Pattern of MLB (Main Logic Board)

holyfield

573 posts in this topic

So, i can't confirm for you if exists some rule about this.

I follow this steps:

• PP = Manufacturing location ID = W8
  • Y = Year of manufacturing =  2009
  • WW = Week of manufacture (01-52) Say 26
  • Production number, within this week.  Say it is 41 066 decimal converted to Base-36 = 0VOQ
  • ID - Model of hardware part = 6GCA

Just the last step i generate a random value.

Hi Allan and fusion71au:

Thank you for your efforts!!

Assuming this is the way to go to obtain valid MLB values for  11 chrs serials as noted by holyfield http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/

To clarify production numbers, It could be a 3 step process for 11 char serial numbers e.g.

1. Identify digits 6-8 of your serial number : In the following pattern : PP Y WW 2B0 xxx. Which in this case is 2B0.

2. Convert 2B0 (base 34) to decimal using http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/units-converter/numbers/calculator/base-34-to-decimal/  yielding a dec value of 2686 (which is the production number). It also corresponds with the production number found here http://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php. I experimented with 6 serial numbers. I have found that in 2 instances the production number is out by 1.  e.g. Base 34 convert 2AN gives 2675 while the site report the production number as 2674.

3. Finally, as per your description decimal convert the production number obtained in step 2 (2686) to base-36 using http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/units-converter/numbers/calculator/decimal-to-base-36/. This result in 022M. This value then form part of the pattern for MLB : G8814xxxxXDAx

Therefore part of the the serial number matches part of the values for the MLB......

Of course step 2&3 could be converted into a single step : http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/units-converter/numbers/calculator/base-34-to-base-36/

Hence there is 2 ways to determine the production number.

1. You can look it up via sites or possibly

2. Convert part of the serial number to obtain the production number.

Perhaps someone else already explained this in the posts or it was inferred. In that case forgive me for having to repeat the story line here.

I've gotten hold of a real MLB (from a 13 inch MBP 5,5 Mid 2009) to give you an example of how to generate a synthetic MLB using its component parts :).

It's comprised of 13 characters with the format

PPYWWSSSSCCCC

• Y = Year of manufacturing =  2009
  • WW = Week of manufacture (01-52) Say 26
  • SSSS = Production number, within this week.  Say it is 41 066 decimal converted to Base-36 = 0VOQ
  • CCCC = ID-Model of hardware part = 6GCA

So our made up MBP 5,5 MLB serial number is W89260VOQ6GCA.  You can obviously change WW and SSSS to other values if you like...

Procedure to activate

1. Set the ROM as your 12 character ethernet MAC address
  2. Put MLB & ROM in RtVariables/config.plist, keep everything else the same including current system serial and SMBIOS
  3. Disconnect from internet
  4. Reboot computer and run iMessage debug to confirm MLB/ROM values are persistent
  5. Reconnect internet
  6. Login to iMessage ---> will most likely get Customer code if you haven't accidently created someone's real MLB/ROM
  7. Call Apple Support saying you have a problem with your Apple ID while logging in to iMessage
  8. Cross fingers that they fix it :)!

41066 decimal converted to Base-36 = VOQ

Not 0VOQ

then how 0 ?

Why don't you try @holyfield's utility Apple MAC Hack from the first post, since it claims to generate correctly formatted Apple ROMs and report back?  I haven't used it personally though....

No. It does not!

I also like to remind everyone here that neither Holyfield or anyone else in this thread, heck not even anyone in this forum, was involved when they figured out how serial numbers should be read.

Anyway. My work here is done. I got it working and I am happy, but my work won't end up in someones software so… later dudes!

• Like 3

No. It does not!

I also like to remind everyone here that neither Holyfield or anyone else in this thread, heck not even anyone in this forum, was involved when they figured out how serial numbers should be read.

Anyway. My work here is done. I got it working and I am happy, but my work won't end up in someones software so… later dudes!

I was lucky but clearly Apple Hack is no good. 

41066 decimal converted to Base-36 = VOQ

Not 0VOQ

then how 0 ?

Because as shown on an example below:

ZK base-36   = 1280 decimal
0ZK base-36  = 1280 decimal
00ZK base-36 = 1280 decimal

Barcode serials require leading spaces to be filled, leading zero is used to fill up a space.

It depends what is the required maximum value. String with one chars allows maximum value 35, string with two chars allows 1295 as maximum value and string with three chars allows maximum value 46655 and so on. Basics.

I was lucky but clearly Apple Hack is no good. 

Depends for what :D

Each tool is designed for certain purpose. I guess it's serves fine the purpose for what it was designed. 

Why don't you try @holyfield's utility Apple MAC Hack from the first post, since it claims to generate correctly formatted Apple ROMs and report back?  I haven't used it personally though....

I guess it's misreading of OP. Seems that author have never claimed that he is an author of this utility. For second the original page of app doesn't say anything about generating MLB. But you can easily extract ROM/MLB values from running system directly into Clover configuration file with this utility.

New 13 Char MLB Genrate tool :: MLBGen

Nice utility, good work. Adice for noobs: change .txt to .command, and use chmod +x in terminal to make it executable. Then double click.

Can anyone confirm working?? Does it matter how long our serial number is/does it have to correspond?

EDIT: Upon further discussion with other members, it seems that you still need a valid mlb/rom combination unless you have an apple wifi card. this utility generates random characters for some values so in theory should not work due to apple's whitelisting practices...

No. It does not!

Thanks for testing. 

If it just generates random MAC addresses, then I see no advantage to the app over imessage_debug.

PS - I assume the original work on Mac serial numbers you are referring to is by pickle@macfaq.org?

@themonarc,

There are most likely 2 stages in Apple's verification process:

1.  Syntax/formatting check of the MLB

2.  Whitelist checking the MLB/ROM combination

Even if a randomly generated MLB has the correct formatting, it still needs to be registered (along with a ROM value) on Apple's whitelist database - hence the need to still call Apple support with the customer support error code if not using genuine MLB/ROMs from a real Mac.

@rayap I can't help you with that right now unfortunately (as I won't get my card until later this week). on the insanelymac chat, Pavo said that Apple hardware (even a bluetooth card apparently) has an appropriate rom that corresponds to the device's hardware address. this then creates a valid authentication certificate which allows you to use imessage. ask him or tom.bridges for more info on that.

Nice utility, good work. Adice for noobs: change .txt to .command, and use chmod +x in terminal to make it executable. Then double click.

Can anyone confirm working?? Does it matter how long our serial number is/does it have to correspond?

EDIT: Upon further discussion with other members, it seems that you still need a valid mlb/rom combination unless you have an apple wifi card. this utility generates random characters for some values so in theory should not work due to apple's whitelisting practices...

This tool follow this guide ....

I've gotten hold of a real MLB (from a 13 inch MBP 5,5 Mid 2009) to give you an example of how to generate a synthetic MLB using its component parts :).

PPYWWSSSSCCCC

• SSSS = Production number, within this week.  Say it is 41 066 decimal converted to Base-36 = 0VOQ

So our made up MBP 5,5 MLB serial number is W89260VOQ6GCA.  You can obviously change WW and SSSS to other values if you like...

Procedure to activate

2. Put MLB & ROM in RtVariables/config.plist, keep everything else the same including current system serial and SMBIOS
  4. Reboot computer and run iMessage debug to confirm MLB/ROM values are persistent
  5. Reconnect internet
  6. Login to iMessage ---> will most likely get Customer code if you haven't accidently created someone's real MLB/ROM
  7. Call Apple Support saying you have a problem with your Apple ID while logging in to iMessage
  8. Cross fingers that they fix it :)!

In this week no more discussion about Pattern of MLB So i released this After too much wait.....

Hi hanger,, when i used your shell script, i can't see any generated mlb.. or am i can't see it? need a guidance. thanks. :D

=============================================================

Fixed, i open it with terminal and the result is clear to see. sorry for any wrong. :D

So are all values generated completely random? Or are they generated based off of existing values ie. system uuid, etc.?

based on fusion71au tips :

PPYWWSSSSCCCC

Procedure to activate

5. Reconnect internet
  8. Cross fingers that they fix it

@Hanger1

I think that your 13 chars MLB script takes 3 first chars of serial for product location (YM8).

Not good for me, as it give 80 for WW. :)

Did you find how to make a CCCC out of a three chars EEE (for example EEE=XDA for a mac Pro 3.1) ?

@Hanger1,

Nice work on your MLB Char 17 Generation script!  :D

I looked it over and begin to modify it because that's what I like to do to people's code ...  :hysterical:

Anyway I added a few things, if you want to see your modified version, it's here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8etvwejha399se/MLBGen17%5BModified%5D.sh?dl=0

Cheers!

P.S. Does anyone know how to obtain ROM value from a terminal command? It seems like iMessage_Debug is the only utility to do this so far ...  :lol:

• Like 1

You only looked at the maximum value of NBR, which is indeed 46655 for ZZZ, but you forgot EEEE. Now look at this:

NBR EEEE = 78.364.164.095 x 52 = 4.074.936.532.940

That is the theoretical maximum number, in one year, available for Apple serial numbers. Now look at the models that were actually sold in 2012 (models that I found):

iMac (Late 2012)

661-7101 Logic Board, Quad-Core i5, 2.7GHz, 21.5 inch 512MB GDDR A1418, EEE Code: DYWF,F117,F502,F505,F9GY,F9H0,F9H1,F9H2
661-7102 Logic Board, Quad-Core i5, 2.9GHz, 512MB GDDR A1418, EEE Code: DYWD,F504
661-7103 Logic Board, Quad-Core i7, 3.1GHz, 512MB GDDR A1418, EEE Code: F116,F503
661-7156 Logic Board, Quad-Core i5, 2.9GHz, 512MB GDDR A1419, EEE Code: F2FR,F653
661-7157 Logic Board, Quad-Core i5, 3.2GHz, 1GB GDDR A1419, EEE Code: F49P,F651
661-7158 Logic Board, Quad-Core i5, 3.2GHz, 2GB GDDR A1419, EEE Code: F49R,F652
661-7159 Logic Board, Quad-Core i7, 3.4GHz, 1GB GDDR A1419, EEE Code: DYW3,F64V
661-7160 Logic Board, Quad-Core i7, 3.4GHz, 2GB GDDR A1419, EEE Code: F0V5,F64W
661-7373 Logic Board, 2.7GHz (Supports Fusion Drive) A1418, EEE Code: FF4G,FF4H,FF4J,FF4K,FF4L,FF4M,FF4N,FF4P

iMac12,1 (Late 2011)
661-6024 Logic Board, 3.1 GHz, Dual-Core i3 - 21.5inch iMac Late 2011 - A1311, EEE Code: DNY3,DP00

iMac12,2 (Mid 2011)
661-5935 Logic Board, 2.5 GHz, Quad-Core i5 - 21.5 inch iMac Mid 2011 - A1311, EEE Code: DJWK,DM66,DNJK
661-5936 Logic Board, 2.7 GHz, Quad-Core i5 - 21.5 inch iMac Mid 2011 - A1311, EEE Code: DKG1,DM65,DNJJ
661-5937 Logic Board, 2.8 GHz, Quad-Core i7 - 21.5 inch iMac Mid 2011 - A1311, EEE Code: DKG2,DM67,DNJL
661-5948 Logic Board, 2.7 GHz, Quad-Core i5 - 27 inch iMac Mid 2011 - A1312, EEE Code: DJWM,DMT3,DMT5
661-5949 Logic Board, 3.1 GHz, Quad-Core i5 - 27 inch iMac Mid 2011 - A1312, EEE Code: DJWN, DM69
661-5950 Logic Board, 3.4 GHz, Quad core i7 - 27 inch iMac Mid 2011 - A1312, EEE Code: DJWP, DM6C

That are 48 EEE codes giving us: 46655 (ZZZ) * 52 (weeks) = 2426060 * 48 (found EEE Codes) = 116450880

Check out this coloured line , And I'm not saying this generated codes are that Real MLB (which registered on Apple white list).

These codes are too resemble to Real MLB "Not Real"

Hi hanger,, when i used your shell script, i can't see any generated mlb.. or am i can't see it? need a guidance. thanks. :D

=============================================================

Fixed, i open it with terminal and the result is clear to see. sorry for any wrong. :D

Open terminal::

type::  sh

And throw this downloaded script to terminal::

Press Enter GANG!! Its Easy .........

@Hanger1

I think that your 13 chars MLB script takes 3 first chars of serial for product location (YM8).

Not good for me, as it give 80 for WW. :)

Did you find how to make a CCCC out of a three chars EEE (for example EEE=XDA for a mac Pro 3.1) ?

In 17 Char MLB...

First two char are made of Location third one is for generation or not something else but also are in first serial of Our Mac ...

In older posts you can find those codes but .....

If our serials says its in Quanta Computer,China . If we add our factory place code then our MLB says its in other place , Which not proper... So i get them from Serial

--------------------------------------------------

MLBGen13 v3

I want to say add your own opinion your own code in my script to make it batter 

To be a perfect many modification needs

If you know about MLB's Pattern . Hope guys you works on it

MLBGen13V3.zip

• Like 1

MLBGen17 v3

Its Last From Me

Hope its batter way to create Fake MLB

---------------- END OF MLB Gen (From:Me)----------------

Hope this thread will open when Something new coming to iMessage

For More News Of iMessage meet jaymonkey (He is working person with iMessage)

Every Mac Logic Board has MLB with Barcode .

In Factory After attaching barcode it register to the Apple white list...

MLBGen17V3.sh.zip

• Like 1

MLBGen17 v3

Its Last From Me

Hope its batter way to create Fake MLB

---------------- END OF MLB Gen (From:Me)----------------

Hope this thread will open when Something new coming to iMessage

For More News Of iMessage meet jaymonkey (He is working person with iMessage)

Every Mac Logic Board has MLB with Barcode .

In Factory After attaching barcode it register to the Apple white list...

Thanks Hanger1.

i have a problem that is "-bash: /Users/Supreme/Downloads/MLBGen17V3.sh: Permission denied"

how can i fix it?