (ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg:hdef.zip)

4- Runned audio_codecdetect.command, Injection was OK

5- Audio_ID injection on config.plist (ID 1)

Tried X99 Workaround

steps

1 I didn't do it because already patched native AppleHDA
2 tried both
3456 ok

Missing last boot log from Console, will put in a sec.

Will be trying to review and redo my steps.

Thanks a lot!

DPCIManager_BootLog.rtf

post-1673441-0-06344100-1456851984_thumb.png

post-1673441-0-79413100-1456851985_thumb.png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0p20.zip

audio-alcinjection.zip

config.plist.zip

Gustavo’s iMac.zip

console.log.zip

Hi, my config is:

Motherboard: Asus z87-K (ALC887) with latest bios installed

CPU: i7 4770k

Ram: 8gb ddr3

GPU: gtx 970 (with latest nvidia drivers installed)

OSX version: El capitan 10.11.3 with Clover

I have tried EVERYTHING, every command within this guide for the realtek alc110 (I have tried ##### method, and simple patching), every patching of the APPLEHDA kext but nothing worked, i reverted to the original applehda and finally got audio to work with "audio_pikeralphaALC-110.command"... Unfortunately the audio works for about 50 seconds and then it gets awful for about 20 seconds, then it goes back to normal for a while, it's unusable.

Finally I tried the "Piker-Alpha/AppleHDA8Series.sh" if i run this script with destination folder "/System/Library/Extensions" and IF i select ALC892 form the script, then go to S/L/E, install the newly created APPLEHDA892.kext with kext utility, then rerun the .sh script but this time leave the .kext in S/L/E for some reason audio works perfectly after reboot. I have no idea why. 

Unfortunately I have to redo this after every restart.

Codecdetect says no audio codec found

post-1683496-0-10159000-1457881888_thumb.png

post-1683496-0-32120600-1457881986_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

IOReg.zip

All Console Messages.log.zip

SSDT.aml.zip

DPCIManager Boot Log.zip

Hi Toleda,

I’m having serious trouble with audio, I have got no audio and no devices.I’m freakin out for this. I reinstall the system and I tried some scripts, but them don’t work. That’s the report:

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

10.10.5/MSI H97 gaming 3/-/i5 4690 3,5 gHz/Galax gtx 970 black edition

Procedure/Guide Used 

I tried this scripts: audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command/ audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0q10.command/audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0o11.command

Thank you so much for your time and patience

ioreg.zip

console.log.zip

applehda.zip

post-711571-0-13602900-1458402178_thumb.png

post-711571-0-27200000-1458402190_thumb.png

clover.zip

having serious trouble with audio

Missed/Post #1/Realtek ALC Installation Methods (Select one method)

Installing one method on top of another method ensures audio failure, fix:

Post #1/Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA

1. cloverALC, remove

2. realtekALC, remove

4. pikeralpha AppleHDA8Series, remove

Post #1/Requirements (install)

3. Native AppleHDA

Post #1/I. Realtek ALC AppleHDA Scripts

1. Download script

1. cloverALC

ALC888 audio is working.

Use Audio ID: 1, appropriate for your motherboard

realtekALC.kext has no executable to load, Info.plist only.

Headphone mutes motherboard green (native AppleHDA.kext, customization possible, Post #1).

hi toleda, I'm sorry to ask you again for my questions in december 2015. I'm still on my x58 build with Asus p6t-se and alc sound. but the appleHDAWidget spams my console:

kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2215
Mar 21 15:38:09 --- last message repeated 3 times ---

this messages are running all the time into the system.log file. In addition, my headphones are making problems when conneted to the front line out of my pc case when the appleHDA switches the sound output from speakers to the headphones in the system preferences. the headphone sound issue is as follows: when you listen to music or playing games, I get sound dropouts for maybe half a sec. or less, sometimes even the whole sound in a game is failing after some random gaming time. 

can someone help me finding the different issues i have with my hackintosh? I dont get any further.