Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

Also Work with 10.9.4

I don't care :::::::   Mine working with this way so posted :::::  after 294 post no solution than is sux soI don't care "

Ill try it, i was apart and tired to be testing without any good result, but now you can awake my sense again.

Thanks a lot    :yes:    This is my final config plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>CStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PStates</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Yosemite</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>IMEI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x04128086</string>
<key>LAN</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>NVidia</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>SATA</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>WIFI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>XHCI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
</dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<false/>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>Nothing</string>
</array>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
<string>Windows</string>
</array>
<key>Language</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Mirror</key>
<false/>
<key>Speed</key>
<integer>8</integer>
</dict>
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<true/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>First</string>
<key>Tool</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Theme</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0a260006</string>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>Trust</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

The highlighted in red is the necessary.

Thanks to all community 

config.plist.zip

Install this kext  >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByXGCIAGS_j9cVlXZ01qOXhNVFU/

Get Full QE/CI In Intel HD 4600

In Yosemite 10.10

In Clover Config. Devices > IntelGFX 0x04128086 

0x04128086 is My Graphics device ID in DPCI Manager

Note :: Tasted on Desktop HD 4600

Port 5 > HDMI

Not work in DP2 and DP1

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

Screenshot of DPCI Manager ::

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eS0ow4U7r8t55lTWRvRMLIVwmaNHU-pZlhogvgD-ILOsXg3XpPsF8WdfEnZoZNk9Q8I7yzyu-pA=w1300-h748

Hi hanger1 and other guys.

you said hdmi port is 5 (is this in your system or is standard), so, I got a board Z87M-D3H and i need to know if is HDMI port 5 or 3

No need to insert device ID. Clover finds automatically.

No need to replace FB kext, it works with stock kext when inserting right platform-id.

Rainbow colored postings sux  :geek:

I tested all platform id with my system and anything could do QE/CI, some of them make better graphics than other and full res , but never I got traslucid menus what is no QE.

OK, for the first time I do have have QE/CI working on my HD4600 mobile GPU.  This is running on my Asus G750JM laptop, but should work with other HD4600 mobile GPUs.  All credit goes to Pike for posting the modifications to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext on his website http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/.  I advise you to check out the website, if you haven't already, he has some brilliant stuff on there.  

Anyway he lists the modifications to the kexts that are required.  First we need to add the missing device-id (0x04168086) to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist, then patch /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS, changing the device id from 04128086 to 04168086.  It is the first of the two patches he lists.  I couldn't get it to work using the perl script so I did it manually using Hex Fiend editor.  

Now I already had 0a260006 injected with both DSDT and Clover, which may be overkill, only one should be required.  But i order to get QE/CI working I had to add 0x0a268086 or 0x04128086 in IntelGFX under devices in clover.  I tried 0x04168086, 0x0a260006 and 0x0, none of which worked.  All features of QE/CI are working.  I even got a Cinebench OpenGL benchmark with a score of 21.42 fps.  

There is still some flickering when the login screen comes up, and some problems with the menu bar font looking speckled, but otherwise it looks great.  Haven't tried any of the other outputs yet.  Many thanks to Piker Alpha, and everyone else involved.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing :-)

Which did you use ? The first one or the second ?

One more thing : if terminal report an error with the perl line change ‘s to 's

After that patching worked for me but I still don't have QE/CI. As I'm injecting 0x04160000 I will try your value :-)

Thanks for sharing :-)

Which did you use ? The first one or the second ?

One more thing : if terminal report an error with the perl line change ‘s to 's

After that patching worked for me but I still don't have QE/CI. As I'm injecting 0x04160000 I will try your value :-)

The first, haven't tried the second yet.  We still need to do some fine tuning to eliminate the remaining glitches, so I want to try that too.

The first, haven't tried the second yet.  We still need to do some fine tuning to eliminate the remaining glitches, so I want to try that too.

For little artifacts you may try to change the display color profile, it did the trick for me!

OK, for the first time I do have have QE/CI working on my HD4600 mobile GPU.  This is running on my Asus G750JM laptop, but should work with other HD4600 mobile GPUs.  All credit goes to Pike for posting the modifications to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext on his website http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/.  I advise you to check out the website, if you haven't already, he has some brilliant stuff on there.  

Anyway he lists the modifications to the kexts that are required.  First we need to add the missing device-id (0x04168086) to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist, then patch /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS, changing the device id from 04128086 to 04168086.  It is the first of the two patches he lists.  I couldn't get it to work using the perl script so I did it manually using Hex Fiend editor.  

Now I already had 0a260006 injected with both DSDT and Clover, which may be overkill, only one should be required.  But i order to get QE/CI working I had to add 0x0a268086 or 0x04128086 in IntelGFX under devices in clover.  I tried 0x04168086, 0x0a260006 and 0x0, none of which worked.  All features of QE/CI are working.  I even got a Cinebench OpenGL benchmark with a score of 21.42 fps.  

There is still some flickering when the login screen comes up, and some problems with the menu bar font looking speckled, but otherwise it looks great.  Haven't tried any of the other outputs yet.  Many thanks to Piker Alpha, and everyone else involved.

Same for me. Interestingly, after updating Yosemite from DP1 to DP2 ages ago, it refused to boot from Internal GFX, so I've been using an old GeForce card for months. However, despite many attempts, turning off Inject Intel was the first step in getting it to work without crashing at boot, and now with these settings and it turned back on, it's back to pre-DP2 performance... very odd :P

However, the menu issue disappears running apps in full screen mode. I have a feeling the text is actually trying to be transparent, but in full screen mode it goes back to normal white text. Must be a dev bug, should be fixed soon by Apple.

The only other issue is weird flicker with the Apple logo between full loaded booting progress bar and login screen, and 3 odd specks near the restart button at login, that look like artifacts. All other performance is good, screensaver, iTunes visualiser, animations, but they can get a bit 'sticky' from time to time. Oh well ;)

Oh, and one last thing. Time Machine menu icon is grey in dark mode when using Intel GFX. For some reason the white icon only shows on dedicated cards?? Very odd :D