OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Can i upgrade from 10.9 to 10.10 without lose my applications and configuration?

I have Dell Insprion N5110, Is 10.10 work on my laptop?

Sorry but... can you read? It's failing to boot for anyone... how would we know if it'll work on your laptop or not?

• Like 1

ira,how to set dev boot flag to nvram ? i have it on my info.plist ...

By the way,i only have InstallESD.dmg and OSInstall.mpkg on contents/shared support...

Boot in single user mode and run

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

cp -R /path/to/fakesmc/and/other/kexts/*.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

exit

At this time system may run a second cache build and will reboot. Then just boot from the partition.

:)

Here we go InsanelyMac Family!

post-1144585-0-22337600-1401788824_thumb.png

• Like 19

Gz! btw. the OS itself looks so strange... :D

edit: it looks like the build on the wwdc was a newer build, because it had a new example file in the downloads stack on the dock. Also the menubar shadow is much smoother in that build.

• Like 1

Boot in single user mode and run

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

cp -R /path/to/fakesmc/and/other/kexts/*.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

exit

At this time system may run a second cache build and will reboot. Then just boot from the partition.

:)

Here we go InsanelyMac Family!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-03 at 2.45.25 AM.png

Thanks,+ira...ill try and let you know...

• Like 2

Guys so here's the bullet proof simpliest guide i can write if you're using clover and already has it working with Mavericks.

I'm assuming you already know how to do a Base System based USB/HDD/Partition whatever installer:

1. Proceed with building the Installer as usual, but forget about mach_kernel, instead copy the BaseSystem.dmg and Basesystem.chunklist that are hidden in the OS X Install ESD dmg you already mounted to the root of your installer partition;

2. Create a folder called kexts in the root of the installer directory and put any needed kexts from your clover EFI partition or whatever they are;

3. Select those kexts and put them also in /System/Library/Extensions of the Installer;

4. Reboot to the installer in Single User Mode and run:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
exit

5. At this point the system may continue to load and you'll reach the installer, if it reboots just boot in to it again.

6. Install the system as usual, but do not reboot yet.

7. Close the installer and open Disk Utility select the partition where you installed Yosemite and notate the disk identifier ex: diskXsX

8. Close Disk Utility and open Terminal then run the following:

mkdir /Volumes/TEMP
mount -t hfs /dev/diskXsX /Volumes/TEMP/
cp -R /kexts/* /Volumes/TEMP/System/Library/Extensions/

9. Close Terminal and reboot to the partition you've installed Yosemite in Single User Mode;

10. Run the following commands again:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
exit

11. At this point the system may continue to load and you'll reach the system, if it reboots just boot in to it again.

Enjoy!

If someone found a simpler way please post, this is the way i get it working.

Really Thanks for your time and effort,+ira ... :)

• Like 2

I've followed your guide +ira and I'm just instantly rebooting, right after clover's verbose screen loads and is about to start the OS x verbose screen.

Haswell i7 4700mq (locked msr's were an issue with similar symptoms when attempting mavericks, needed a patched mach_kernel at that time for a fix)

Any ideas?

Still same result, takes long time to boot and i cant reach install screen, stuck on grey screen with mouse spinning

Also when i rebuild cache it stops after Amd kexts ..

This is gonna be a loooooong day full of headache

• Like 1

Getting a "root device is mounted read-only" :/. At the first command...

Sorry, i'm not sure why you're seeing this, are your installer formatted as hfs extended journaled? Take a look at this page for clarification of what these commands do http://www.westwind.com/reference/os-x/commandline/single-user.html

I've followed your guide +ira and I'm just instantly rebooting, right after clover's verbose screen loads and is about to start the OS x verbose screen.

Haswell i7 4700mq (locked msr's were an issue with similar symptoms when attempting mavericks, needed a patched mach_kernel at that time for a fix)

Any ideas?

If you need a patched kernel to run Mavericks you will likely need one as well to run Yosemite, the method described in my post makes use of kernelcache...

Getting this issue...

There's a typo on the syntax of the command it is /(no space here)sbin/fsck(here it has a space)-fy

GT4kvhz.jpg

Stuck here :/

You're not stuck the system is waiting for you to enter the next command if any...
  • Like 1

There's a typo on the syntax of the command it is /(no space here)sbin/fsck(here it has a space)-fy

You're not stuck the system is waiting for you to enter the next command if any...

Yeah but the system can't create the kext cache.. it stops after AMD kext then i get this error :/

Sorry, i'm not sure why you're seeing this, are your installer formatted as hfs extended journaled? Take a look at this page for clarification of what these commands do http://www.westwind.com/reference/os-x/commandline/single-user.html

If you need a patched kernel to run Mavericks you will likely need one as well to run Yosemite, the method described in my post makes use of kernelcache...

yeah,mac os extended journaled,as always for any OS X installer...but im not able even to finish the command,he jumps on the same moment to continue the boot process...