OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

But Ira: despite the reports, are you sure the install actually fails? Did you try to boot from the targeted disk?

Yep, the target partition was untouched, the error show up on the beginning of the install it was not that common error on trying to set the startup disk it was another one... See the updated post i've attached the logs... 

Jun  3 00:24:18 Mac-641c6765c9ad.local OSInstaller[545]: Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (down) while running as uid 0?!?!

That was outputed while saving the log...

I just saw this on Macrumors:

Worked for me, installing now from USB stick on a clean partition on my rMBP...

1. In applications folder, right click on Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview, choose "Show Package Contents".

2. Open Contents / Shared Support

3. You'll see a Packages folder. Open terminal, enter:

open "/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

4. Using Disk Utility, restore OS X Base System to your USB Stick. (Took a couple of times for me)

5. On the USB Stick, in System/Installation delete the link named Packages

6. Copy Packages from OS X Install ESD to the System/Installation folder on the USB Stick

7. Unhide files from the OS X Install ESD dmg to copy BaseSystem.dmg and Basesystem.chunklist (they are both hidden) and copy them onto the USB stick (not in a folder, top level)

8. Unmount USB stick. You now have a full bootable USB stick with the OS.

Trying it now...

• Like 7

I just tried it using that wonderful vanilla method. Every time I boot, it crashes while loading kexts. I have the kext dev mode arg enabled so i'm not sure what's up.

You have to have all unsigned kexts, specially FakeSMC, in the kernel cache so they be loaded. Then the flag will work.

1. In applications folder, right click on Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview, choose "Show Package Contents".

4. Using Disk Utility, restore OS X Base System to your USB Stick. (Took a couple of times for me)

6. Copy Packages from OS X Install ESD to the System/Installation folder on the USB Stick

7. Unhide files from the OS X Install ESD dmg to copy BaseSystem.dmg and Basesystem.chunklist (they are both hidden) and copy them onto the USB stick (not in a folder, top level)

Trying it now...

retina macbook pro...thats why...
  • Like 2

Trying it now...

It worked!

post-1144585-14017866813837_thumb.jpg

So, just to recap, in addition to this method we just need to put kexts in SLE, set dev boot flag to nvram and rebuil caches for the installer to work and forget about mach_kernel...

• Like 3

You have to have all unsigned kexts, specially FakeSMC, in the kernel cache so they be loaded. Then the flag will work.

Where would I go about getting these? I'm not sure the ones I'm using are unsigned. Also, if it means anything, the kexts stop loading at applekextexcludelist.kext.

Installed 10.10 over Mavericks from a USB drive, said it installed successfully, rebooted my 10.9 as prompted -- booted Clover and it took me back to 10.9 (mach_kernel). Used vusun123's kernel file and booted with kernel=kernel, now it hangs while trying to finish loading Clover. I'm using all my old flags, plus the kext dev thing. I have another hard drive I am going to try to install from scratch to see what happens. I believe I've moved all the kexts I need (and clover should be loading the old stuff from S/L/E). I just migrated from chameleon to clover before digging into 10.10. Currently booted back to 10.9 (Clover) with mach_kernel to post this. Anyone seen this? Just hangs here with the 10.10 kernel.

I forget how to attach images properly on here, screenshot is: http://www.dvlr.org/yosedrivers.jpg

(Signature is old, ignore!)

It worked!

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1401786654365.jpg

So, just to recap, in addition to this method we just need to put kexts in SLE, set dev boot flag to nvram and rebuil caches for the installer to work and forget about mach_kernel...

ira,how to set dev boot flag to nvram ? i have it on my info.plist ...

By the way,i only have InstallESD.dmg and OSInstall.mpkg on contents/shared support...The Packages Folder,its inside InstallESD.dmg .