Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

I've got HD4600 running with dual screens with QE/CI, but if I turn one of the screens off Yosemite starts freezing every 5 seconds until I turn the second screen back on, the main screen flickers and the freezing stops.

I've tried running several platform ids, etc..

Try unplugging the monitor and see what happens. 

if I turn it off using the physical power switch, just like standby, Yosemite starts freezing.

Hotplug HDMI on HD4600/8 Series, Intel driver crashes (fixed in 9 Series).  Consider matching HDMI framebuffer connector to the motherboard HDMI connector, If you are using Azul/0d220003 framebuffer, see toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers.  Attach IOReg.

0d220003 works in GM candidate build now.

The only ports my motherboard has are HDMI, DVI and VGA, I don't use VGA so I guess I should use Azul A or B patch?

I've tried both patches and I'm having same problem, when both screens are on it works fine and if I turn the second screen off connected to HDMI the whole OS freezes every 5 seconds or so until I turn the screen back on. If I physically unplug the HDMI then it stops freezing.

I've attached my files, if you can help me then great, if not thanks for trying.

config.plist.zip

Martin’s iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

0d220003 works in GM candidate build now.

Did not reply to my request.  If possible, boot with only HDMI connected and reply with new IOJones.

It is possible to explain again, how the HD 4600 Desktop (i7 4790k) on exactly works? 

Bootloader?

Booted with just HDMI in and my iojones is attached. 

HDMI is Port 0x6

DVI is Port 0x5.

Backup config.plist

Native Azul/0300220d has 3  DP  connectors.

Azul edits for your motherboard; download (View Raw)  config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist.zip

See toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/README.txt for more info

Copy two patches to your config.plist from config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch/

1. 10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI

2. 10.10-Azul-Port_0x6-DP2HDMI

Save and Install. Restart.

Patches do not fix hot plug HDMI problem, i.e., freeze and restart.  Do not hot plug HDMI display.

If graphics failure, install backup config.plist

Reply with new IOJones.

I use Chameleon 2399 on Yosemite.

HD4600/Desktop, use IntelAzulFB=10  (0300220d)

Two methods, select one

1. Add to Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist/IntelAzulFB=10

2. Chameleon Installer/Custom/Settings/Intel Azul AAPL,ig-platform-id/0300220d

More info: Intel HD4000 and Haswell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id

Hi.

My System is: CPU Core i3 4340 / GA-Z87M-D3H / 16GB DDR3 / GPU Intel HD4600/ 2TB WD and 128GB SSD Kingston/ Display Asus VN247 using HDMI Output.

Im testing Ozmosis 1479 for Z87M-D3H.

so, i create USB installer using MacPwn and OS X Yosemite GM candidate 1.

after install and apply framebufferazul.kext my display is full HD but not translucent so, No QE/CI.

in this when starting up screen trembling a little , i ask about this mac and My GPU is recognized as Intel HD 4600 1536MB (installed 16GB), 

then I try another way to get translucent menu, this way is booting from USB installer and Choosing EFI.

in that way my graphicard is shows as Intel Iris Pro, but not translucent menu.

I notice here many people are getting intel hd4600 desktop with DP8 or GM.

whats the point can i tweak to get it work for me.

HDMI is Port 0x6

DVI is Port 0x5.

Backup config.plist

Azul edits for your motherboard; download (View Raw)  config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist.zip

Copy two patches to your config.plist from config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch/

Patches do not fix hot plug HDMI problem, i.e., freeze and restart.  Do not hot plug HDMI display.

Reply with new IOJones.

Two methods, select one

Hi!

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I also tried to install the Kext Patch but it's always the same. I'm on Yosemite PB4.

EDIT: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/more-guides/intel-hd-graphics-guide/ I found this guide. The only that I don't know how to do is the  Part 4: Framebuffer Personality Structure How can I do that?

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I also tried to install the Kext Patch but it's always the same. I'm on Yosemite PB4.

Not helpful. PB4/HD4600 works as expected with settings provided above. Do you want to know what you did wrong?  If yes, attach an IOReg.

whats the point can i tweak to get it work for me.

No idea. Attach an IOReg.

Not helpful. PB4/HD4600 works as expected with settings provided above. Do you want to know what you did wrong?  If yes, attach an IOReg.

No idea. Attach an IOReg.

I saw now that I have to apply before the Azul Patch. Sorry. 

How can I know which of those (letter: "a" to "g") I have to install?

So I just have (1) to apply the patch and (2) to modify the boot.plist. Is this right?

Thanks very much for your help!

HDMI is Port 0x6

DVI is Port 0x5.

Backup config.plist

Reply with new IOJones.

Two methods, select one

I need hot plug HDMI as my second screen is a 75" TV and I don't leave it on all the time, thanks for the help though.

I saw now that I have to apply before the Azul Patch.

Big mistake, the instructions for ArcticFox are not applicable to your system; remove.

This forum combined two replies to the one reply, bad idea.

Try:

Two methods, select one

Patches are applied after the framebuffer is working and are, likely, unique to your system.

Reply with an IOReg.

Big mistake, the instructions for ArcticFox are not applicable to your system; remove.

Try:

Two methods, select one

Patches are applied after the framebuffer is working and are, likely, unique to your system.

Reply with an IOReg.

im using Ozmosis and  trying clover uefi from EFi partition.

can i use those methods?

Try:

Two methods, select one

Reply with an IOReg.

Then I tried both methods and the HD 4600 is not being recognized. I still applied no patch.

So you mean I would have just to modify the plist and it should work, is this right? I need no patch? What you mean with "Reply with an IOReg"?

Thanks for the help!

according to this topic the list for ig-platform-id to try is: (don't forget to put 0x in front - for example 0x0D220003)

Intel HD 4600/5000 (Azul)

04260000 Chimera HD 5000 Default

0A160000 

0A260000 

0A260005 MacBook Air Platform ID

0A260006 

0A260008 

0A2E0008 

0C060000 

0C160000

0C260000 

0D220003 Chimera HD 4600 Default 

0D260000

0D260007

Can someone report it's working? Currently i don't have Yosemite installed.

This is a bad copy made by Macman, of the original work done by ErmaC and bcc9. And the keys of Chimera to inject these values ​​are not supported by all Chameleon (trunk and branches): 
This is because they are ashamed to copy all the work!...
  • Like 1

I was wondering how it works despite 0300220d having 3 DP connectors and none HDMI.

If they were all HDMI, DP and DVI would work.  For HDMI audio, the the framebuffer and physical connectors have to match.  With some systems, display behavior problems are solved when the framebuffer and physical connectors are matched.

im using Ozmosis and  trying clover uefi from EFi partition.

For HD4600/Desktop, the Clover settings are config.plist/Graphics/Intel/Inject/True (mandatory) and optionally config.plist/Graphics/ig-framebuffer-id/0d220003 or other Azul framebuffer preference.  Azul framebuffer edits can only be determined from IOReg after the framebuffer loads successfully.

So you mean I would have just to modify the plist and it should work, is this right? I need no patch? What you mean with "Reply with an IOReg"?

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist as noted.  Azul framebuffer edits can only be determined from IOReg after the framebuffer loads successfully.

Select View Raw for download, IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip

• Like 1