Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

im using Ozmosis and  trying clover uefi from EFi partition.

can i use those methods?

:yes:  :D

Finally Fullworking OS X Yosemite GM C1.

I try several times with many methods, tHis morning i get had on this new installer and surprise my system boot flawlessly in OS X Yosemite.

Im using Ozmosis 1479 for my Board GA-Z87M-D3H and staringup time take about 10 sec.without any kext or inject needed and now i got full QE/CI that was my issues for a long time.

now, its getting working QE/CI (translucent Menu) and just i need to install audio and network kext.

after that bootup time is getting less. about 5sec.

thanks. :thumbsup_anim:  :wink_anim:  :)

If they were all HDMI, DP and DVI would work.  For HDMI audio, the the framebuffer and physical connectors have to match.  With some systems, display behavior problems are solved when the framebuffer and physical connectors are matched.

For HD4600/Desktop, the Clover settings are config.plist/Graphics/Intel/Inject/True (mandatory) and optionally config.plist/Graphics/ig-framebuffer-id/0d220003 or other Azul framebuffer preference.  Azul framebuffer edits can only be determined from IOReg after the framebuffer loads successfully.

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist as noted.  Azul framebuffer edits can only be determined from IOReg after the framebuffer loads successfully.

Select View Raw for download, IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip

Thank you very much for that.. I hope, it will be work, then I can save money for not to buy a compatible graphic card :)

After a long wait, (my) HD4600 works in Yosemite GM. I have struggled on Mavericks and abandoned.

Nothing special, no plist edits, or modded kexts. Just injected via my DSDT (strictly the same i use for Mavericks).

How have you done that? I'm going crazy because of the HD 4600 :(

I tried to install Yosemite GM 1.0 on my main partition, i could also manage to get the same level of functionality that i got with Mavericks.  However i switched back to OSX 10.9 for 2 things:

-In Yosemite i get full QE/CI BUT i always get an extremely laggy graphic for 1 minute after i get to the GUI with my mobile HD4600 then it works normally (tried other ig-platform-ids, patching IntelAzul and HD5000 kexts but no positive results).  If i go to sleep then i get the same sluggish experience for 1 minute after wake.

-The nvidia kexts prevent the laptop from booting, the only 2 ways to go through is 1-to add nv_disable=1 (thus i lose HDMI video out which is handled by the discrete GPU) or 2-To install Nvidia web drivers (no more need for nv_disable=1 but i still lose HDMI video out).

These issues started to happen with my rig in Mavericks 10.9.2 and the only solution was to roll backs Intel HD and Nvidia kexts, but this is not possible with Yosemite... :(

Basically, everything is on this screenshot (attached file)

Notice this is my Mavericks partition ; i'm a waiting an hypothetical GM2 to fully switch to 10.10

Thanks for the reply!

Where can I find this file "DSDT.."? I don´t have it on my chameleon..

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone,

I have a particular problem with HD 4600 mobile graphics:

I've applied the azivda's clover configurator settings to my Installer (pendrive) Clover config.plist

device/IntelGFX/0x04128086

Graphics/Inject Intel/IG-Platform-ID/0x0a260006

Kernel and kext patches

Name      : AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

find         : 3D86801204

Replace  : 3D86801604

Name      : AppleIntelHD5000Graphics

find         : 3D868012047410EB5D

Replace :  3D868016047410EB5D

the problem is that it works only if I plug into the laptop an external hdmi monitor, but the laptop's display makes horizontal strips .... ??

Every suggestion would be very appreciated ... thx!

Asus N550JV - Intel Core i7 4700HQ/2.4Ghz - 4GB Nvidia Geforce GT750M/Intel HD Graphics 4600 - 8GB DDR3 Ram

There does seem to be an issue when using PikerAlpha's patch to enable HD4600 mobile on Yosemite.

I am experiencing frequent crashes in CVMCompiler.

The crash log looks as follows:

Process:               CVMCompiler [504]
Path:                  /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/CVMCompiler
Identifier:            CVMCompiler
Version:               79
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           CVMCompiler [504]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2014-10-19 19:02:03.455 +0400
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        75E92817-BD54-6C39-091E-62E5C0F9B10F

Time Awake Since Boot: 230 seconds

Crashed Thread:        5

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (gIcbeDylib != NULL), function loadIcbeDylib, file /SourceCache/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.0.86/Common/CLPlugin/Intel/igil/cvms_plugin/igil_cvms_plugin.cpp, line 209.

Unsure if the patch is causing this or some other issue, but it seems related to the Intel GPU. Anyone any idea?

Did anyone manage to fix the glitches at boot and at the top bar in Yosemite with the mobile HD4600 ?

I managed to fix the mouse lag at boot by switching to a MacbookPro 11,1 instead of 11,2.  Also reduced the glitches by using ig-platform-id=0xa260006 (instead of 0xa260005).  And i finally tested different display profiles, and the best was Apple Generic RGB, but i still have many glitches such as in this screenshot (top bar left, and can go worst when checking text in terminal for instance):

post-946790-0-29601300-1413736711_thumb.png

Other things i tested and that made no difference:

-Slide=0

-Injecting Edid

-Testing other ig-platform-ids (was worse).

-Testing other Smbioses

Did anyone manage to fix the glitches at boot and at the top bar in Yosemite with the mobile HD4600 ?

I managed to fix the mouse lag at boot by switching to a MacbookPro 11,1 instead of 11,2.  Also reduced the glitches by using ig-platform-id=0xa260006 (instead of 0xa260005).  And i finally tested different display profiles, and the best was Apple Generic RGB, but i still have many glitches such as in this screenshot (top bar left, and can go worst when checking text in terminal for instance):

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-10-19 at 12.36.32 PM.png

Other things i tested and that made no difference:

-Slide=0

-Injecting Edid

-Testing other ig-platform-ids (was worse).

-Testing other Smbioses

I have same problem....

Just an update on how to fix the screen garble/scramble before getting to Yosemite:
Using clover (only applicable to Yosemite):

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>hcB0XUg=</data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>McB0W0g=</data>
    </dict>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>QYjE6wM=</data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>QYjE6yM=</data>
    </dict>
</array>

Or through perl script:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\x85\xc0\x74\x5d\x48|\x31\xc0\x74\x5b\x48|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext/IOGraphicsFamily
sudo perl -i -pe 's|\x41\x88\xc4\xeb\x03|\x41\x88\xc4\xeb\x23|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext/IOGraphicsFamily

I take no credit, just copy paste from the banned forum.  All credits to the-darkvoid .

• Like 2